Running over dogs

Funky_MimizuFunky_Mimizu 631 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
SO I'm driving to work today on my ridiculously narrow Japanese street... It's two lanes, and in the morning there are kids riding bikes to school on both sides.

A gang of like five girls were on the left side, my lane, on their bikes, and a cute little black dog starts cheerfully crossing the street right in front of me.

I stop and laugh a little at the cute dumb dog, and beep my horn, the dog looks at me, than turns around to go back the way he came...

Bam, gets his head hit by a car coming in the other lane! The tires didn't run him over, he just got hit hard.

I pull ahead and get out and run to the dog who is curled up in a ball, barking like crazy... The other car didn't stop, though I know the fucker knew he hit the dog... The whole scene was obvious... I was stopped waiting for the dog, I honked... the other car saw that shit.

Shocking thing is... out of all the kids who were riding by... Not one stopped to check on the dog. Heartless motherfuckers.

The dog was barking, and his head was craned in a awkward position... I start petting him, and he stops barking, and starts wimpering. I pick him up and set him on the side of the rode... The way his head was turned, I figured his neck was broke...

An old man comes along, and I don't understand a word he says, except for "daijoubu", and "bikkurishita"... Basically, the dog "would be ok, and is probably just surprised from getting hit". I'm skeptical, but I thank the old man, and he walks on... I turn around and start calling my boss to ask him who I should call... I'm explaining the situation...

Turn around and the damn dog is gone! Some old man from a bakery across the street was saying he got up and ran away... and that he seemed ok.

Crazy shit, and traumatic way to begin your morning.

Peace...
FNM

Still don't get what the deal with the apathetic kids... they saw the dog get hit. Kids are supposed to care about animals.