Seattle (What's really real?)

2»

Comments

• Indi_Lbl_HE@T said:

A few clean upgrades for my Cotique collection, some Mexican and Central American funk LPs, and a few fillers for my Discos Corona label run quest. It broke my heart to pass on the $20 VG- copy of Manhattan Latin on the wall. Any one got a clean copy for me? All in all happy to leave the store with all that stuff for less than $50. I'd love to be able to scour that place from top to bottom on a regular basis.
    :oh_snap: I need to head over there, looks like one of the dealers recently got some sick shit in. Hopefully you left some good stuff for the locals!

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    bobtheorange said:
    Indi_Lbl_HE@T said:

A few clean upgrades for my Cotique collection, some Mexican and Central American funk LPs, and a few fillers for my Discos Corona label run quest. It broke my heart to pass on the $20 VG- copy of Manhattan Latin on the wall. Any one got a clean copy for me? All in all happy to leave the store with all that stuff for less than $50. I'd love to be able to scour that place from top to bottom on a regular basis.
    :oh_snap: I need to head over there, looks like one of the dealers recently got some sick shit in. Hopefully you left some good stuff for the locals!

There was also a nice copy of this for $50:

http://collectorsfrenzy.com/Details.aspx?id=370378310749

• mr.brettmr.brett 678 Posts
    Big_Chan said:
    mr.brett said:
    Big_Chan said:

La Carta de Oaxaca
    5431 Ballard Ave NW
    Seattle, WA 98107
    (206) 782-8722

Loved this place when I visited a couple months ago.

By the way, I'm moving to Seattle in about two weeks. Wife and I are renting a place in Eastlake.

Any recommendations on good multi-genre dj nights? I'm looking to make connections with some dj's that play at chill lounge spots.

Plaese to explain "multi-genre" how "multi" are you talking? LOL

Any mix of hip-hop, r&b, funk/soul, disco, downtempo, and the deeper end of house. I'm less concerned about the styles than the appropriateness of the music... like no fist pumping house or dubstep at a place where people are sitting back and enjoying a cocktail. I don't know any DJs out there, so I'm just looking for places to check out and DJs to meet.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    mr.brett said:
    Big_Chan said:
    mr.brett said:
    Big_Chan said:

La Carta de Oaxaca
    5431 Ballard Ave NW
    Seattle, WA 98107
    (206) 782-8722

Loved this place when I visited a couple months ago.

By the way, I'm moving to Seattle in about two weeks. Wife and I are renting a place in Eastlake.

Any recommendations on good multi-genre dj nights? I'm looking to make connections with some dj's that play at chill lounge spots.

Plaese to explain "multi-genre" how "multi" are you talking? LOL

Any mix of hip-hop, r&b, funk/soul, disco, downtempo, and the deeper end of house. I'm less concerned about the styles than the appropriateness of the music... like no fist pumping house or dubstep at a place where people are sitting back and enjoying a cocktail. I don't know any DJs out there, so I'm just looking for places to check out and DJs to meet.

The Woods is the best place in Seattle to chill and see cool DJs play everything you mentioned. https://www.facebook.com/danceinthewoods

• mr.brettmr.brett 678 Posts
    Thanks Big Chan. You play anywhere in Seattle?

mr.brett said:
    Thanks Big Chan. You play anywhere in Seattle?

I play records in my living room with a glass of Scotch while broads dance on top of the coffee table. I don't play out in any clubs.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    I'm gonna be up there tomorrow night for work, with no one in tow.

Any one wants to get a drink or dinner, hit me on the PMs. Chan, I'm staring right now at your sushi guy, thinking that might be the spot.

This is probably trip #1 of a few to come, so let's get down.

Things to know about me: I like to eat and drink. I like to drink clear liquors sometimes, brown liquors at other times. I love food, and will eat almost anything if it is good.

Indi_Lbl_HE@T said:
    cpeetz said:
    Big_Chan said:
    Indi_Lbl_HE@T said:
    Chan coming through! Thanks, looks like we'll be hitting up a number of those spots, then.

Can't wait to check this city out. If anyone knows any dealers with good Latin stuff, please PM and put me in touch.

I don't know any dealers here in town with lots of Latin stuff. Christian, you know any?

I don't. Wish I did. Latin records are few and far between round these parts...
    Good ones anyways.

Noticed that. On the drive up, I made a whirlwind detour to Crossroads in Portland and picked up some solid Latin titles, but Sea Town has been dry so far.

Also, Chan: Hue Ky Mi Gia was great! Will be using your list for the rest of the trip no doubt.

I took Bob James to lunch at Hue Ky Mi Gia this past Friday. He loved it!