Yo Rockaledic: $100 on teh election?

4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
edited September 2012 in Strut Central
Alright, i've read your posts. I gave you a chance to change your call. Care to put $100 on it?

I have my reasons, the biggest being I feel like the latina vote (yes you read that correct) is being overlooked. I think Rumney is losing by 6o points or something like that in that sector. You don't want to piss off latinas. just sayin'.

and Fwiw, i figure if i lose, I'll have much bigger problems than losing $100, what with a supreme court seat most likely up for grabs, 4 years of trickle down, etc etc.

so what's up !!!!

also, SS politrolls plaese to stay out of this thread. what with the death threats and all.

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    From his grave, Benjamin Franklin is flying a kite of tears at the prospect of either one of you winning this bet.

• bbbbut mitt comes form a good family!

• :hayek: :hayek: :hayek: :hayek:

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I've said it elsewhere and I may as well say it here; the election looks like it's Obama's to lose.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:

:hayek: :hayek: :hayek: :hayek:

Not sure where these stats are from but did you catch the mistake?

As far as the bet, it's a nice call and I admire you for putting your money where your mouth/heart is, but I'll pass.

I'm not rooting for Romney and I certainly don't want to have a reason to.

Like I said earlier, if I'm wrong I will take all the abuse you guys can throw at me with a smile on my face...losing $100 never puts a smile on my face.

• fair enough. wanted to bring a little lightheartedness back to what has become some very uncomfortable poli threads around here.
    respect!

4YearGraduate said:
    fair enough. wanted to bring a little lightheartedness back to what has become some very uncomfortable poli threads around here.
    respect!

Cool...did you catch the math mistake?

• I don't think there's a math mistake per se, they just didn't list the "neither"/"no opinion" respondents.

what do I win?

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    I don't think there's a math mistake per se, they just didn't list the "neither"/"no opinion" respondents.

what do I win?

Line 2 should be -11 not -9

I work in the science field...I never trust results that have simple addition/subtraction mistakes....and that shit tends to jump out at me.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    I'll take the bet on the proviso you refund it the moment the winner reneges on an election promise

Gitmo-r

Aka

Let's call the whole thing off

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    STOP THE VOTE!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Do Not Click This Link!

Unless of course... You want to.

• DOR said:
    Do Not Click This Link!

#noregrets

• DOR said:
    Do Not Click This Link!

Genius...

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    skel said:
    I'll take the bet on the proviso you refund it the moment the winner reneges on an election promise.

Every politician reneges on election promises, and I've concluded that it's naive of people (myself included) to expect that they never will.

No, it's what they renege on that matters. (Libdem-R)

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    skel said:
    I'll take the bet on the proviso you refund it the moment the winner reneges on an election promise.

Every politician reneges on election promises, and I've concluded that it's naive of people (myself included) to expect that they never will.

No, it's what they renege on that matters. (Libdem-R)

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Imo, every political thread should be equaled out by having the thread author also post a Music-R or R-R thread. Just an opinion, to keep this shit from getting too out of hand between here and November.

Although, I know that (no matter what):

• how is this possibly a fair bet? Maybe offer Rock a $200-$300 payout for taking the other side of the wager.

you've seen the electoral college odds, right? http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    herbacios tweed said:
    how is this possibly a fair bet? Maybe offer Rock a $200-$300 payout for taking the other side of a bet.

you've seen the electoral college odds, right? http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/

uhh.......

In October of '07 I called the 2008 race here for Obama.....today, 5 months before the election I'm calling 2012 for Romney....don't see it ending any other way.

Not supporting it....just predicting it.

• I don't think R**h wants to gamble.

Furthermore, we got a large mob of half-dressed students protesting, occupying, and complaining about how hard the current economic conditions are for them. Events like the pepper spray and shit illustrate the unrest.

Having you (Batmon) saying put your money where your mouth is, along with 4YG, who also mentions Latinas and their votes for Obama blows my mind. Do you really appreciate these students that much?

Kindly yours, GT

Ps. Hope your rib gets better

• Rockadelic said:
    4YearGraduate said:

Still feel good about your pick rock?

Dude is fu**ing disgrace, just when you think things cant get worse.

Please understand one thing....he is not my choice, he is who I think will win.

And yes, now more than ever I think I am right.

nothing to see here guys, the bet is a no go. it was just a friendly wager!

• batmon said:

In October of '07 I called the 2008 race here for Obama.....today, 5 months before the election I'm calling 2012 for Romney....don't see it ending any other way.

Not supporting it....just predicting it.

alright, you caught me. i try to avoid the political, uh, discourse threads here. hadn't seen that. even so, 47 days left vs 5 months. that sort of claim in early June isn't so outrageous., and I don't think anyone could have predicted all the missteps Romney has made. I don't think the intricacies of Rockalogic extend to throwing away money on foolish bets.

• obviously out of my depth on this thread, he still thinks Romney is a lock? :oof:

herbacios tweed said:
    obviously out of my depth on this thread, he still thinks Romney is a lock? :oof:

Dude...if I thought he was a "lock" I'd be taking the bet.....anyone who doesn't see this as incredibly close is not looking.

b/w

I'm also predicting a Texas Rangers World Series victory but only a fool would bet on it.

• yes, the popular vote is incredibly close, as it often is. otherwise..

U dont run up in OTB talmbout "I dont support so and so Horse but im predicting said Horse gonna win", and not have to back it up.

Drunken dude from behind the broken cigarette dispensor responds w/ "U wanna put something on that to back it up!?"

"Nah, im just sayin......what had happened was........"

That's questionable sportsmanship IMO.

Carry on.

batmon said:
    U dont run up in OTB talmbout "I dont support so and so Horse but im predicting said Horse gonna win", and not have to back it up.

Drunken dude from behind the broken cigarette dispensor responds w/ "U wanna put something on that to back it up!?"

"Nah, im just sayin......what had happened was........"

That's questionable sportsmanship IMO.

Carry on.

Dude...this is not a sport or a horse race.....it's even illegal to bet on an election in Vegas.

carry on

• ok, how about a 100$ valued vinyl?

in the words of cigarette machine with the pull handles unshaven guy: "care to make this interesting?"

seriously though, at its best, SS is like a local bar. Fights, collective mourning, politics, music talk, and maybe even a sidebet.
    If my posting shows anything its that i've just tried to keep things interesting around here.

Even if i don't understand it, i respect your decision to not want to back up your conviction on this. you're the only one i would even propose this to. And it is very much a sport and a horse race, considering the threads on here!

i surely don't want this site to turn into a gathering of a bunch of bearded dudes in flannels knitting with cats in thier laps tawmbout bout folk music. this is a bar goddammit. lets act like one.

• Rockadelic said:
    it's even illegal to bet on an election in Vegas.

though not on etrade.

What was the Regional Soda bet made on BITD?