About to cause mass hysteria

2»

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Again and again, Larry Bird stands up to all of your criticisms. It's awesome music, period. You don't think so? Well, then get used to having your heavy-handed opinions not matter, if they ever did.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    I dig the Larry Bird ish. Esp the screwed mix.

• bassie said:
    BeatChemist said:

How can ANYONE co-sign this dude?

We need characters in hip hop? Really? How about talented artists, making good music??

how about it? there's plenty of those - even if they are not to your taste.

b/w

characters, talent and "good" music - not mutually exclusive!!

BeatChemist said:

More evidence that the internet has ruined everything.

Don't shoot the messenger.

I wasn't trying to be on some "le sighhhh... hip hop is so dead...." type bullshit. There's a fuckload of great music coming out right now. You're right about characters - the best entertainers are characters. But they usually have talent. And I know music is subjective and all, but I guess I am just shocked at the lack of talent that is passing as swag.

Interwebs = less keyholders to culture = level playing ground for artists
    b/w
    Interwebs = less keyholders to culture = more exposure to wackness

I like the A side, but the remix on the flip just never sat right with me...

EDIT -
    forgot to add that I hadn't heard that Larry Bird track until after I posted... it's actually pretty fucking good.

• it is a parody. you must recognize simon rex in there? aka dirt nasty. i quite like it. i mean i don't want to have scones with the guy but his freestyles are entertaining.
    "i live the life of a tampax tampon, go to sleep leave the lamps on, left my amp on."
    i laughed

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    I like this dude's beard, would not fit in at waxi

• jaysus said:
    I like this dude's beard, would not fit in at waxi

killin the dj shadow beard..

but on the real, i dont like any of the people this dude rolls with, from V-Nasty to Dirt Nasty. SO its not like me and Harv are on some post-modern ironic shit. Nah, i actually think dude's talented.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

Wud up T-Mo!

• barjesus said:
    He's got jokes, and as far as I can tell, isn't playing the role of a make believe drug kingpin. It is kinda refreshing.

Bring the rice out = Cocaine

He definitely has the illest verse on this song, where he raps about his body bag full of coke (each verse on this song is guaranteed to make you laugh):

And this one gives you a rare glimpse into his mind:

I created an account on here a long time ago and never used it. Got bored, came back today and this thread alone pulled me in. Nice to meet everyone.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Larry Bird is a great track.

Beyond that I've been a bit slack on keeping up to date with Riff Raff though a fan of some of the stuff he's been doing with TKO Capone.