Your favorite car

GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
edited January 2013 in Strut Central
I don't know much about cars. Post your favorites. I would like to see some nice cars...
I was really fascinated be the new Porsche 911 Turbo on the tv show Top Gear. I might be biased, because I'm from Stuttgart.

What are your favorite cars? Old and new?

New:

Old: corny, but still

saw this at the Porsche garage lately. Wow!!! I had the toy car

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Eagle Roadster (E-Type Reboot):

Aston One-77:

'67 Dodge Charger:

'55 Chevy Bel-Air from "2 Lane Open Blacktop":

'70 Plymouth Roadrunner:

'71 Buick Riviera:

Lancia Stratos and 2010 Reboot (430 reskin):

And then there's the VWs... And the RS Audis... And the Saabs... And...

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts

#2 was always my favorite

Would.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    If I could only ever have one car... this

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    Tesla S

Or a 71 Hemi Cuda in slime green

This is my white whale though...

1948 Buick Streamliner...they only made one

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    1968 Shelby GT500 convertible Mustang. The 1967 had slightly better lines, but 1968 was the first year Ford dropped a serious engine in the Mustang, changing it from a pony car to a muscle car.

Also, we Americans invented automobiles, so keep that Euro shit out my face.

Eggplant Xanadoo said:

I wonder why...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Wish I had my first car back, the one I used to drive during the late 80's, a 1977 Buick Regal...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:

:zip:

i love american cars.
    it's a bit unfair that most exported euro cars look better as us versions. they usually have some extras.

J i m s t e r said:
    Eggplant Xanadoo said:

I wonder why...

I'm guessing the look was so striking it was too distracting to traffic on the road potentially causing accidents.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    My first car was a 116 Mercedes 280 SE, the largest car Mercedes has ever built. Really fast as well, ran up to 210 kmh/130 mph and looked pretty mean:

After driving a couple of ugly Japanese cars or living in places where I didn't need a car I figured it's time to buy something fun again. So before we moved to Costa Rica I sold a bunch of records and bought two '74 VWs: A red beetle for my wife and a blue Thing for myself:

Really loving it, it's so much fun to drive around in. Perfect car to cruise through the tropics with the hood and the windscreen down and you wouldn't believe how many smiles it puts on people's faces. I'm not young and stupid enough to want to go any faster and for a vintage car it gets pretty good gas mileage...

• DB_Cooper said:

But we Euros invented America...

• 1970 Challenger

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    I would love to own either of these.
    Attached files

swissbeatz said:
    DB_Cooper said:

Ha! Nah, you guys invented income-generating colonies. My forebears from Boston invented America.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    I've owned most of my favorites, I'm not for anything over $10,000:

1963.5 Galaxie 500

1967 VW Notchback:

1972 Datsun 521:

1978 Honda Accord:

1995 Miata R (factory racer, 1 of 465 produced):

My friend's right hand drive Moke:

DB_Cooper said:
    swissbeatz said:
    DB_Cooper said:

Ha! Nah, you guys invented income-generating colonies. My forebears from Boston invented America.

Cough :manis1/8welsh: cough

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    My favorite car I ever owned, or ever will own, was my '71 Volkswagen Camper, pretty much identical to this one:

I would take it on the road for weeks at a time and had some of the best times ever cruising the back roads and going wherever I felt like that day and always having somewhere to sleep. Girlfriends loved it as much as I did. I rebuilt the whole thing myself and could even remove the engine by myself.

If a car is a vehicle to freedom, this was the best car ever.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

PICTURE ME ROLLIN'

I also dig Vegas. I drove a '73 Vega in highschool that I was quite fond of.

• I've got a first pressing Honda Element. I won't sell it. I can fit roughly 27 u-haul boxes (if my memory serves me well). If I had to trade, I'd go for one of the E-series white creeper vans, no windows, because it has a bigger engine and can fit more records.

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts

• old:

new:

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts

Love the Super Bird.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    The-gaffler said:

oh... that's what my exgirlfriends dad drove. my mom said it's a gipsy car. HAHA! or mafia benz.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Risingson said:
    old:

A kid I went to school with's dad had one of these. I was still kinda into cars at the time, too, so the first time I saw dude pull up in that thing was some serious :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt: