Ask Doc McCoy

13»

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Actually, I'd nominate Thes to be the next "Ask ______" candidate.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    Doc, I know you have dabbled as a bassplayer since time. What are your best/worst memories of your own gigs? Or best/worst as a DJ?

For me, I can't decide between having to soundcheck some jazz fusion material in front of drunk Hells Angels (yes there were flying bottles) or playing a gig on a float, drunk, and falling into the drum kit.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    skel said:
    Many thanks to Doc for playing along with this, seems I and many others were genuinely keen to get that perspective on a wide range of topics.

Bit of a busman's holiday, and dude would normally get paid for dispensing these pearls, but y'know dude's love of the form is so deep he cannot stop himself from giving it away gratis.

And the number of Qs is testament to his standing here.

I doubt there's more than a handful of people worldwide who have the combination of history, horizon, articularity, detailed knowledge, recall, writing skills, insider involvement and willingness to opine that Doc has up in here.

World needs a Mop-style collected works.
    Where's 4YG at?

Hey Skel,

Yep, Doc McCoy is a reservoir of deep knowledge and wit. He's indeed a gem among the Soul Strut massive. I thank you, Doc, for your responses to my questions. Always, I find your posts very enlightening.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    One more Top 5 list: Top 5 UK DJs of all time

• WTF is a Bank Holiday? (cheeky)

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    facesd said:
    WTF is a Bank Holiday? (cheeky)
    It's just a national public holiday for no particular reason.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_holiday