Flicks that are available to stream on Netflix at this moment...

JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
edited April 2012 in Strut Central
I feel like this has been a thread already, but I couldn't find it. I just think it would be cool if there was a spot for us to post potentially interesting netflix movies/shows that are currently streaming.

Yeah...shit doesn't stream forever but I still think it could be cool to get something like this going because there is certainly some excellent taste on le' Strut...

I'm watching a bit of this on my lunch break and it looks like it could be a fun watch....

EDIT: jfc...maybe 'fun watch' wasn't appropriate...just got a few minutes into the film and dude is talkin about having to eat at a soup kitchen...a

Also...don't want anyone here to assume that (when I say there is some good taste on this board) I'm including my own taste... /rambling

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    The ANVIL movie is great! I don't really stream movies on Netflix, i would rather watch the real DVD or better yet Blu-ray. The streaming selection is not that great. They have have a lot of licensing issues and should have a lot more streaming content. The quality of the streaming video is also very bad. Lots of artifacts and picture problems. The streaming picture is okay if you have the right hardware and a VERY fast internet connection. The picture is much better if you are streaming Netflix content through a high end Blu-Ray player like an Oppo-93 connected to a good plasma TV. You would still need a very fast internet connection.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    i agree with u about the quality issue chan, though sometimes netflix streaming comes with the occasional out-of-print gem.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

watched this last week, thought it was decent

• Check out the site http://www.instantwatcher.com. It basically leads you to all the good movies.

Check out the move Submarine!

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts
    I really really enjoyed this flick Sonatine http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108188/
    It's a really tastefully done minimalist Yakuza flick. Beat Takeshi directed and starred. Check it out!

• i just got fiber optic cable put in at my house (16mb/sec!) and am streaming netflix through a ps3 to an LED tv. there is officially no going back to the way things were before.

submarine is very Wes anderson-y, but very good.

check out 'man on wire'

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I rock Netflix.

shit i got to see for eiher the first time or reuppped....

Chinatown
    Night Moves
    Senseless
    For Colored Girls Who have Consided Suicide when the Rainbow is Enuff
    The Beast Within
    Bad Boys

Theres a gang of good/bad Bmovies that ill check. I dont rent shit on the physical anyways.

Its far from perfect and it will never be, but its cool to check their menu and give a questionable joint a chance.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    There's lots of killer Italian movies from 1960-1980 which are available for streaming. Actually, some of them (Kidnap, Bandits in Milan, etc) can only been seen in the U.S. via Netflix Streaming

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    If like me you like your movies difficult, Avant-garde and foreign. You should check out:

The color of pomegranates

Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives

The Cook the Thief His Wife & Her Lover

Dogtooth

- spidey

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    Death Rides a Horse
    Senna
    Chasing Ghosts
    The BIg Combo
    Kill the Irishman

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I just saw the complete old school Hawaii Five-0 series is on there. So they got that going for them.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    DustedDon said:
    The BIg Combo

"You like funky drums?"

• Just watched Viva Riva and I give it a Strut Up.
    If you're in the mood for a spaghetti western
    starring Burt Reynolds then I would also recommend
    Navaho Joe.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Just watched Thief on there the other day. Great flick. Also been watching the Larry Sanders Show. Delightful!

• I couldn't make it through The Cook, The Thief, His Wife And Her Lover, but an interesting story is that the fella who used to babysit me did some of the singing in the movie (Paul Chapman). His very middle class parents were oh-so-proud and told all their middle class friends about how their little Paul (who was a young teen at the time at the very least) was in a film. Until they saw it...

The problem I've noticed is that in the days of video rental stores you can tell which movies were worth a watch because they had 50 copies compared to some crap with only one copy. Netflix, on the other hand, has one copy of everything (sic) so there's no gauge, leaving me to end up watching a load of crap!!!

That said, I have seen some very good movies on there. Senna was one of them. I'll post more when I've woken up a bit and can remember some others!

Still not got around to watching Submarine but really must, big fan of Ayoade...

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Big_Chan said:
    The ANVIL movie is great! I don't really stream movies on Netflix, i would rather watch the real DVD or better yet Blu-ray. The streaming selection is not that great. They have have a lot of licensing issues and should have a lot more streaming content. The quality of the streaming video is also very bad. Lots of artifacts and picture problems. The streaming picture is okay if you have the right hardware and a VERY fast internet connection. The picture is much better if you are streaming Netflix content through a high end Blu-Ray player like an Oppo-93 connected to a good plasma TV. You would still need a very fast internet connection.

Yeah I hear you on a/v quality issues. My xbox streams netflix fine but my laptop will struggle occasionally.

As far as selection...I feel like it's picking up finally.

I ride for this one...if you make it through this movie without being moved by what he does for make-a-wish kids, then you should be in politics.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    coffinjoe said:

watched this last week, thought it was decent

Loved that movie, shit was intense.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Knuckle
    http://instantwatcher.com/titles/179132

Rango is pretty amazing if you havent seen it

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts
    Serpico, Ghostbusters, 13 Assassins

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    SPlDEY said:

Dogtooth

I'd like to see this again.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    bassie said:
    SPlDEY said:

Dogtooth

I'd like to see this again.

i enjoyed it. some of it felt arthouse-by-the-numbers but it still had quite a punch. can't wait to see his new one. anybody have any modern greek film reccs?

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts
    I fucking loved The Cruise. Really amazing, inspiring documentary about this young modern urban NYC philosopher tour guide who uses his tours to expound his prose.
    http://instantwatcher.com/titles/77328 Apparently it's expiring on the 13th. Might not be for everybody but I definitely enjoyed it.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    If you like stand-up there's a couple Kevin Hart videos on Netflix that are hilarious.

NerdAlert said:
    I fucking loved The Cruise. Really amazing, inspiring documentary about this young modern urban NYC philosopher tour guide who uses his tours to expound his prose.
    http://instantwatcher.com/titles/77328 Apparently it's expiring on the 13th. Might not be for everybody but I definitely enjoyed it.

Thanks for the heads up. This is kinda why I like the idea of this thread...try to catch some good shit before the stream expires.

Good look...gonna start this on my lunch break.

• The Red Riding Trilogies are great watches.

I also just finished Ken Burns Jazz.

motown67 said:
    If you like stand-up there's a couple Kevin Hart videos on Netflix that are hilarious.

yeah...i checked one. Dirty Comedy club steez.

batmon said:
    motown67 said:

FTW....

Also...this is fantastic...

...might be corny for some but I giggled like a mother fucker. The nasa shit was my fave'...

JectWon said:
    batmon said:
    motown67 said:

FTW....

Also...this is fantastic...

...might be corny for some but I giggled like a mother fucker. The nasa shit was my fave'...

Patrice was funny.

Into The Abyss

...no words for this one.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Electrode said:
    There's lots of killer Italian movies from 1960-1980 which are available for streaming. Actually, some of them (Kidnap, Bandits in Milan, etc) can only been seen in the U.S. via Netflix Streaming

Thanks for the heads up. I just caught Milano Calibro 9 finally.

Makes me want to find out more about Osanna.

here's Santa Sangre if y'all haven't caught it yet:

- spidey