moving

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited July 2012 in Strut Central
major catharsis

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    word

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I'm moving to a space about half the size of my current spot.

Looking forward to purging shit I don't need.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Moves can bring about great change.

I'm moving in sept. Cutting my rent in half, but having housemates again. They're both musicians, and already have a solid vinyl collection though... so I see no downsides.

I honestly want to see if, this move, I can manage to get down to stuff that I have used within one year. Anything sitting around for a year unused might as well be un-had. Minimalism.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Moving makes you feel every record. Unless you hire movers.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    waxjunky said:
    Moving makes you feel every record. Unless you hire movers.

And I don't trust movers, so I'm moving every single record. My girl has pitched in and carried a few crates--now that's love right there.

• DawhudDawhud 213 Posts
    I got these HUGE tubs with wheels from Ikea. (plumplenklorpin whatever the phawk) Anyway, you can put a couple hundred records in them and it's a lot easier to move. Did that when I moved from 206 to 317 and back to the PNW.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    BeatChemist said:
    but having housemates again.............. Minimalism.

:micro:

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    We just moved and I put all of my vinyl into storage for 4 years (maybe longer) except for a small 100 count play-out box of 45s... I love making drastic changes whenever I'm moving. I also decided to not get internet access at our new house. For now I'm still online because we're staying at a hotel until the containers with the cars and furniture etc get here but once we move into the new house I'm going to be completely off the grid.

• Options
    Avoid double moving.

:hello: