DOR Appreciation

discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
edited November 2012 in Strut Central
Soulstrut RoyaltyTM

Dude went out of his way to help me out with something in Toronto, makes hilarious photo posts, adds constant insightful conversation.

He gets props over here! This is what Soulstrut is all about.

  Comments


  • top quality poster. can i buy you a drink next time i am in t.o.?

  • RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Top notch poster and top notch dude.....one of the reasons I'm still here when many have fled.

  • skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,028 Posts
    J' adore DOR.

    Mumerous telling contributions to the TTSTTB thread.
    One of the Canadian bredren who are so sharp and on it that when a less classy compatriot pops up, are cast into such unflattering contrast as to invite total derision.

    And dare I say, an honorary Brit. There is no higher praise.
    Dude, cross the pond so we can get lagered up.

  • BRO-SINE


    dude is unheralded amounts of dude. yet ANOTHER person who lives mere minutes away but tragically we've never broke bread.

    yo, i got coupons for Swiss chalet, lets get that poulet-o iglesias son.

  • jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts

  • LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,518 Posts
    Yes. Good guy.

  • Hooraw

  • DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,809 Posts
    I can honestly say everyone of you that I've met IRL or had an interaction on this board has been nothing but a positive experience. Well, except for maybe one clown.

    But I can't even come close to saying that about anywhere else on the net. Hence why I'll stay until Raj shuts the place down. Tho, I hope that shit never happens.

    MusicaDelAlma,

    I'm glad everything went smoothly. No worries on sending anything. Let's just chalk it up to Team Soulstrut!






  • RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,578 Posts
    Like button. One of the reasons I keep doing this!

  • DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,319 Posts
    skel said:

    an honorary Brit. There is no higher praise.

    Yes! :cheese:

  • magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Good yout, i remember speaking with him and having a good rapport back in the Soul Strut SLSK chatroom days.

  • Knowledgeable, funny, and a great contributor for years and years. Appreciated and then some.

  • DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,809 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    skel said:

    an honorary Brit. There is no higher praise.

    Yes! :cheese:

    The 2nd time I ventured across the pond (The first was when I was a kid). I was visiting my g/f who was living/working in Hampstead Heath. When I got off the plane, the customs dude looked at me and said "Do you have anything to declare?". I was a bit uneasy because I had a suitcase full of records I was bringing to a friend, but just told him the truth. That they were all promo's I was bringing to a friend. He looked at me and without missing a beat said "No mate, take them down to Soho. You'll get 5 quid a piece for them. Maybe even 6". And he was right... So started my career of selling records in the UK.

    It's been a few years since I've been back. But I shall venture someday soon and buy all you fools a drink or two!

  • DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    DOR said:
    Duderonomy said:
    skel said:

    an honorary Brit. There is no higher praise.

    Yes! :cheese:

    The 2nd time I ventured across the pond (The first was when I was a kid). I was visiting my g/f who was living/working in Hampstead Heath. When I got off the plane, the customs dude looked at me and said "Do you have anything to declare?". I was a bit uneasy because I had a suitcase full of records I was bringing to a friend, but just told him the truth. That they were all promo's I was bringing to a friend. He looked at me and without missing a beat said "No mate, take them down to Soho. You'll get 5 quid a piece for them. Maybe even 6". And he was right... So started my career of selling records in the UK.

    It's been a few years since I've been back. But I shall venture someday soon and buy all you fools a drink or two!
    dor is that bol!

  • covecove 1,564 Posts
    appreciated!

    he seems like a top-tier individual.

  • pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    you already know

  • bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    About the honourary Brit thing - I will never forget, on a trip many moons ago, walking into a random London rap record store and seeing this guy who I always saw at a Toronto record store standing there....WTF?
    It was a sign of things to come.

    Top shelf human being and one of my most favourite people in Toronto. We don't break bread often enough, but man is always in my heart.




  • Moast dubious poaster!

    Lets drink sometime.

  • Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    MusicaDelAlma said:
    Soulstrut RoyaltyTM

    Dude went out of his way to help me out with something in Toronto, makes hilarious photo posts, adds constant insightful conversation.

    He gets props over here! This is what Soulstrut is all about.

    Hell yes!!! DOR is that dude, period, with the record knowledge, wit, and general good cheer. He's one of the reasons the 'Strut is great. Keep on doin' what you're doin', DOR. You get love over here in Dirty Jerz!!!

    Peace,

    Big Stacks from Kakalak
Sign In or Register to comment.