Vitamins/Healthy Food/Drink Strut

13»

Comments

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    When there is a box of donuts on the table at work, do you eat one? These fuckers are trying to kill me.

Nobody ever puts carrots on the table.

Every Friday my company provides bagels or breakfast tacos. Then during the week someone will bring in a huge tray of chocolate chip cookies or something else sweet. It is a true test of my will power.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    When there is a box of donuts on the table at work, do you eat one? These fuckers are trying to kill me.

Word. I got into countless back-and-forths at my last job about office food.

"You're not having any cake?"
    "No, I don't really eat refined sugar."
    "But it's Bob's birthday! You can eat cake on someone's birthday, right?"
    "It's a 900 person organization. That's 2.5 birthdays every day. 2.5 cakes in the office every day."
    "But it's his birth...."

:long:

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Controller_7 said:

• batmon said:
    Controller_7 said:

"whaaaaaat?! You said you wanted carrots." - said in a Fran dreschery voice.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    Controller_7 said:

Word. I got into countless back-and-forths at my last job about office food.

"You're not having any cake?"
    "No, I don't really eat refined sugar."
    "But it's Bob's birthday! You can eat cake on someone's birthday, right?"
    "It's a 900 person organization. That's 2.5 birthdays every day. 2.5 cakes in the office every day."
    "But it's his birth...."

:long:

We have a vegan in our office - thanks to him, everyone's horizons have expanded and now folks think beyond the traditional choices when we do office lunches, etc. We had a KICK-ASS potluck a couple of months back and the only meat dish was jollof chicken and rice (cooked separately). Not one comment or whine about the lack of meat.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    boxes and boxes
    impossible to resist

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    bassie said:
    We had a KICK-ASS potluck a couple of months back and the only meat dish was jollof chicken and rice (cooked separately).

Big Kap voice - "Yall Ready To Partaaaaaaayy!! - Bag Kap voice

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    batmon said:
    billbradley said:
    Almond said:

Olive oil and balsamic > ranch dressing

Mix the two yourself if possible. Most bottled Oil and Vinegar dressings have added sugar.

I havent bought dressing in years.

Its so damn easy to make and store yourself.

And you can use Yogurt instead of Mayo/Sour cream if you want that Ranch texture.

I just pour oil and vinegar straight from the bottle onto my food. Only need a splash of that balsamic.

Dash of lemon pepper (if you can deal with the sodium) on some tomatoes and cucumbers can make a world of diff.

Yougurt is also a great source of probiotics.

My dad puts a bunch of spinach into the food processor with apple juice, ginger and lemon and drinks it. Looks like mowed up, soggy lawn but tastes like apple juice since spinach doesn't have much flavor.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    batmon said:

We don't have a dog in the office.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Used to eat toast and butter [I love butter] for breakfast most mornings.
    Last spring I switched to muesli. I make a new batch every ten days or so. Eat with fresh fruit and yogurt. Very satisfying.
    Just google the recipe and figure out what you want/like in your muesli.

This does not work for people who think that grains are the devil.

I also drink a smoothie every morning. Sorry Frank. Frozen Mango, in the summer we freeze fresh, local, organic berries every weekend to last the week, [in the winter frozen berries from TJs] apple juice, banana, yogurt and any other fresh fruit that is lying around.

It's hard to turn down sweets at the office.
    Imagine being in the tour van with your carrot sticks, yogurt and fish oil while everyone else is passing around bags of french fries and burgers.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar +

2 Tablespoons Honey +

2 Tablespoons Mustard +

pinch of Black Pepper =

Quick Honey Mustard.

- spidey

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    so i've been having a plain oatmeal breakfast and eating salad for dinner every day for the past two weeks. i feel much more energized and physically good but man i think i'm getting depressed from not indulging in anything. i think i subconsciously started drinking more to compensate.