WELCOME TO MY WORLD

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited May 2012 in Strut Central
HI MR DJ

Music is my favourite thing in the whole entire world. I'm sure you're quite a fan yourself, being a DJ. I'm sure you've got your own mix organised and have your own thing going on. I'll be celebrating my birthday this Saturday and would really love if you could play any of the following:

Stevie Wonder - Isn't She Lovely, For Once In My Life - ANY Stevie Wonder! My favourite in the whole world!
Beyonce - Love on Top, Irreplaceable
Usher - Climax
Jay Z & Kanye West - Otis, Made In America
Estelle Feat. Kanye West - American Boy
Drake - HYFR, Take Care, The Motto
Azeallia Banks- L8R
Rihanna - We Found Love, What's My Name
Jazmine Sullivan - Bust Your Windows
Craig David - Fill Me In, 7 Days
Jay Z+Alicia Keys - Empire State Of Mind
Cris Cab - Put In Work
Jessie J - Domino
Cee Lo Green - Fuck You
Aloe Blacc - I Need A Dollar
Janet Jackson - Together Again
Kings Of Leon - Use Somebody, Sex On Fire
Matt Corby - Brother

Bolded are my favourites out of favourites. I'd be an ecstatic birthday girl if you could play any of these songs. Obviously you're the DJ and the music is your job but as I mentioned, it is my favourite thing in the world and music has the potential to make or break my night.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Comments

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    As requests go... that list really isn't THAT bad...

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    break my night.

break my night.

break my night.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    A fiver says sheep played a few and got Teh blap of gratitude.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    DJBombjack said:

yes it is.

I have never understood people who request shit you can hear on the radio 29 times a day.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    BREAK HER NIGHT.

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    DJBombjack said:

yes it is.

I have never understood people who request shit you can hear on the radio 29 times a day.

That's exactly why I dj here anymore. I never understood people who wanted to hear the same shit all day and hear it again at the club when they go out in th eevenings.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

• BallzDeepBallzDeep 612 Posts
    Soooo a girl wants to hear some of her favorite songs for her birthday...
    I don't see what the problem is.

What did you expect? Amon Duul?

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Amon Duul has breaks yo!

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Fill that filly up with Philly son yo

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
    magnetic said:
    Ah, you beat me to it. I just saw this image (without the caption) on Facebook.

• That is about the nicest request I've ever heard. At least she's not drunk, being a pain in the ass, at the club in the dj booth.
    If you own any of those records or have them on your computer and it doesn't completely clash with the rest of your set, why not? Why have them?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The main reason I'm not a DJ is that no one on earth is interested in paying me money to play music that only I want to hear.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    BallzDeep said:
    Soooo a girl wants to hear some of her favorite songs for her birthday...
    I don't see what the problem is.

She forgot to read the "DJs are not jukeboxes, but they are gods" manual.

The reason I like to hear songs in the club even though I hear them all the time at home off my own records or on the radio is because I don't have everyday access to a club sound system nor am I in a dark room with cool lighting and seven bass bins, surrounded by my friends where we get to wild out and dance and laugh and have a generally good time to our favourite songs.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    bassie said:

The reason I like to hear songs in the club even though I hear them all the time at home off my own records or on the radio is because I don't have everyday access to a club sound system nor am I in a dark room with cool lighting and seven bass bins, surrounded by my friends where we get to wild out and dance and laugh and have a generally good time to our favourite songs.

haha, I know, I thought this was understood, but this thread suggests otherwise.

I understand the "DJ night" dudes getting salty when people wanna hear FIFTYCENTTHEBIRTHDAYSONG at the monthly "mod-a-go-go' ... or dudes who are on some DJ YOURNAMEHERE shit where people are coming on the strength of the DJ by name and the DJ is performing *beyond request level* - which I suspect DJ Sheep is, and therefore would have legit annoyance cred - but to not understand why most people who like radio rap want to hear it in the club and dance to it outside of their cubicle suggests a distinct likelihood of not knowing how to party.

• TheKindCromangTheKindCromang 1,463 Posts
    magnetic said:

what's going on here? This lady's trying to hand him something.... a cassette?

• BallzDeepBallzDeep 612 Posts
    The worst is when a drunk broad requests something that happens to be on at the same time.
    Like requesting something funky during a JB track.
    Or requesting something by Stevie Wonder during "As".

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    soul strut is a m??bius loop

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    "The reason I like to hear songs in the club even though I hear them all the time at home off my own records or on the radio is because I don't have everyday access to a club sound system nor am I in a dark room with cool lighting and seven bass bins, surrounded by my friends where we get to wild out and dance and laugh and have a generally good time to our favourite songs."

I can see this view and I even agree with it to an extent, but I've never heard an average club goer standing in line talking about the sound system. They only want to hear what they pulled up to the club listening to, albeit much louder.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    DOR said:

Ha, I like the karate dude that just gave blood.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    ^ Hilarious

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts

There are tshirts available

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    djsheep said:
    next thing you know there's a line to the DJ box like at KFC waitin' for chicken tryin' to make requests.

^^^ i've been seeing this happen quite a bit lately. horrible.

and seriously, gtfooh with this 15 song playlist written on a napkin. what the hell is wrong with people these days?

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    My new way to deal with these kind of problems is letting people make their request on a microphone for the whole room to hear. As long as you have the a dancing crowd on your side, they will make that requester deeply regret having asked for Rihanna and this will hopefully keep all the other Birthday-Beckis from doing the same.