sexy sexy sexii..

E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
edited August 2011 in Strut Central

cant get enough of this

Comments

• painful. time would have be better spent cleaning that kitchen lady.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    speakmumbles said:
    painful.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    arent we over white folks doing covers of rap songs by now?

"eat a bag of dicks" .....hahaha....its so funny...haaha.......terrrible.

• i think it has to do less with her race, than her shitty singing and off time keyboard molesting. did i need to watch 30 seconds of somebody hitting rock beat 2 and puffing a cig? probably not.

• batmon's speed.

• britsh art school student, check
    naughty librarian glasses, check
    obvious bad girlfriend crazy girl hotness multiplier, check

but she doesn't know her history:

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    speakmumbles said:
    batmon's speed.

when i saw the video name i was like yeah this is going to suck unless it has the adlibs at the beginning but yeah

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Horrible.

delete this shit before yall rehash the genre again with the same utube nonsense....plaese to refrain...please!

speakmumbles said:
    i think it has to do less with her race, than her shitty singing and off time keyboard molesting. did i need to watch 30 seconds of somebody hitting rock beat 2 and puffing a cig? probably not.

it has all to do with her race. stop frontin.

• actually scientists have just discovered that singing ability is not related to race. amazing.

• have they finally identified and isolated the "flava genome"?

• There must be a polar opposite to this hipster-female-doing-rap thing somewhere?

Are there any thugged-out men doing a rap version of Jewel, or Katy Perry or whoever the white, female singer-songwriter du jour is?

speakmumbles said:
    actually scientists have just discovered that singing ability is not related to race. amazing.

Scientists have also found the difference between Singing and Rapping. So amazing.

• neil_something said:
    There must be a polar opposite to this hipster-female-doing-rap thing somewhere?

Are there any thugged-out men doing a rap version of Jewel, or Katy Perry or whoever the white, female singer-songwriter du jour is?

like soulstrut wouldn't implode if a youtube video of z-ro doing a cover of kesha's 'your love is my drug' surfaced.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts

one of the originators of the genre.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    mrmatthew said:

one of the originators of the genre.

I think this one pre-dates it by a few years. I used to work at a record store in Austin when this came out and some of the other employees just thought it was so funny to play this - nails on a chalkboard. Still.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    yeah, pretty sure that is the og of this horrid sub-genre

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    neil_something said:
    There must be a polar opposite to this hipster-female-doing-rap thing somewhere?

like soulstrut wouldn't implode if a youtube video of z-ro doing a cover of kesha's 'your love is my drug' surfaced.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    neil_something said:

He's covered/interpolated Pat Benatar's Love Is a Battlefield and Simply Red's Holding Back the Tears.

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    say what you want, I got love for this girl

She used to poast a song every day or so.
    I'm glad i made a few of y'all cringe though

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    batmon said:

E_Daily said:
    say what you want, I got love for this girl

She used to poast a song every day or so.
    I'm glad i made a few of y'all cringe though

u got love for her because shes cute or u like her music?

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    this shit still makes me laugh....

diff parody genre tho, more Squirrel Nut Zippers style, then frat bro w/ guitar/ art school chcik w/ microkorg...

• rootlesscosmo said:
    batmon said:

Not disagreeing that these covers are dire, but are there example of rap covers done by anyone that aren't slightly lame?

Redman and Method Man covering Das EFX wasn't their finest moment. I'm sure there was a Madlib produced thing that did EPMD's "Knick Knack Paddy Wack" too, but can't remember which thing exactly.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    neil_something said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    batmon said:

Not disagreeing that these covers are dire, but are there example of rap covers done by anyone that aren't slightly lame?

Redman and Method Man covering Das EFX wasn't their finest moment. I'm sure there was a Madlib produced thing that did EPMD's "Knick Knack Paddy Wack" too, but can't remember which thing exactly.

are you srsly comparing rappers-covering-other-rappers-rap-songs to ironic-white-hipster-themed-rap-parody-covers?

they may both suck as genres, but they suck for completely different reasons and really have nothing to do with each other.

i cram to understand your comparison.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    neil_something said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    batmon said:

We've covered these before on the Strut, but this lil mama does it right...

But the thing is, she's an actual fan of what she's covering with no hipsteur irony involved.

• rootlesscosmo said:
    are you srsly comparing rappers-covering-other-rappers-rap-songs to ironic-white-hipster-themed-rap-parody-covers?

they may both suck as genres, but they suck for completely different reasons and really have nothing to do with each other.

i cram to understand your comparison.

but they're both people doing covers of rap songs, right? that makes for a certain amount of common ground as far as i can see.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts