Brian said:
    europe

And what about Hawaii?
    hawaii is the home of real hip hop dunny

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Brian said:
    hawaii is the home of real hip hop dunny

and they be doin' that ish liiiive...;)

ok, I'll stop now. Thanks for chiming in into Euroman perspectives...

• If (white) cats outside the US wouldn??t copy JB moves or Rap stuff, there wouldn??t be bands like
    The Poets of Rythm
    Supreme NTM
    Osaka Monorail
    please add.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    If (white) cats outside the US wouldn??t copy [...], there wouldn??t be bands like
    The Rolling Stones
    The Beatles
    Led Zeppelin
    Cream
    etc
    etc

And obviously as they're merely derivative, they hold no musical value :smirk:

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    If (white) cats outside the US wouldn??t copy [...], there wouldn??t be bands like
    The Rolling Stones
    The Beatles
    Led Zeppelin
    Cream
    etc
    etc

This is an interesting point but these groups (along with Black Sabbath et al) basically co-invented modern pop/rock. They were a part of the shift from blues/r'n'b/folkmusic to what we now see as something different, albeit based on those forms. All innovations in rap are american and everything made somewhere else is basically just relevant to that country (if that). I mean I can't be like "I have a Swedish rap 12" that used Honeybee before Wu-Tang so these guys were also pioneers of hiphop".

I don't knock Upskiboo for posting something like this though - it's probably the thread title that irks people more than anything. That title is pure uncut Strutnip.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    No Rap should be made or heard outside of the United States.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Mjukis said:
    the thread title that irks people more than anything. That title is pure uncut Strutnip.

Yup - I have nothing against the author, but the title is obnoxious.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    The Rolling Stones
    The Beatles
    Led Zeppelin
    Cream
    etc
    etc

Britman apologist. I dare you to apologize for Eric Clapton. I FUCKING DARE YOU.

• Mjukis said:

I don't knock Upskiboo for posting something like this though - it's probably the thread title that irks people more than anything. That title is pure uncut Strutnip.
    i agree totally but people need to tame their siskel and ebert. ok, so some young dudes in denmark are inspired by some american music/culture to the point that they try their hand at it. is this a bad thing? hiphop was definitely created in a certain geographic, demographic and cultural context. but when people got inspired by it on the west coast or down south and tried their hand at it sometimes it was a pale imitation and other times something different sprung up with a regional flavor.

but at some point it was people getting hyped by something and following suit. hiphop got packaged and marketed a lot as a culture, so thats what people bought into. whether it was imitation or innovation maybe is the question. what about sharevari and kraftwerk?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    The Rolling Stones
    The Beatles
    Led Zeppelin
    Cream
    etc
    etc

Britman apologist. I dare to apologize for Eric Clapton. I FUCKING DARE YOU.

Alright alright, I was being fa-

faseeshoos

fahceeshus

no, no no no

fatuous.

Never liked Clapton, and I like Cream for watching Ginger Baker's face when he's drumming.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    bassie said:
    Mjukis said:
    the thread title that irks people more than anything. That title is pure uncut Strutnip.

+1

Plus the way dude was already throwing his name all over his youtubes (for those that still give an f bout braekbeatz) like he's simultaneously protecting his 'artistic' property AND promoting himself...it's obnoxious. I mean, yeah, I get that hiphop has played a huge role in your life and you're grateful for it. But done like this, it's like an off-putting combination of fervent pride equally mixed with an anguished need for acceptance. It's adolescent, almost.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    parallax said:
    bassie said:
    Mjukis said:

+1

Plus the way dude was already throwing his name all over his youtubes (for those that still give an f bout braekbeatz) like he's simultaneously protecting his 'artistic' property AND promoting himself...it's obnoxious. I mean, yeah, I get that hiphop has played a huge role in your life and you're grateful for it. But done like this, it's like an off-putting combination of fervent pride equally mixed with an anguished need for acceptance. It's adolescent, almost.

exactly... TRYING to make 92ish rap in the LATE 90s should not be worn as a medallion.

infact, i wish some american strutters would post music they were making in 96.
    paging BARJESUS!!! batmon!!!

let's make this trainwreck into something fun.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    Possum Tom said:
    parallax said:
    bassie said:
    Mjukis said:

+1

exactly... TRYING to make 92ish rap in the LATE 90s should not be worn as a medallion.

