Hot Fiyah Rapz over People Saying Stuff

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited November 2012 in Strut Central
Nas's "The Don" has rekindled my love of people rappin over other people saying shit. What are some of your favorites in this subgenre of The Rapz?? ? I'll jog your memories:

New, old whatever. Would like to hear what you guys like.

Comments

• Ghostface over "No, No, No" is a favorite of mine. I love when he incorporates what Dawn Penn is singing into his lyrics.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Herm said:
    Ghostface over "No, No, No" is a favorite of mine. I love when he incorporates what Dawn Penn is singing into his lyrics.
    yeah ghost still got this on lock

wise makes me tear up

• Yeah Ghost is the king of this. Holla and No, No, No are both incredible.

This is a great thread! I'm enjoying the other examples. I'll try to post some more later. I hate trying to cut and paste links when posting from my phone...

There is a whole conversation if you pan this shit.

• Speaking of panning...

b/w

One of the funniest music related moments of my life occurred a couple years ago. I was designated driver for a couple drop dead gorgeous friends of mine. I'm not talking bangin' body-wise, I'm talkin' stunning in the face. Even women do a double-take. Anyways, we were going to grab some post-club grub and they were both tipsy as hell talking their ass off. Both were trying to tell my friend and I some ridiculous story (different stories, not the same) but they were doing so as if they're were the only one talking. Not trying to shout down or interrupt each other either, they were completely oblivious to the fact that their friend was talking at the same time. Of course, the stories were rambling like crazy 'cause of their inebriated state, which made it even more of a clusteryouknowwhat. After a few minutes of this, I turn to my friend and say "Lah-teeeer-ix," just like Asia Born says in the beginning of the song. I shit you not I thought my friend was gonna have a heart attack from laughing so hard. Of course his hysterics caused me to bust into a fit. You would think the ladies would pause up once they noticed how much we were laughing, but nope...they just continued on with their stories, which of course made my boy and I laugh EVEN MORE.

To this day, we bust into giggle fits anytime one of us brings up this song.