EXPEDIT shelves. frequently asked questions

crashcoursecrashcourse 214 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
how much assembly is required for an expedit shelve? will i be able to get it up the stairs in my small colonial style house? tripping over raers is not a good look. thanks in advance.

Comments

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    It comes dissembled and you can assemble the whole thing by hand. No tools required. I've set mine up and broken it down like 3 or 4 times. It's survived several moves.

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    you need an allen key to assemble. maybe a hammer to put the pegs in (or a mallet).. takes up whatever the cubed measurements of it is to assemble, obviously..

allen key is provided, I was able to shove all the pegs in by hand

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    I was able to shove all the pegs in by hand

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Getting my 1st Expedit after work today, WOOOHOOO!

The black/brown joint is that

• As mentioned, it comes with everything you'll need to put it together. All it will be is a bunch of long flat boxes with shelves and pegs so it won't get in the way of anything, just don't drive out to pick it up in a sports car.

!

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    I just moved and am thinking about one... but I think the smallest is too big for my room.

Anyone know any similar styled alternatives?? I'm sure this has been done to death... but any help is muchly appreciated.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    I just moved and am thinking about one... but I think the smallest is too big for my room.

Anyone know any similar styled alternatives?? I'm sure this has been done to death... but any help is muchly appreciated.

ikea has plenty of smaller alternatives. just go to the store with a record in hand and try them out.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    No joke I had this shelf together in about ten minutes then it took me another two hours to get the last piece on!

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!