An old man's reaction to hearing "his" music.

dreskieboogiedreskieboogie 951 Posts
edited April 2012 in Strut Central
Seriously, watch this:

http://www.wimp.com/reactionmusic/

Comments

• amazing!

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    i cant help but think of the stereotypical nursing home, disconnected from each resident's history, family, and culture. what a deadening purgatory devoid of stimulation it must be. people's favorite music will liven them up. duh.
    not trying to take anything away from the video, cause it was beautiful. it just made me want to visit nursing homes and cheer people up

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    thank you for posting. great way to start the day.

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    awesome!

b/w is there a single director / cameraman / editor that actually 'stops now' when someone says 'can we please stop now'?

• Dante said:
    awesome!

b/w is there a single director / cameraman / editor that actually 'stops now' when someone says 'can we please stop now'?

As a producer/director, I would be nice in front of the person, and rip the cameraman off-set if they stopped.

Yes, I'm an asshole and I've noticed myself getting worse about this over the years- that said, a lot of people find in watching the finished product, they're glad to have that moment/emotion documented.

In my experience...

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    That was amazing, thanks for sharing.

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    gareth said:
    Dante said:
    awesome!

As a producer/director, I would be nice in front of the person, and rip the cameraman off-set if they stopped.

Yes, I'm an asshole and I've noticed myself getting worse about this over the years- that said, a lot of people find in watching the finished product, they're glad to have that moment/emotion documented.

In my experience...

i know, i'm not knocking it, it works

i was just honestly wondering if someone on earth would do it, as there's 'please stop now' moments everywhere you look.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    touching
    beyond the power of music thing i think we will all benefit from continuing to enjoy our top hobby/obsession as we grow older
    the complexity of rythmic patterns and harmonies as well as the cognitive memories generated and the organisation of collections
    will help us exercise our mind
    classical music has been proven to extend life in mice compared to other types of music
    i will be spinning raerz till i dizie

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    DJs gonna be hustlin' for that old age home gig now!

"I get tickets for free prune juices, and all the digestible cookies I can eat!"

all joking aside, I think Music Therapy is a really interesting and exciting field. Seems to unlock so much personality and life in people!

• Dante said:
    gareth said:
    Dante said:
    awesome!

In my experience...

i know, i'm not knocking it, it works

i was just honestly wondering if someone on earth would do it, as there's 'please stop now' moments everywhere you look.

Hey man- I ain't apologizing...

I had a girl crying last year, and as I'm asking follow-up questions, the audio guy jumped up & crossed-frame to give her a water. He later, unprompted, apologized, as he said, "I just got really uncomfortable..."

I had a recent uber-shady producer moment that kind of gave me douche-chills at myself. That said, I got the soundbyte I needed. The only solace I give myself is I was just fishing for someone to give me a lead-in, a la "When I woke up that morning...", but man... It was seriously borderline. The person who logged it turned to me and was like, "SHADY... Got the byte! Nice work!"

All I've done for the last month is make TV, so it's sort of all I'm qualified to talk about on this board right now.