December Finds

2»

Comments

• Picked to OG concert posters in a trade with a customer last week. The James Brown is from around '71, and the P-Funk from '81. About 2'x3' irl:

• my god are those posters ill, any chance you'd consider selling them to me?

• Horseleech said:
    Picked to OG concert posters in a trade with a customer last week. The James Brown is from around '71, and the P-Funk from '81. About 2'x3' irl:

Those are so sick! I hope you get those framed properly! Killer finds man!

• devoglam said:
    Those are so sick! I hope you get those framed properly! Killer finds man!

The JB was already framed very nicely. I'll get the P-Funk done soon - would have loved to see that show!. I actually did see Sly that year and it was interesting to say the least.

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts
    Dang Horseleech, how'd you find those!?

• nice posters!

i just picked up this for 50 cents. had never seen it before and am pretty much blown away by how good it is. and the album artwork is truly artwork. great new years find!

• thats not my pic..mine had no writing on the cover

• tony-that masekela record is one of his best for sure, larry willis really shines. my copy has a white-ish cover with a black and white pic of the man. another great hugh masekela record from this era with a similar vibe is "i am not afraid"

• yeah man, thats the elephant cover right? also the hezdoleh sound one is amazing.
    im not really sure what the cover is for the copy i just got...theres all kinds of sleeves and gatefolds that can almost function as the front cover if folded over. theres a photo of hugh and then some beautiful african art on other flaps. 50 cent purchase from my neighborhood anarchist bookshop!

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts
    Hedzoleh Soundz is very euphoric and oddly nostalgic for me. I also always loved the artwork. Super cool tribal african jazz vibes.

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts
    tripledouble said:

im not really sure what the cover is for the copy i just got...theres all kinds of sleeves and gatefolds that can almost function as the front cover if folded over. theres a photo of hugh and then some beautiful african art on other flaps.

I think you picked up the French pressing!