Vitamins/Healthy Food/Drink Strut

Comments

• billbradley said:
    Here are some of the things I've been eating while doing the Whole30.

I grill a lot of steaks, salmon, chicken breasts and veggies. Grocery shopping is actually much easier now because I just grab produce, meat, fish, and nuts. The rest of the grocery store is pretty much off limits with a few exceptions.

----------------------------------

I see a lot of coconut oil, is olive oil cool?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    im burping up mad fish oil right now and i feel like im going to throw up
    shit is disgusting

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    CousinLarry said:

I see a lot of coconut oil, is olive oil cool?

Yes.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Brian said:
    im burping up mad fish oil right now and i feel like im going to throw up
    shit is disgusting

That kind of makes me want to puke a bit. Like that story in Goonies that Chunk tells about everybody puking in the movie theater.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I use snake oil. It totally works.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    billbradley said:
    I make burgers with tomato, avocado, onion, and mustard. No bun, no ketchup (because it has sugar), no mayo or cheese (soy/dairy).

Just a patty and some veggie condiments on top?

U pick that up with your hands?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    batmon said:
    billbradley said:
    I make burgers with tomato, avocado, onion, and mustard. No bun, no ketchup (because it has sugar), no mayo or cheese (soy/dairy).

I think this regimen allows for cutlery.

bassie said:
    batmon said:
    billbradley said:

That aint no Burger....cmon now!!!

Thats like a skateboard with no wheels!

Like The Fonz with no thumbs!

A shower with a raincoat on!

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    bassie said:
    batmon said:
    billbradley said:

Exactly, I use a fork and knife. It is definitely an adjustment eating a burger without the bun but it still tastes like a burger to me.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    recommend me something that can substitute for my morning whole wheat bread sandwich that will tide me over til lunch and be around as easy to prepare

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    I use snake oil. It totally works.

Corinthian snake?

batmon said:
    bassie said:
    batmon said:
    billbradley said:

That aint no Burger....cmon now!!!

Thats like a skateboard with no wheels!

Like The Fonz with no thumbs!

A shower with a raincoat on!

lol
    I have seen people eat burgers - with buns - with cutlery!

One of life's senseless annoyances is when I am forced to eat noodles with a fork. The place didn't pack chopsticks or I don't have one in my desk like I thought...whatever. It shouldn't matter, oh but it does. I will let that food get cold until the proper utensils arrive at the table. Like I said, senseless.

Brian said:
    recommend me something that can substitute for my morning whole wheat bread sandwich that will tide me over til lunch and be around as easy to prepare

One of the biggest hurdles people have with giving up bread is finding a good alternative to eat. Bread is way too easy to work with. Slap some condiments on it and throw in a filler and BAM!, you're done. I for one used to eat a lot of bread, cereal, and rice. The first week after giving them up was the toughest and what I have done to make things easier is to prepare stuff at night for the follow day or days.

I linked to these two earlier but I'm posting them again.

Apple Crisp is my new favorite. It doesn't take long to prep the food, it just takes a while to bake. It makes enough to last several days. So in the morning all I have to do is scoop some into a container and run to work.
    http://www.icookfree.com/cook/recipes/paleo-apple-crisp

Baked Eggs in Bacon rings
    Same deal, it takes about 10 minutes of prep time before going into the oven. I make them the night before and warm them up once I get to the office.

Baked Eggs in Bacon Rings

Ingredients

6 strips sugar-free bacon
    melted bacon fat for brushing tins
    6 eggs
    1 small to medium tomato, cut into 4 (1/2 inch) slices
    1/3 cup onions, chopped
    3-4 white button mushrooms, chopped
    1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper

Instructions

Preheat oven to 325.
    Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until it begins to shrivel (about 3 minutes). Remove bacon from pan and set aside.
    Discard all but a shallow film of bacon fat in the bottom of the skillet.
    Brush 6 cups in a muffin tin or 6 small ramekins with bacon fat from the pan.
    Add chopped onions and mushrooms to pan with remaining bacon drippings in the skillet and cook over medium heat until softened.
    Meanwhile, place a tomato slice in the bottom of each cup. Circle the inside of each cup with 1 strip of bacon.
    Break an egg into each muffin cup and season with pepper.
    Add sauteed mushrooms and onions over the egg.
    Fill any unused tins with water to protect from burning.
    Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
    To serve, loosen the edges of the eggs with spatula and transfer the eggs to plates.

I adjusted the recipe to make 6 instead of 4.
    www.paleoplan.com/2009/12-31/baked-eggs-in-bacon-rings/

I get phlegmy when I eat too much bread, but it's not a big part of my diet. I buy those Dimpflmeier half loaves and that lasts me a month.
    I know wheat ain't all it's cracked up to be and I guess it's the non-practicing Muslim, pescatarian in me, but I don't understand how bacon is better for you than bread.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i don't eat egg and i'm trying to lower my cholesterol so bacon is kinda not going to do it for me. peeping dat apple crisp though

bassie said:
    I get phlegmy when I eat too much bread, but it's not a big part of my diet. I buy those Dimpflmeier half loaves and that lasts me a month.
    I know wheat ain't all it's cracked up to be and I guess it's the non-practicing Muslim, pescatarian in me, but I don't understand how bacon is better for you than bread.

