Round 2: Opappa Townhall-Style

GatorToofGatorToof 582 Posts
edited October 2012 in Strut Central
Time to get your groceries...

Paper or Plastic?

Comments

• Ok, I'm at a spot and the first one here.

Both of their plans to raise revenue and decrease the national deficit have problems. Like a Rubik's Cube, when something moves up another thing moves down. Also, I am eager to see the difference between a townhall style debate and the previous debate.

Enjoy.

• My nipples chafe easily. Please be gentle.

• BAN

• I think Romney did a fine job. They really turned up the heat for this debate and he kept his cool.

The discussion about China was a good one.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    GatorToof said:
    I think Romney did a fine job. They really turned up the heat for this debate and he kept his cool.

Haha.. I don't think so.

Romney got sonned.

He made a complete fool of himself when he got his facts totally wrong with the Libya terror exchange, and even had to be corrected on his little blunder by Candy Crowley (to the whole audience's applause).

Check the polls.. Obama won. Clear as day.

• Mr_Lee_PHD said:
    GatorToof said:
    I think Romney did a fine job. They really turned up the heat for this debate and he kept his cool.

Haha.. I don't think so.

Romney got sonned.

He made a complete fool of himself when he got his facts totally wrong with the Libya terror exchange, and even had to be corrected on his little blunder by Candy Crowley (to the whole audience's applause).

I could take either, Romney' or Obama's, side of the little Libyan terror incident.

However, let me remind you about the part that you omitted from my post....

China.

Why doesn't Obama ever bring up an initiative to deal with them? Does he think if he doesn't bring it up as a problem it will just go away? That didn't work with the debt.

However, I do think Obama learned something from the first debate because he looked much better last night.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    GatorToof said:
    Mr_Lee_PHD said:
    GatorToof said:

Haha.. I don't think so.

Romney got sonned.

I could take either, Romney' or Obama's, side of the little Libyan terror incident.

However, let me remind you about the part that you omitted from my post....

China.

Why doesn't Obama ever bring up an initiative to deal with them? Does he think if he doesn't bring it up as a problem it will just go away? That didn't work with the debt.

China does not respond well to public threats. Other than accelerating a climate of open hostility I'm not sure how announcing an 'initiative' against China would help. It's a lot easier to talk tough on China without having to negotiate the reality of day to day Sino-US relations. Progress made with China in recent years has mostly come down to trade and diplomacy... shouting in public isn't going to help.

• Increasing public awareness does help.

Last night, I'm response to Romney talking about bring manufacturing jobs back to the US from China with reguard to Candy's question about Apple. Obama said some jobs are gone/we cant bring back. I thought that was an interesting opinion. He then said he wants people in the US to have jobs developing Apps. I totally understand.

Here is my concern. Do you know what kind of Apps people are making? I know they are developing an App that takes food orders. For example at ballparks and resturants you can now order a hamburger or hotdog using a smart phone App. I think that eliminates jobs and is not a solution.

• fuck your thread

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Vintageinfants supports the indefinite detention of this thread.

• too subtle?

• HarveyCanal said:
    Vintageinfants supports the indefinite detention of this thread.

Must not care 100%.

• Just because Obama wasn't the sad, lifeless turd that he was in the first debate, doesn't mean Romney got "sonned". You guys really needed a win here and you're seeing what you want to see.