Is This The End For Kanye???

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Well, he seems to be acheiving what he wanted, to create a buzz about his new album. But has his decision to damn near out himself really destroyed his career in the long run? I'm already hearing a LOT of jokes in the hood about "Kan-ghey" (I think coselmed started this, I'm not sure)... what y'all think, is there gonna be a big backlash now that he's openly standing up for homosexuals ? Even though Hip Hop is probably rife with in-the-closet gay dudes, this is like the first time a big name rapper has taken such a stance. "Just because I like pastels doesn't make me gay, fam"

Comments

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

• dayday 9,611 Posts

wow does thinking that looks cray cray make me gay?

• Kanye's imminent coming out is gonna make it cool to be gay in the world of hip-hop.

The way everyone here seems to ride Kanye, it'll be interesting to see how many of you jump on the band-wagon and make the switch.

"...My man Nigo has feathers for fingers."

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

I'd tap.

Kidding.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Where did this idea start? Kanye is gay or he stands up for gays in his lyrics or both?

• BlightyBlighty 225 Posts
    I'm already hearing a LOT of jokes in the hood about "Kan-ghey"

You can't mess with that level of intellect. Good job he didn't stand up against racism or god knows what people would start calling him.

Where did this idea start? Kanye is gay or he stands up for gays in his lyrics or both?

He said in an interview that people shouldn't use the term 'gay' in a derogatory way. He said he used to be a homophobe but then he discovered he had a gay cousin and that changed his viewpoint.

• CaMKIIaCaMKIIa 269 Posts
    just because he's not fag-bashing doesn't mean he's himself...i don't see him "coming out" any time soon, but if he does, duet with george michaels plz.

• [Q]"YEAH... I GUESS THEY WOULD MAKE A FABULOUS COUPLE... WAIT WHO'S THAT GIRL?"[/Q]

• [Q]"YEAH... I GUESS THEY WOULD MAKE A FABULOUS COUPLE... WAIT WHO'S THAT GIRL?"[/Q]
    her name is MIRI BEN-ARI she's a violin player and a fine tender roni. peace, stein. . .

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Wait.

He's Gay?

Is this for real?

Did he officially come out of the closet (No kells)?

Please download me. ?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

a fine tender roni.

cosign. what it do.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Wait.

He's Gay?

Is this for real?

Did he officially come out of the closet (No kells)?

Please download me. ?

No, he's just been publicly calling for an end to homophobia in Hip Hop... I guess that's what his publicity stun- err, I mean crusade- is all about. Actually admirable, I guess, but unfortunately that MTV interview he did may also make him somewhat in the eyes of some. Makes no diff to me- I will continue downloading his music illegally regardless.