Bacon isn't better for you, but it isn't inflammatory to your system like grains/bread. Bacon isn't meant to be eaten every day either. I just know that I've been eating like this for just over a month and I feel much better and have lost weight. I don't expect anyone else to follow the same guidelines and I am not a nutritional expert by any means. For me, the simple Whole30 guidelines make it easy because I eat as much as I want, but do not eat anything on the unapproved list of foods. Sounds crazy, but it is working for me.

• When energy expenditure is greater than energy intake, weight is lost. You're losing weight because you're eating fewer calories. It ain't magic.

Also, Paleo Man ate grains.

bassie said:

I have seen people eat burgers - with buns - with cutlery!

One of life's senseless annoyances is when I am forced to eat noodles with a fork. The place didn't pack chopsticks or I don't have one in my desk like I thought...whatever. It shouldn't matter, oh but it does. I will let that food get cold until the proper utensils arrive at the table. Like I said, senseless.

Yall better go get me some damn chopsticks up in this bitch.....uh uh....oh hells no.....not tonight.......go next door and ask somebody for some damn chopsticks...............jumps on twitter to her grrlfrand

I'm not on Twitter. I lose my shit the old-fashioned way.

bassie said:
    I'm not on Twitter. I lose my shit the old-fashioned way.

"WHO STOLE MY APPLE JUICE!"

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I found the 4 hour body a good quick temporary diet.

Staying away from breads and rices and pastas really made me a healthier eater. I consciously eat less fruits and sugars now, and eat whatever I want on the weekends. However.. I'm in the best shape I've ever been in (5'11 - 160 pounds) and I don't really put much/if at all thought into my eating habits anymore.

Frank said:
    Vitamin supplements are for idiots, they do absolutely nothing. Eat fruit and raw vegetables and salads but stay away from mayo based dressings. Exercise. Don't eat shit food. Don't eat after 4pm. If you do eat shit food, you will not feel good, no matter how many vitamin supplements you consume with it.

I have never not eaten after 4 pm. That's an interesting idea. I also have insomnia so i'm not sure how that would work with me. Interesting.

behemoth said:

I want to generally feel better. healthier. more light on my feet. less sluggish.

Definitely excercise, try to find a good simple daily routine you can stick with.

Good luck!

- spidey

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Drink organic green tea from Japan.

Go swimming, preferably in the ocean or a nice river.

Get sunshine regularly.

Fish for fresh fish. Steam that shit and serve with blanched shitake mushrooms.

hogginthefogg said:
    When energy expenditure is greater than energy intake, weight is lost. You're losing weight because you're eating fewer calories. It ain't magic.

Wow, I had no idea, thanks for your insight. :roll:

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    When eating out and on the road, get whole wheat bread instead of white. Not all of us are good at avoiding carbs, so might as well eat some with whole grains and fiber.

Drink water. Juice and milk have their place, but calories are too quickly consumed via drank. Can also make you feel full.

Foods like carrots which take a while to chew can trick you into thinking you just ate a lot.

Olive oil and balsamic > ranch dressing

Exercise. If you have a pair of legs and some shoes, go running around your hotel or tour bus.

Salmon.

Don't feel entitled to treats and dessert. My one girlfriend who consistently fails to lose weight is always "treating" herself to things just bc she made it through a day of work or didn't eat out today. Take more pleasure in eating well and taking care of yourself than in eating sweets or drinking another brew.

• dont be fooled fools.......... i eat whatever the heck i want to....... i just dont eat it all the time.

Almond said:

Mix the two yourself if possible. Most bottled Oil and Vinegar dressings have added sugar.

billbradley said:
    Almond said:

Mix the two yourself if possible. Most bottled Oil and Vinegar dressings have added sugar.

I havent bought dressing in years.

Its so damn easy to make and store yourself.

And you can use Yogurt instead of Mayo/Sour cream if you want that Ranch texture.

Half a (fresh) lemon squeezed into a glass of room temperature water in the mornings.

Pop is one of the biggest contributors to weight gain and crap health. Your body doesn't recognize calories in liquids (as it doesn't metabolise it the same it does solids) and the ingredients clean silver and windows! Avoid as much as possible.

• bassie said:

Pop is one of the biggest contributors to weight gain and crap health. Your body doesn't recognize calories in liquids (as it doesn't metabolise it the same it does solids) and the ingredients clean silver and windows! Avoid as much as possible.

If you are a soda addict, cop with the quickness:

http://www.sodastreamusa.com/

I've been making all kinds of soda with no sugar (just a little juice)

Watermelon mint
    lime cucumber
    lime with a pinch of salt

But really, I drink waaaay more water now that I can carbonate it in my kitchen.

• When there is a box of donuts on the table at work, do you eat one? These fuckers are trying to kill me.

Nobody ever puts carrots on the table.