Kanye's album leaked already

Comments

• ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts
    The hidden track is

the cd i have doesn't have "Late"

a ha ha ha ha ha.....

(done just like the song)....love that shit.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Actually, Jim Jones is doing dude a favor cos he'll actually be on something that moves units.

• Actually, Jim Jones is doing dude a favor

• Actually, Jim Jones is doing dude a favor cos he'll actually be on something that moves units.

Blog downloads count as units?

but yo, that Pete beat is traaaaaaaaaaaaash. As far as who's doing who a favor, *rolling eyes*. Yeah Pete has definetly lost his touch but damn c'mon we're talking about Pete Rock not some NY-centric movement that can't even bubble in Cali.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Actually, Jim Jones is doing dude a favor cos he'll actually be on something that moves units.

Blog downloads count as units?

but yo, that Pete beat is traaaaaaaaaaaaash. As far as who's doing who a favor, *rolling eyes*. Yeah Pete has definetly lost his touch but damn c'mon we're talking about Pete Rock not some NY-centric movement that can't even bubble in Cali.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Yo, Pete Rock is one of my favorite producers, made some of my favorite beats and all, but when's the last time dude put out something that really mattered? I think Jimmy's last album did around 200,000 on an indie, so that isn't that bad. I was looking through the Circuit City and Best Buy ads today and they got that shit as their "featured" new release for Tuesday which was kinda suprising. I just don't see Jim Jones moving additional units cos of a Pete Rock beat and I don't see the Pete Rock fans even fucking with anything Diplomat related.

• I think Jimmy's last album did around 200,000 on an indie, so that isn't that bad.

I think the dude was getting like $6 a record on that too. Do the math...

• Yo, Pete Rock is one of my favorite producers, made some of my favorite beats and all, but when's the last time dude put out something that really mattered? I think Jimmy's last album did around 200,000 on an indie, so that isn't that bad. I was looking through the Circuit City and Best Buy ads today and they got that shit as their "featured" new release for Tuesday which was kinda suprising. I just don't see Jim Jones moving additional units cos of a Pete Rock beat and I don't see the Pete Rock fans even fucking with anything Diplomat related.

B:

200,000 is fucking insane for indie but if we talking about " shit that matters" Dipset stuff is just as irrelevant out here as Soul Survivor 1 & 2.

And you're right Pete fans are completely different from Dipset fans so no one really "benefitted" at all.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    B:

200,000 is fucking insane for indie but if we talking about " shit that matters" Dipset stuff is just as irrelevant out here as Soul Survivor 1 & 2.

And you're right Pete fans are completely different from Dipset fans so no one really "benefitted" at all.
    I would consider Soul Survivor 1 the last good thing Pete Rock put out with a few good beats here and there. Soul Survivor 2 had its tracks but was overall blah. And sorry, by "shit that matters" I mean shit that actually sold.

• I think Jimmy's last album did around 200,000 on an indie, so that isn't that bad.

THE BOY BE MAKING CRAZY FANY DOLLARS! SAYIN'! MONEY EXPLOSION GAME RECOGNIZE MONKEY EXPLOSION GAME!

THE BOY BE MAKING CRAZY FANY DOLLARS! SAYIN'! MONEY EXPLOSION GAME RECOGNIZE MONKEY EXPLOSION GAME!

Do you know Jomo

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Eh, Jones would just be throwing Rock a favor. Pete Rock should feel lucky to record with a talent like Jones who's so clearly ahead of the MC game compared to a lot of cats. If you listen to Jones' early Dipset mixtape rhymes, he was far better than someone like CL Smooth, even at his prime. I mean, it's a good thing Jay-Z retired because Jones would be bearing down on his #1 spot if he had stayed in the game.

I concur except for one thing... Jay-Z??? Jay-Z is, and always has been, GARBAGE. We all know that he's a "biter, not a writer" and if Biggie were alive he never would've falsely elevated himself to King Of New York status ("King Of New York"... yeah, like anybody even cares who New York's king is). Nas (another fraud) clearly murdered him in their "epic" battle (yawn), as has every other halfway-competent rapper he has ever shared a mic with (Bun-B, Big L, Eminem, Biggie, Foxy Brown, Kanye, Memphis Bleek, Amil... need I go on?).

