Supreme Court: Obamacare & AZ Immigration Law (NRR)

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited April 2012 in Strut Central
Looks like one will be overturned and one won't be.

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Looks like one will be overturned and one won't be.

I'm on the edge of my seat wondering how Scalia, and therefore Thomas, will vote!

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    How could any normal person not want Obamacare , outside of the US [ in the western world] its just unbelivable that it doesnt exist, bloody shameful, should have happened years ago, join the caring human world America

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    How could any normal person not want Obamacare , outside of the US [ in the western world] its just unbelivable that it doesnt exist, bloody shameful, should have happened years ago, join the caring human world America

This is America. That's not how we roll.

• gazgaz 232 Posts

This is America. We only think of ourselves

Seems Republicans think that way

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I don't want anything with Obama's punk ass stamp of approval on it.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Truth.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I am curious to know what percentage of the people who support Obamacare realize that under it, Americans will be required to buy government-approved, private health insurance or else pay a penalty and how many just think they will be getting something for free?

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts

Yes! America loves freeloaders, that's why the GOP and Tea Partiers hate "Obamacare".

Rockadelic said:
    I am curious to know what percentage of the people who support Obamacare realize that under it, Americans will be required to buy government-approved, private health insurance or else pay a penalty and how many just think they will be getting something for free?

A better question is: How many people know the cost of the penalty, and where the funds raised will go? And even better one is: How many people know that there is an economic hardship exemption, which means means that only the truly cheap, freeloaders of this country would be required to pay the so-called penalty?

Bon Vivant said:
    Rockadelic said:

A better question is: How many people know the cost of the penalty, and where the funds raised will go? And even better one is: How many people know that there is an economic hardship exemption, which means means that only the truly cheap, freeloaders of this country would be required to pay the so-called penalty?

Or stated another way; How many Americans Know that only a few Americans will be required to buy government-approved, private health insurance or else pay a penalty?

One of the numbers of uninsured Americans that is thrown around frequently is 46 million.

In your estimation what % of that number will be mandated to buy Insurance under Obamacare?

If you disagree with that uninsured number please give me a more accurate one while answering the same question.

I have heard the 46mil #.
    I have never heard a number for how many people will be mandated to buy insurance.
    I have nothing to base an opinion on what that number would be.

Yet daily I read in the press that all Americans would be mandated to buy insurance.
    Sloppy reporting.

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

Without doubt the best president your country's had in the last 50 years no question name a better one or better still name me a current alternative or are you just another tea drinker

LaserWolf said:
    I have heard the 46mil #.
    I have never heard a number for how many people will be mandated to buy insurance.
    I have nothing to base an opinion on what that number would be.

Huh?...So then what did you base your below comment on?

LaserWolf said:
    Or stated another way; How many Americans Know that only a few Americans will be required to buy government-approved, private health insurance or else pay a penalty?

gaz said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Without doubt the best president your country's had in the last 50 years no question name a better one or better still name me a current alternative

HELL NO on Obama being anything but TRASH. And to answer your questions: JFK and Ron Paul.

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    gaz said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Without doubt the best president your country's had in the last 50 years no question name a better one or better still name me a current alternative

HELL NO on Obama being anything but TRASH. And to answer your questions: JFK and Ron Paul.

JFK was over 50 years ago , just shows how long since youve had a decent president , why do you think he's trash in respect to wanting healthcare for all incl the poor pray tell

Right, every president since JFK has been of equal trash value...by design. That was the whole point of the JFK assassination...to never again risk having a president who would dare to challenge the hidden agenda. And while on the surface Obama appears to be Mr. Nice Guy, he's basically Bush all over again by way of his blatant war-mongering, his brazen deterioration of our civl rights, and his blind dedication to his banker masters. He's basically a lying front man for a criminal operation and he deserves no props whatsoever no matter how nice a smile he dons.

Oh and on health care...he's trash for PRETENDING to want to provide health care for the poor and common man when instead he's just building the bureacracy to permanently line the pockets of his criminal buddies.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    And he eats Lassie for dinner!!!!

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    bassie said:

hahaha not, at least Harvey gave me his opinion if you cant illiterate dont speak

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    gaz said:
    bassie said:

wow that was intelligent at least Harvey gave me his opinion if you cant illiterate dont speak

lol - OK, I will neither illiterate nor speak.

bassie said:
    gaz said:
    bassie said:

wow that was intelligent at least Harvey gave me his opinion if you cant illiterate dont speak

Some of us knew what you meant.

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    bassie said:
    gaz said:
    bassie said:

lol illiterate

LaserWolf said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    Rockadelic said:

That's a great way to put it! Most people obtain health insurance from their employer as a benefit. Very few people (relatively speaking) purchase it on their own. This law serves the purpose requiring those that refuse to purchase insurance, which they still can under the law, to pay a small amount of money to help cover medical services they may use, so the rest of us don't have pay the entire amount.

• bigchalzbigchalz 220 Posts
    the main issue here is that he still wants to kill grandma.

this is our concern dude.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    harvey, since when was jfk a peacnik?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The legal experts I've heard so far seem to agree that Obamacare will be overturned. It's simply not in the power of the government to mandate people's economic choices as the health care plan requires. i.e. saying that everyone has to buy into a health care plan.

Rock, I don't know the number of people who are expected to have to buy a health care plan either, but from what I remember they said that most of the poor who are in that category will get an exemption, and the major group will be young healthy people who do not have insurance through their parents or job, which is supposedly a relatively small amount of people.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    American Public Radio's Marketplace show which is heard on my local NPR station had a great series of reports on Obamacare and the Supreme Court case recently.

tripledouble said:
    harvey, since when was jfk a peacnik?

Wouldn't call him a peacenik. But he was trying to shut down the CIA.

I'm not sure many people truly understand all the ins and outs of Obamacare but I have a question that I am hoping someone here can answer.

I have a friend, a record dealer that some of you may even know, in Houston, Texas who had a stroke a little over a year ago.

He had no insurance and no bank account and received treatment and hospitalization through the local public hospital.

After a couple of months of medical treatment he was placed in a Nursing Home/Care Center where he remains today.

Unfortunately it does not appear that he's made any great improvement and I'm not certain of the level of therapy he has continued to receive.

But the bottom line is he did receive what appeared to be decent, and free(to him) medical treatment and I would really like to know how it would be different, for him, under Obamacare?

Would he receive better care? Would the taxpayer's bill for his care be cheaper?

When I hear folks criticize the U.S. for not being humanitarian and taking care of the health care of it's poor and indigent I think of this friend and woner what he's missing out on?