funkyou! / funkyousounds

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited April 2012 in Strut Central

Comments

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    I've bought from Jason for over 10 yrs, always happy though vg+ seems to have a wide margin at times. Nice guy, sold to him too with no issues also.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Did you give him a chance to refund your money or work out another solution before leaving the negative feedback?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Horseleech said:

This....
    "We cannot authenticate this copy but here are the details for you to decide"

And this just below the above.....
    "All records are vintage pressings. We do not sell any bootlegs or reissues"

This dude has recently come to Dallas after doing a mail-out to targeted neighborhoods......don't think he did real well and he's got to have some above average overhead to cover.

• funkhim!

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

This dude has recently come to Dallas after doing a mail-out to targeted neighborhoods......don't think he did real well and he's got to have some above average overhead to cover.

this is his usual mo, isn't it? seems to work pretty well for him. how do you know he didn't do well this time?

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    djsheep said:
    billbradley said:
    Did you give him a chance to refund your money or work out another solution before leaving the negative feedback?

Definitely. I basically told homie that the record was useless to me and would cost me $22 to send back to him, and I was willing to pay the postage on it, and just call it a loss if he refunded me the money for the actual record. He refused and insisted I sent him back the record then he would refund me, something that I just don't have the time to do. So he said he would give me 50% back, I was cool until he came up short a few bucks on some shady shit... then I read his grading on his site... then I was like, you know what, fuck this shit, people need to know about shit seller. And that "Spacing Out" scam right there is SHADY as fuck. Homedude knows the deal and is just taking people for suckers.

It ain't like he didn't know there was a scratch on my joint.

I also won a MINT "Danger Zone" 7" off him. Let's see how that one turns up.

B

I figured as much but was curious anyway. I thought maybe it was an oversight on his part due to the fact that he's moving so many records and he'd be able to sort something out. I don't understand why people go to him and pay top dollar when he's treating customers like that. *shrug*

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Not standing up for the dude, but if you're gonna buy "vg - " records on the internet you gotta expect some disappointment.

SoulOnIce said:
    Not standing up for the dude, but if you're gonna buy "vg - " records on the internet you gotta expect some disappointment.

Right, but the record in question wasn't graded VG- (when it should have been).

Oops never mind. I misread.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    didn't he say it was graded "VG/VG-?" and that he also bought a VG- Symphonic Four from the same seller?

anyway, I'm not looking to argue about it, seems like FY didn't come correct no matter what - I just know from experience that I have stopped buying pretty much anything graded VG or lower online unless it is a too raer/cheap to pass up, and in that case I generally expect the worst.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    "Record Condition: VG-/VG (Drill Hole)

Cover Condition: VG+ In Shrink (Drill Hole)"

If you buy anything below VG++ it's pushing it. VG- is pretty clear it's not gonna be a nice copy & on top you got almost 50 % discount. I don't understand what the big deal is.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    ost said:

If you buy anything below VG++ it's pushing it. VG- is pretty clear it's not gonna be a nice copy & on top you got almost 50 % discount. I don't understand what the big deal is.
    agreed.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    holmes said:
    ost said:

agreed.

3rded. No offense Sheep but dude, VG- to me says "there's gonna be some fucked sound on here."

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    True. But I'm more than a little surprised that someone at his level (thousand piece list a week/viking invasion conquering of foreign lands) is even dicking around with this ship it back shit on (what I'm assuming) is probably a sub-$50 purchase.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    hcrink said:
    True. But I'm more than a little surprised

If I'm doing the scorched earth thing across many zip codes, I'd have to hope to come up with something better than VG- skipping whatever WOF95 grail steez. I mean, whatever, get your money, but...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Yeah, VG- is no man's land, bruh.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Sheep, surprised you ever bought a record from this dude. All the little dudes seem to get in all sorts of bidding wars with medium rares over at powersellers like him and others. Ain't worth the time or funds imo.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    djsheep said:
    LoopDreams said:
    I've bought from Jason for over 10 yrs, always happy though vg+ seems to have a wide margin at times. Nice guy, sold to him too with no issues also.

Yeah, I just left him negative feedback. It's like a VG/VG- copy of Ray Bryant, Up Above the Rock should NOT have a DEEP scratch right across the track, that skips for the 2nd half of the song and the first half sounds like someone used it in a block party for 20 years back in the 80's?
    B

Records with skips are not VG, they are not VG-, they are not G, They are not G-.
    They are POOR, which some dealers call FAIR.

A big problem with this hobby is poor grading.
    Another problem is poor customer service.

I am with Sheep 100%. Item was over graded and the seller should have taken responsibility.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    What, no :hayek: yet ???

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    LoopDreams said:

Honestly, it's not that tricky. It's easy to tell the OG from the subsequent boots.

There's no 'controversy', despite what that listing says.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    True, but anyone that lists it comes off as sounding like a douche. It's kinda funny actually.

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    Indi_Lbl_HE@T said:
    What, no :hayek: yet ???

that would be epic. i bet some lurkers would even sign up to rant on that thread.