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Eh, Jones would just be throwing Rock a favor. Pete Rock should feel lucky to record with a talent like Jones who's so clearly ahead of the MC game compared to a lot of cats. If you listen to Jones' early Dipset mixtape rhymes, he was far better than someone like CL Smooth, even at his prime. I mean, it's a good thing Jay-Z retired because Jones would be bearing down on his #1 spot if he had stayed in the game.

I concur except for one thing... Jay-Z??? Jay-Z is, and always has been, GARBAGE. We all know that he's a "biter, not a writer" and if Biggie were alive he never would've falsely elevated himself to King Of New York status ("King Of New York"... yeah, like anybody even cares who New York's king is). Nas (another fraud) clearly murdered him in their "epic" battle (yawn), as has every other halfway-competent rapper he has ever shared a mic with (Bun-B, Big L, Eminem, Biggie, Foxy Brown, Kanye, Memphis Bleek, Amil... need I go on?).

O-Dub & Soulman:

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

O-Dub & Soulman:

We cuttin' shit up like the Swedish Chef.

For those who LIKE the new Kanye...

...am I the only one thinking, "damn, I think Kanye shorted Common of some of his best beats to keep 'em for himself?" I mean, there were some nice tracks on "Be" but relative to the best material on "Late Registration," I wonder if Rashid is sitting at home thinking, "wait, I didn't get this beat tape..."

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Said it above and I'll say it again: "Gone" is fresh.

1. Is that Consequence that does the third verse, talking about "gone this and gone that"? If so I have newfound respect for dood 'cause the verse is nice.

2. O-Dub: Please explain your luv for Dipset. It has me stymied. I like them and all, but for a seasoned critic such as yourself, you never get the whole "been there, done that New York posse" vibe from those guys?
    Their sound is solid, but not really original to me.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

1. Is that Consequence that does the third verse, talking about "gone this and gone that"? If so I have newfound respect for dood 'cause the verse is nice.

2. O-Dub: Please explain your luv for Dipset. It has me stymied. I like them and all, but for a seasoned critic such as yourself, you never get the whole "been there, done that New York posse" vibe from those guys?

Dipset is the truth.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Just downloaded more than half the album. "Is that your car" is kinda nice & so is "my way". I bet he could make a great 10 track lp. Not a bad album to download & cherry pic, but not worth forking out any money for.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Been listening to the album (thanks for the Torrent tutorial, ODub) and I think it's pret-t-ty damn good. Kanye reminds me of the little overly enthusiastic kindergarter you see at a school and think, "Damn, that kid's gonna really gonna make some real world moves some day."

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    side note: did dood mess up his cheeks during the car wreck or has he always looked like a chipmunk?

Dude, my whole thing about Jim Jones was a total joke. I even said I was being sarcastic. What's wrong with people? Do they not read?

• the whole "been there, done that New York posse" vibe from those guys?

I have no idea what this means

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Just downloaded more than half the album. "Is that your car" is kinda nice & so is "my way". I bet he could make a great 10 track lp. Not a bad album to download & cherry pic, but not worth forking out any money for.

You're getting the wrong album. Those songs are the unreleased ones that were done either before, during or after the last album. Soulseek is full of people that have those songs listed under Late Registration.

Herm

• I'm buying this one when it comes out, no doubt. Much better than the new Tony Yayo.

• In mid-listen this sounds like a solid pop/hiphop record. Much better than College Dropout, anyway. I actually thought that Kanye was gonna fall big after the first one, cause he was really running nowhere with his production style. "Be" and this new one prove me wrong. Glad to be proven wrong.

And you can say many things about Dipset, but not-being-original has no place in there.

has anyone else used move on up ?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    has anyone else used move on up ?

i thought that shit right after I hit continue to post....

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Im not with this hating on dipset. That shit is some of the only rap im listening to right now.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    PLUS. jim jones is the fuckin truth! Im gonna get that, and then mabye later give the kanye a little listen.