in 85 LL went to Maine

dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
edited January 2013 in Strut Central
this is pretty dope has anyone seen this yet?

crowd was kinda lame except for a few B-boys, LL beatboxes, (which i cant recall i have seen or heard before), last few minutes are cool, LL murders the whole thing...so fresh!

Comments

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Pretty cool slice of history. Crazy having to explain to everyone what rapping and DJing is because it's so new at the time.

Cut Creator ticked off at his records skipping and stuff!

Crowd was lame? Crowd was 12! Looked like LL was doing some after school thing.

MEMREEEZZZ, LIKE THE CORNER OF MY MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Thought this was going to be about LL Bean.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:
    this is pretty dope has anyone seen this yet?

crowd was kinda lame except for a few B-boys, LL beatboxes, (which i cant recall i have seen or heard before), last few minutes are cool, LL murders the whole thing...so fresh!

Yeah, I saw it yesterday on the Ego Trip website. In fairness to the crowd, it's a bunch of high-school kids in mid-80s Maine, complete with mullets - many of whom look as if they'd much rather be listening to Night Ranger instead of this black kid talking in rhyme over this weird music that's just drums and scratching noises.

Fascinating bit of history, though. This must have been around the time his first album came out.

• I liked the interview with him on Big Fun In The Big Town when the Dutch interviewer went round to pick him up at his grandmother's house to go for a walk and conduct the interview. Think that was 1984.

• what up withthe host singing the way we were?? haha
    how the hell dis this event come about? LL still did a decent show on some ambassador from the hiphop nation shit

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    Super-sperm cuts for 4th graders....awesome.

• yeah, i forgot that. that was pretty awesome that it also came with LL's play by play

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:
    crowd was kinda lame

No kidding! 13:50 is hilarious.

• Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    Super-sperm cuts for 4th graders....awesome.

He cleaned up his act though
    "The beat elevates, the scratch excels except I came here to really do well!"

• aaaaa this is awesome. "I Want You" is my jam!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    volumen said:
    Crazy having to explain to everyone what rapping and DJing is because it's so new at the time..........................TO MAINE IN 1985.