I made an Album!

BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
edited November 2012 in Strut Central
Hey, sorry to be promoting my own stuff but I think you guys might enjoy. It's 60's, 70's style soul and jazz. I did it all by myself, playing everything keys, bass, guitars percussion ect over drum loops and edited drums. I produced and recorded it too, It's taken along time about 4 years much done in the last year but it's finally done, feels good. Free to listen

Comments

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Beatsoup said:
    Hey, sorry to be promoting my own stuff but I think you guys might enjoy. It's 60's, 70's style soul and jazz. I did it all by myself, playing everything keys, bass, guitars percussion ect over drum loops and edited drums. I produced and recorded it too, It's taken along time about 4 years much done in the last year but it's finally done, feels good. Free to listen

well done, sounds great!

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Beatsoup said:

Dude! Freaking awesome. Mad talent on display.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    Really positive, well played music. Congrats and keep it up.

• cool. pur-chased.

• soulcitizen said:
    cool. pur-chased.

^ Thank you sir and thanks for the words everybody! Really appreciate you guys checking it out.

• Will check this out when I get home! Love projects like this!! Tell us more about the recording process!!

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Sitting outside on my day off...playing chess with some Albanian dude online...and jamming the hell outta this.

Thanks for sharing it with us. It's fitting the mood perfectly over here.

• BeatChemist said:
    Will check this out when I get home! Love projects like this!! Tell us more about the recording process!!

Hey sure, I did it all from my home studio in my bedroom. I went to school for audio engineering and have picked up a lot of nice gear over the years. Mostly analog stuff, 60's amps some nice harmony guitars and a nord keyboard was used a lot. The main reverb on the album was a soundworkshop spring, I recommend it if you can find one. Everything was recorded through an API A2d preamp/ converter too, those are the two most consistent pieces I think, love them both.
    For song writing I would usually start with a chord progression on guitar or keys find a drum beat that works, throw that down and try to get a good melody and bass line going. Work out changes and try to keep it interesting. Some times it doesn't work out, I wrote and started producing twice as many songs as there are on the album. I'll probably use the rest for something else hopefully. Here's a pic that I'm putting in the CD packaging, shows a lot of my gear,
    Attached files

• Wow. Really enjoyed that. Will purchase soon.

• This is some seriously cool shit. Like staxwax said, there's mad talent on display here. And crazy studio setup you got - don't know about what half of the electronic gear is but they look sexy as hell haha

Keep it comin'!

Peace!

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Damn this is beautiful music.

Very much up a favourite pacific highway summer evening steeze, this is set to become a firm part of the Euphoric Strolling canon.

Congrats on achieving brilliance.

• insanely dope, would love to hear this on vinyl

• evolveone said:
    insanely dope, would love to hear this on vinyl

Thanks a lot guys! Feelin the love makes me want to finish some more stuff. I'd love to hear it on vinyl too, I have some plans to maybe make this happen.. It's pretty expensive to do a short run, gonna shop it out to labels or try to get funding.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Good stuff!

• Nice.

You should look for a publishing deal. Make some good cheddar with some placements.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Very nice!

• That's awesome! Kudos on finishing it too, I'm inspired to finally finish my 40 minute, 10 song piece that's taking me forever to finish! Keep on with that, that's bad ass you made that. . .

• this is really good! sharing your work on here is akin to taking a gulp of saltwater to the dome, much respect

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Beatsoup said:
    I bought an Album!

Thx! Good stuff.

• Controller_7 said:
    Nice.

You should look for a publishing deal. Make some good cheddar with some placements.

Hey yeah I've always had this in mind, it's all instrumental stuff so there's some good potential I think. Need to get the ball rolling on that.

That's awesome! Kudos on finishing it too, I'm inspired to finally finish my 40 minute, 10 song piece that's taking me forever to finish! Keep on with that, that's bad ass you made that. . .

Thank you, good luck pulling it together! I found the last stretch to be the hardest. It felt the most like work and not much fun creatively, I some how managed to keep focus tho. Kept reminding myself of how great I thought the songs were in the beginning of the process and that somebody must want to hear them.

Beatsoup said:
    I bought an Album!

Thx! Good stuff.

Thanks so much!

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    I don't post very often - well, at all, really - but had to chime in and say, wow. This is tight. Really like what you've done here.

• ^thanks guys

I now have some CD's at bandcamp and have it up on at some more places if anyone is interested. Rdio coming soon.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/henkel/id585931213

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/henkel6

thanks again