NYC Trip

13»

Comments

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    JectWon said:
    Also, I'd love to get my learn on...anyone have suggestions on slept on libraries, collections, museums, spots of historical note to check out?

I was looking at this link of photos of slum life in 19th century NYC and remembered that there's the Tenement Museum on the Lower East Side. I actually never visited but from what I hear it's a pretty neat place to visit.

I've actually heard about that as well but forgot about it since. Thanks for the reminder.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    I just found my way to the Skyscraper museum in Battery City. The museum (through mid-June) is doing an exhibit on all the mega-rich very tall residential skyscrapers that are starting to go up in the city. Its pretty interesting, and only take about 30mins-1hr to see the whole exhibit.

Also, while a bit more catered to young folks & kids, I really dig the Transit museum in Downtown Brooklyn.

enjoy your time in the city.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Anybody buy records from Don who sells records in front of whole foods in Brooklyn hights? He used to own a store on amity and then a store in LA.

jlee said:
    I just found my way to the Skyscraper museum in Battery City. The museum (through mid-June) is doing an exhibit on all the mega-rich very tall residential skyscrapers that are starting to go up in the city. Its pretty interesting, and only take about 30mins-1hr to see the whole exhibit.

Also, while a bit more catered to young folks & kids, I really dig the Transit museum in Downtown Brooklyn.

enjoy your time in the city.

Added to the arsenal of 'stuff to do'. Thanks!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Trooped over to the Botanical Gardens this morning and saw this.......

MIghty Quinn's.....you 'bout to get this work...will report back with how f'ing amazing I'm sure it will be.

BTW...if anyone finds themselves around the Flushing stop at the end of the 7 train...do yourself a favor and get the spicy wontons at The White Bear....I speak the truth....just ask for the number 6.

JectWon said:
    MIghty Quinn's.....you 'bout to get this work...will report back with how f'ing amazing I'm sure it will be.

BTW...if anyone finds themselves around the Flushing stop at the end of the 7 train...do yourself a favor and get the spicy wontons at The White Bear....I speak the truth....just ask for the number 6.

Brisket and ribs...fuckin awesome.

Gonna be in BK during the 4 o;clock Greece v Costa Rica game. Where is the best place to watch it and have good beer?