7 steps for better listening Mix

finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
edited June 2012 in Strut Central
The strutter sebo aka sellout postet this in the "real hedz" section and I guess over there it wont get the attention it deserves. Maybe he was too humble to post it here. This is a true labour of love and completly blew my mind. Not at least It deseves to be postet here, because it contains shoutouts from certain strutters.
I can't spot much in this mix, I wonder if you recognize more.
FlowOne and SeboSellout, record collector, dj and producer duo from Nuremberg / Germany is proud to present you their first mixtape ???Seven steps for better listening???.

A more than 75 minutes mayhem of breaks, loops, drums and samples from all over the world, mixed and edited, chopped and looped, cut and pasted. Obscure sounds and rare classics combined with ill scratches, drum edits and modern multitrack recording are providing the prefect mixture for better listening.

I hope you enjoy as much as we did, have fun, sit back and relax with the ???Seven steps for better listening???.

FowOne and SeboSellout

Comments

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    amazing mix, thanks for sharing it here aswell

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    so sick. download?

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts

• calkutacalkuta 160 Posts
    so good!

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Nice to hear some work put into a mix. This is good, just my cup of tea.

• CraigCraig 269 Posts
    So glad you bumped this mix into this section as I would have missed it!!!!

Awesome mix downloading now.

:face_melt:

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    does anyone recognize anything in this mix? I don't and I thought I knew a fair bit about records. Obviously not...

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    I just made it a few minutes into this mix to make sure I like and I should download it. The only thing I recognized was a library jam by the Kenny Bird Orchestra on Altaxon Records.

I found this one when I googled the lyrics:

Thank god they left out the guitar and used just the beginning.

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    awesome!

• resusresus 2 Posts
    Aight, great mix mates. A pleasure listening.

• finelikewine said:
    does anyone recognize anything in this mix? I don't and I thought I knew a fair bit about records. Obviously not...
    @ 1:20

• finelikewine said:
    @8:35

• @35:08

• @39:45

• @41:05

• @49:25

• First track includes dialogue from "Diner" where Steve Guttenburg ? gets bent out of shape with how his records are organised..."It's only music..."

• @59:15

• @1:03:40

• @1:11:15

• That german choir thing at the end sounds like something the Peter Janssens Ensemble would do. Oh, and this was also somewhere at the end:

@1:10:04

Knut Kiesewetter, Chor Der Neanderkirche D??sseldorf, Edelhagen-All-Star-Combo - Hilf, Herr Meines Lebens

Didn't know so far there's an LP version of this. Have it on 45.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    I skimmed briefly while at work. There's one in there by Gary Pacific Orchestra - Stop Your Fever. Might have a thorough listen later. Lots of tracks I don't know.

Kindly,
    parallax

@45:00

Annette Peacock - Pony

@56:23

Club "Intim 6" Mit Dem Orchester Dr. Fummel - F??r Andr?? tu ich alles

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Based on the first 30 seconds of the intro, and only two of the spotted songs posted above, I can tell this is going to be fucking great. Thank you for making and sharing it!

The talent + records of the people who post on this board have always astounded me.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    :face_melt: