Portland.
    Thom Jones at 1:50.

Do you have his phone number?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    (503) 232-1767

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    (503) 232-1767

Did you at least see it fly right over your head?

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    elise said:

Admit that it's you at 3:20.

And 1:10! Hahah.

Also, his Halloween T-shirt is so awesome.

Kindly,
    parallax

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Pretty good. But I feel like it just scratches the surface.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Huh? This is more like what this one annoying guy says - or that him and his friend with a camera came up with.
    "Is this your stack? Can you move it?" is like the only thing...

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    LaserWolf said:
    (503) 232-1767

Did you at least see it fly right over your head?

Haha! Awesome. Sorry for the bad jokes, dudes. ;)

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    bassie said:
    Huh? This is more like what this one annoying guy says - or that him and his friend with a camera came up with.
    "Is this your stack? Can you move it?" is like the only thing...

Spoken like a true record nerd!

lol - I totally deserve that!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I didn't get it either Bassie. There were maybe a few truths in there, like some people's dislike for reissues, but the skits attached were just really forced and unfunny.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    If ya didn't know he got this idea from the viral video 'Shit girls say'

Another reason why this one doesn't work too well - it has hardly anything to do with the original idea beyond the title. The spin-offs - Shit Black Girls Say, Shit White Girls Say To Black Girls, Shit Spanish Girls Say - at least stick to the original format.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    LP at 43 sec is one of tenant's hardcore band.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Okem said:
    I didn't get it either Bassie. There were maybe a few truths in there, like some people's dislike for reissues, but the skits attached were just really forced and unfunny.

And repeated endlessly. I wasn't laffing as much as I should have been.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Okem said:

I think the worst part was "Partied like it's 1999." I did cringe at that.

Definitely not that funny, but the Ebay part made me chortle.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    bassie said:

"Is this your stack? Can you move it?"

I did use that yesterday.

G

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Really annoying individual. The record collectors I knew and looked up to as a kid were all super-cool, had knowledge they didn't flaunt, and were laid-back. Record collecting must suck if you have to be all ironic about it, what's the point in having a hobby if you think its cool to shit on it? I remember smoking cigarettes and drinking beers while looking through records at St. Marks Music or Bleeker Bobs for hours, I couldn't spend five minutes anywhere with this kid. On the good-side, he looks like he'd pay top dollar for my records when I decide to sell them, so I hope he has a lot of friends.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Hey Saba, my guess is that he's just making light of some of the things record-obsessed people do. I'm not convinced he's shitting on the hobby, per se. It's not LOL funny, but amusing because a lot of it is so true, imo.

Kindly,
    parallax

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    bassie said:
    Another reason why this one doesn't work too well - it has hardly anything to do with the original idea beyond the title. The spin-offs - Shit Black Girls Say, Shit White Girls Say To Black Girls, Shit Spanish Girls Say - at least stick to the original format.

Shit Girls Say to Gay Guys is my fave, by the user soundlyawake on YT. I agree that the Record Nerd one is poorly done in comparison.

• Oh brother. Hi..I am the guy in the video. Me and my 18 year old kid made the movie because she wanted to try her hand at editing and filming. I have never been in front of a camera before but thought it would be funny to make light of the hobby I have been involved in for going on 30 years..punk record collecting. I didnt set out to make an all encompassing well thought out sketch that is oscar worthy , but to just goof around with my kid . And for the record..I am attempting to portray a character in the video that is not me or anyone I know in real life. So kind critics..eat my balls . And for those of you that were not offended to your very soul by my video..we are actually making a second one ..so haters and lovers ..get your poison pens ready!! ANd Saba dude..quit tryin to internet beef about your New Yorkyness..I wouldnt want to go record shopping with you either..you would probably make me drive and bum money off of me that you have no intention of re-paying.

• sabadabada said:
    Really annoying individual. The record collectors I knew and looked up to as a kid were all super-cool, had knowledge they didn't flaunt, and were laid-back. Record collecting must suck if you have to be all ironic about it, what's the point in having a hobby if you think its cool to shit on it? I remember smoking cigarettes and drinking beers while looking through records at St. Marks Music or Bleeker Bobs for hours, I couldn't spend five minutes anywhere with this kid. On the good-side, he looks like he'd pay top dollar for my records when I decide to sell them, so I hope he has a lot of friends.
    sorry dude..not in the market for your Primus and Sublime collection. Relax and have a hot dog and talk to your friends about how cool New York was back in the 90s or whatever you guys do .

• :hayek:

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Any time spent doing something constructive with your kid is time well spent......nice job.

• You should have included a scene where the record nerd goes online to defend himself on a record collecting message board against the criticism of other record nerds.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    I hope you stick around to drop knowledge on us. Yes. Primus. That's exactly right.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    I hope you stick around to drop knowledge on us. Yes. Primus. That's exactly right.

Saba, now that you got a house, which is worth more? Records? House?

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    sabadabada said:

Saba, now that you got a house, which is worth more? Records? House?

I think because his shelves (and stereo) are built in, his records are technically part of the house, so it's a synergistic thing.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    HomeChoppingNetwork said:
    You should have included a scene where the record nerd goes online to defend himself on a record collecting message board against the criticism of other record nerds.

haha no doubt