BEATOFF 2: SCORPIOFF, Who Amongst You Is Wo/Man Enough to Throw Down?

Comments

• [del]I'd like to participate/submit a track.[/del]

• doom said:
    im the other way around. all possible directions to go with this is confusing. trying to come up with a concept for the track so i can limit myself...

its so easy to loose perspective on things once youve gone deep into sampling, fx, etc. you start working a day on the attack of the hihat in a fill thats only used once in the song etc.... you get the idea... haha

This. I got a Maschine Mikro about 6 months ago, and one of the things I like the most is that I can work exclusively on the hardware. Once I start using the mouse and keyboard all my productivity goes out the window. I can't focus and end up getting lost in sound design and mixing before I'm even writing a song.

I just figured out a new workflow where I'm using Live to host Maschine, with multiple outs from Maschine to Live, and MIDI being recorded within Live as opposed to using Maschine's 'scene' based sequencing (which is doo doooo). So far I'm really liking it because I feel like I can still bang out beats on the pads, but I have so much ability to edit and sequence more effectively afterwards with the raw midi in Live.

This beat will be the first thing I really finish with the new setup. I plan on trying some new things. It should be fun.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I can't make it this time which sucks because I really wanted to do Scorpio. Looking forward to hearing what people come up with.

• hi, not really new here, just kind of a lurker
    can i jump in this
    figure since it's off the evolution album it is a sign from the gods

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Yeah. Introduce yourself in another thread you start!

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    m_dejean said:
    I can't make it this time which sucks because I really wanted to do Scorpio. Looking forward to hearing what people come up with.

what up chief, thats too bad homie, then again u said the same thing last time and ended up winning the damn thing haha, anyway, time has been tight at my end too this month, taking a couple hours out this weekend to put it down, actually as we speak missing out on a big ass flea (r??dovre centret) but u cant do everything at once, would have enjoyed hearing your take on scorpio though, hope all is well with the little one, peace!

• Off work sick today...

Gonna try to bang one out with the help of some NyQuil... Capital N, small Y, BIG FUCKING Q!!

I've heard music making is better on drugs??!!?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    BeatChemist said:
    Off work sick today...

Gonna try to bang one out with the help of some NyQuil... Capital N, small Y, BIG FUCKING Q!!

I've heard music making is better on drugs??!!?

NyQuil NyQuil NyQuil, we love you, you giant fucking Q!

• And here I was worried that nobody would catch my reference... lol Well played sir.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    scorpio beatoff joint is finished, but where to submit, link to soundcloud scorpio page needed, anyone.. please via pm, thanks

We're getting to the deadline for beats to be completed! I will make the soundcloud shortly. I'm sorry, been busy with RWM.

• I've got to drop out of this one.. I tried but couldn't come up with anything good and I need to work on some other music.

Good luck to you guys!

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Are we gonna be able to download any of the beats from last competition?

cove said:
    I made all of them public. I'm not sure what you mean.

• I got my beat done, can't wait to hear the rest of them

I sent out a PM to everyone about uploading your tracks. If you didn't receive it, please let me know.

BEATS DUE 10/15, 11:59 PM PST!!

Please send a PM to me identifying what the name of your track is on the soundcloud!
    LET'S GET THOSE TRACKS UP BITCHES!

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    The_Non said:
    cove said:

This is on soundcloud how do I find it?

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    I'm respectfully bowing out of this one. I started something but am not going to have time to finish it.

• soupsoup 69 Posts
    I had a lot of fun last time and was hoping to find time to do something this time around but work has been keeping me too busy so I'm going to have to fold as well. I'm looking forward to hearing what cats come up with.

Don't say die foos, I am prolly gonna have to extend the deadline because of low amt of submissions so far!

• I'll be submitting one by the deadline! Was away in Houston last week but I've got some time between now and Wednesday and plan on getting it in - fully completed or not!!

I know this one has no holy grail significance... but I'd hate to see this fizzle out! Don't let it die! Beat it off!!!!

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    sweatshop said:
    The_Non said:
    cove said:

sweatshop said:
    sweatshop said:
    The_Non said:
    cove said:

http://soundcloud.com/mardigrasbeatcomp

These beats are due in 2 days motherbatches!

I extended the deadline to 10/15, giving slackerz a weekend to finish thangs up! Get after it!!!

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    editing my

Ends in a few days! Anyone who hasn't pm'd me their track title they uploaded, please do so!!!!

Deadline for submission is tomorrow night. Get those beats in foos!

Beats due tonight foos!