Options

What are you eating?

edited August 2012 in Strut Central
I am eating tuna fish sandwiches, romain lettuce, and sweet cherries. I've got some sunflower seeds, little wheat squares (wheat thins), blueberries, Giant Hersey's Special Dark bars (eat 1/4 a day), and low fat milk.

I would buy some tomatoes because they are in season here, however; I heard that the Solenacea (sp?) plant family causes inflammation of the joints. Tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants, and pepper are all Solenacea. Have you heard the same?

My joints are fine but they were sore yesterday because I rode my bike for an hour. I don't know why I didn't just ride for a half of an hour.

Comments

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    ate some cashews this morning with my butterscotch pudding, just had a huge chicken caesar salad for lunch, my regular Snickers Bar for the day, sipped on some iced "Mango Madness" davids tea right now..

its another DAMN hot day on the canadian east coast

• BearClaw said:
    I am eating tuna fish sandwiches, romain lettuce, and sweet cherries. I've got some sunflower seeds, little wheat squares (wheat thins), blueberries, Giant Hersey's Special Dark bars (eat 1/4 a day), and low fat milk.

I would buy some tomatoes because they are in season here, however; I heard that the Solenacea (sp?) plant family causes inflammation of the joints. Tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants, and pepper are all Solenacea. Have you heard the same?

My joints are fine but they were sore yesterday because I rode my bike for an hour. I don't know why I didn't just ride for a half of an hour.

GET A MOTHERFUCKING BLOG, PLEASE.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Great Blue Heron, where is that vid clip?

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    BearClaw said:

GET A MOTHERFUCKING BLOG, PLEASE.

dude is crazy.....

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    BearClaw said:

Apparently people with arthritis are told to try and avoid all plants from the Nightshade (solonaaaa ^^^). I just heard of this last week.

• Options
    sweatshop said:

dude is crazy.....but fun

Green beans

Steamed, then I put a little butter in the bottom of the pan, a pinch of dill, and stir them.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    BearClaw said:
    sweatshop said:

dude is crazy.....but fun

Green beans

Steamed, then I put a little butter in the bottom of the pan, a pinch of dill, and stir them.

BAN

• Options
    Oh come on...

Can't post about old records, can't post about food I like, and can't argue in the 'you didn't build that thread.'

Stupid fascist Parallax doesn't want me too.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Copped a steamer recently and my veggie game has changed.

And i dont boil my crabs and lobster no more.

Copped some precut mango and a handfull of white peaches.
    Tossed them with some Ghost Pepper hot sauce and had them for lunch along with some leftover Buffalo Wings.

Pickling a gang of habaneros for some homeade hot vinegar sauce and shit.

Manned the grill at my buddies kid's bday party.
    Rocked some clams, steak, corn, coffee rubbed chicken, and some Columbian style ribs.

Copped some baby eggplants and kinda stuck on what how to rock them shits. Roast or wok or rattatoule.......

Made some crab stock and gonna make a Gumbo this weekend.

• Options
    Make sure to turn red meat, especially pork, frequently when grilling so it doesn't get charred. And, get plenty of fiber to keep your heart healthy.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    BearClaw said:
    Oh come on...

Can't post about old records, can't post about food I like, and can't argue in the 'you didn't build that thread.'

Edited:

You're obviously baiting with some of the absolutely retarded things you've posted in this worthless thread (pork is red meat, you rode your bike and maybe have arthritis, make sure to get your fiber! blah blah blah). You got my attention--congrats, lilmonstu!

Pieces of shit like you spring up from time to time and try to bring this board down with non sequiturs or completely irrelevant/blog-type posts because your life is pathetic and you want to assign your misery on others. Or perhaps, you are simply a moron. In either case, I have hit the ignore function and flushed you down the toilet.

• breakfast for dinner. best meal of the week.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Hot Beef now being served in the 'What are you eating?' thread!!!! Come and get it!!

b/w

Copped some precut mango and a handfull of white peaches. Tossed them with some Ghost Pepper hot sauce and had them for lunch along with some leftover Buffalo Wings.
    That sounds great! Never would have thought of it!

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts

Green beans

don't forget the garlic

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    I just ate at the Hintonburger , yum

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I'm cooking ravioli with some homemade sauce made of diced tomatoes, bacon, heavy cream

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    BeatChemist said:
    Hot Beef now being served in the 'What are you eating?' thread!!!! Come and get it!!

b/w

Copped some precut mango and a handfull of white peaches. Tossed them with some Ghost Pepper hot sauce and had them for lunch along with some leftover Buffalo Wings.
    That sounds great! Never would have thought of it!

The local ladies sell mango and give you the choice of hot sauce which is usually just your standard Latin joint.
    John Brown's Smokehouse sells a Ghost Pepper BBQ sauce that in opted to squirt instead.

Fuckin yummy.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    batmon said:

Fuckin yummy.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    steaming lobster ftw
    i've always done it that way
    tandoori or cumin in the lemonbutter is a great alternative to the classic herbs/garlic
    i just roasted eggplant and am still more satisfied with the wok
    ratatouille is where i find the taste shines the most but a mean coucous sauce is more fun imo

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    Great Blue Heron, where is that vid clip?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    BearClaw said:
    Oh come on...

• Options
    Ok DB_C.

On the topic of steaming...spinach.

Put the remainders in a dish and freeze them for a night when you don't want to cook.

And, I have heard that if you eat too much steamed spinach you can get a kidney stone. Has anyone heard the same?

Don't know about spinach, but if you eat kale more than once a week you can go blind. FACT.

• Options
    LaserWolf said:
    Don't know about spinach, but if you eat kale more than once a week you can go blind. FACT.

Are you sure that is a fact? Who told you that?

I thought that kale is even better for your vision than carrots due to it's high level of lutein. Lutein is believed to help prevent macular degeneration.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    BearClaw said:
    LaserWolf said:

Are you sure that is a fact? Who told you that?

I thought that kale is even better for your vision than carrots due to it's high level of lutein. Lutein is believed to help prevent macular degeneration.

No, no kale is terrible for your eyes.

You can also use motor oil to fertilize your lawn.

Well maybe.
    But I heard that potatoes will give you diverticulitis.

• Options
    Did you have a colonoscopy recently or something?

You won't be making all those jokes if you have to get 18 inches of your colon removed because of a flaxseed or popcorn kernel.

Participated in a rice eating study today. Recieved a $10 gift card to target.

BearClaw said:
    +

You won't be making all those jokes if you have to get 18 inches of your colon removed because of a flaxseed or popcorn kernel.

Participated in a rice eating study today. Recieved a $10 gift card to target.

This stuff is like some kinda zen poetry.

• Options
    That's righ folks, you heard it here first.

Don't eat burned meat, processed food, high in fat, potatoes, rice (even if they try to entice you $10 gift cards), gluten, or anything too starchy and devoid of fiber.

That goes especially for Bearclaws, too.

Insert picture below.