great idea, i would love to hear what heads put togehter mid 90s ish or even earlier if thats possible, other than that, much respect to people chiming in with their opinions in this thread, thanks, even though some of you might be throwing a brick or two at me haha
    also, im planning on uploading two tracks on youtube with a group called Agony Brothers outta copenhagen also, which i took part in producing way back in 1991, some really old stuff, stay tuned for that, peace.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    upskiboo said:
    Possum Tom said:
    parallax said:
    bassie said:
    Mjukis said:

+1

great idea, i would love to hear what heads put togehter mid 90s ish or even earlier if thats possible, other than that, much respect to people chiming in with their opinions in this thread, thanks, even though some of you might be throwing a brick or two at me haha
    also, im planning on uploading two tracks on youtube with a group called Agony Brothers outta copenhagen also, which i took part in producing way back in 1991, some really old stuff, stay tuned for that, peace.
    really no way of expressing my opinions about this stuff without possibly offending you, but you posted it up, so i hope you were ready for that reaction.

that said, i think you are a talented dude, and a great contributor to this "community"

upskiboo said:
    Possum Tom said:
    parallax said:
    bassie said:
    Mjukis said:

+1

really no way of expressing my opinions about this stuff without possibly offending you, but you posted it up, so i hope you were ready for that reaction.

that said, i think you are a talented dude, and a great contributor to this "community"

not offended at all, just thankful strutters took time out checking these old joints

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I don't think he was trying to promote himself or anything. It's not like there is a massive market for 90's hip hop or something.

Just think he was contributing to the site. I'd actually like to have members on here posting anything (Music, photos, video, etc) that they have an interest or passion for than not contributing at all. Even if it was 80's new wave shit they were doing with their friends in high school.

That said, the title was a bit taxing. Could easily be a lost in translation/culture deal.

The Euro/America nonsense I can do without.

and by the way, im am in no way claiming that these tracks are in any way super original, we all know what cutting edge rap sounded like at that point in time, still at this moment im in the process of dokumenting old rap and beats related material which i have been involved with streching back several years, unknown hip hop history if you will, and yeah, i know this would have prolly been a lot more exciting if these joints surfaced outta nyc underground, and not copenhagen haha

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    upskiboo said:
    and by the way, im am in no way claiming that these tracks are in any way super original, we all know what cutting edge rap sounded like at that point in time, still at this moment im in the process of dokumenting old rap and beats related material which i have been involved with streching back several years, unknown hip hop history if you will, and yeah, i know this would have prolly been a lot more exciting if these joints surfaced outta nyc underground, and not copenhagen haha

If this came out of nyc in 94 it would have been seen as behind the times. This is not a diss to u personally im barkin on the art.

I was down with TroubleNeck Bros and in 94 they were involved with a retro remix which was based on 80s joints.
    I didnt make beats or rapped but i gave cats records and old school tapes that they used, and was later jacked by Primo for one his KRS Beats.

U dont want to see my Thor rhymes..........
    :shitty:

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    DOR said:
    I'd actually like to have members on here posting anything (Music, photos, video, etc) that they have an interest or passion for than not contributing at all. Even if it was 80's new wave shit they were doing with their friends in high school.

This is very hard to do here, unless you are thick skinned, or (as upskidoo appears to be) have a clear understanding of just how good/bad/dated/outofplace your stuff is.

• LaserWolf said:
    DOR said:
    I'd actually like to have members on here posting anything (Music, photos, video, etc) that they have an interest or passion for than not contributing at all. Even if it was 80's new wave shit they were doing with their friends in high school.

This is very hard to do here, unless you are thick skinned, or (as upskidoo appears to be) have a clear understanding of just how good/bad/dated/outofplace your stuff is.

Thats what waxidermy are for.

• The more dudes try to say this is wack .... the more I like it .... just sayin

• spcspc 534 Posts
    Don't hate!

As far as german hiphop, these dudes together with Advanced Chemistry made my all-time favorite german hiphop record:

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/7185776/Blitzmob_Die_Organistation_Part_1_2

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/7185792/Blitzmob_Die_Organistation_Part_2_2

I don't think that all european hiphop groups were trying to emulate the american formula, just check out the UK with Gunshot, Blade, Hijack, ...

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    RAJ said:
    tripledouble said:
    thanks for sharing, man. pretty decent mid 90s style stuff. god knows a lot worse got made in that era.

See Harvey Canal's CD collection

"pick up the gun"

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    What's funny is that I probably own more Bill Hicks cd's than I do mid-90's rap cd's.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    too right. Bill hicks owned the mid 90's.