Stupid Pranks That Make You Smile (NRR)

SaracenusSaracenus 671 Posts
edited July 2011 in Strut Central
With all the crap going on in the world (debtapocalypse, Norway bombing/shootings, Amy Winehouse, etc.) sometimes I just need to laugh as someone else's (non-lethal) pain.

My dad would sometimes slip a hot pepper into the stir-fry he was cooking just to see who would get it. I got it the last time he pulled it and I was literally chugging water from the tap.

I used to screen shot fellow computer tech's desktops, make it the wall paper, hide their real icons and then watch them try to click on something to open it (sadly Windows XP stopped that bit of fun).

Here is something that made me smile today:

What stupid pranks have you pulled, been the target of, or were a bystander to?

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    So simple, but always funny is tape or rubber band around one of those kitchen sink pull out nozzles. They go to use the sink and the nozzle blasts all over them. Fairly harmless too, since it's only water.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    So simple, but always funny is tape or rubber band around one of those kitchen sink pull out nozzles. They go to use the sink and the nozzle blasts all over them. Fairly harmless too, since it's only water.

i dont get it

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Controller_7 said:

i dont get it

Capiche?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    i understood the intended result (water sprays in mark's face).

what im not understanding is how said result is achieved.

Oh.

Its the same as when the tap is on and you press your finger against the hole to stop the water coming out = increase in pressure = you get wet.

My all time fave is this. Used to do this all the time in Home Ec.

1. Take a mug and fill it with water (I find that something opaque is best).
    2. Take a piece of card and place/hold over the top of mug.
    3. Flip the mug upside down, holding the card in place to retain the water inside.
    4. Place the upturned mug/card on a table.
    5. Remove the card.

Now you have an upturned mug full of water on a table.

Leave it for someone and let the fun ensue.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    at my old warehouse job we used to make fake license plates out of cardboard which said things like "I5UXD1X" and would put them on other workers cars in the parking lot. that was pretty funny seeing how many days they would stay there until they noticed.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    another one with water...

Fill up a water bottle or a 2 liter soda bottle with water all the way to the top.
    Put the cap back on tight
    Punch holes with a needle all over the bottle and leave it on the counter.
    When the cap is removed it will leak tiny streams of water everywhere.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    In the car I like to take out a cigarette (or doob), and then hold my hand over the cig lighter (like I'm waiting for it to pop out except it was never pressed in) then take it out quickly and touch it to somebodies arm or neck. It's not hot but people still scream "OOOOWWWW"

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    In the car I like to take out a cigarette (or doob)

Good thread. I only have mean pranks to share.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    In the middle of a random conversation at the supermarket, etc., with impeccable timing and execution, my ex would pretend to not know me and that I was some crazy lady...which made me laugh hysterically....which didn't help my case at all.

I've been rolling around with one of these for almost 3 years now. Endless comedy.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    We do pranks at work all the time. I came into work yesterday with my desk backwards so instead of sitting in my little area, my chair and stuff was in the walk through area.

I'm planning my response now.

The last one I did was for a co-worker who was away on vacation. When he returned his desk area was full and was greeted with

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    chicken bomb

looking to get back at someone (friends/business/ex-landlord/or neighborhood idiot) get a masonjar (freezer jam type) fill it half way with milk, place some raw chicken in the jar (jar should be about filled now) and some vinegar seal the jar give a shake here and a lil shake there, hide the jar where no one will find it it (in a cardboard box) should only take a few weeks for some "action to start happening in the jar" it will burst open and clear any room or office building..done like dinner!

b/w

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    jjfad027 said:

I've been rolling around with one of these for almost 3 years now. Endless comedy.

Remote control fart machines are fun too

dj_cityboy said:
    chicken bomb

looking to get back at someone (friends/business/ex-landlord/or neighborhood idiot) get a masonjar (freezer jam type) fill it half way with milk, place some raw chicken in the jar (jar should be about filled now) and some vinegar seal the jar give a shake here and a lil shake there, hide the jar where no one will find it it (in a cardboard box) should only take a few weeks for some "action to start happening in the jar" it will burst open and clear any room or office building..done like dinner!

Using epoxy or super glue when screwing the lid on ensures good seal for pressure build up.

• recreated this one at a friends cottage to hilarious result..... and near physical altercation.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    bassie said:
    In the middle of a random conversation at the supermarket, etc., with impeccable timing and execution, my ex would pretend to not know me and that I was some crazy lady...which made me laugh hysterically....which didn't help my case at all.

I do that to my wife all the time.

"Lady, stop following me"

Okay, Piss frisbees. great for exacting revenge on noisy upstairs neighbors.

Take some piss and pour it onto a dinner plate.
    Put pissy dinner plate in freezer, careful now.
    Once it has frozen, slide the piss frisbee off the plate and slip it under your dickhead neighbor's door.
    if he has carpet.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    In junior high, we'd do:

1. Taping...which was putting duct tape sticky-side up out in the road. When a car tire rolls over it, it sticks, and then starts flapping around sounding like a flat tire. Once the person would pull over to investigate, we'd laugh at them.

2. Window tapping...which was at night taping fishing line with a tiny metal sinker attached right above someone's window, then running the line across the street where we'd hide in the bushes and tap the window with the sinker until we laughed at the person at the window wondering what the hell was going on.

3. Fake fights...we'd stage a fight right on the sidewalk of a main street to see who would pull over to try to break it up.

billbradley said:
    jjfad027 said:

Remote control fart machines are fun too

When I worked at Amoeba we had one of the remote control ones and people would stash it near a register and wait for you to help a customer and then blast it. So embarrassing and not even worth explaining to the customer. It was endless laughs though.

As kids, my brother and I made a life-size dummy out of sticks and old clothes. We used to climb on the roof, have some ring the doorbell, and then drop it when my mom opened the door. So wrong. We also tied a Rope to the dummy and would lean it against doors and ring the doorbell. People would open the door and a body would fall in. We pulled the rope and ran down the street dragging it. Mia if the time just ditched it and ran, picking it up off the street later.

Similar to robert's tire flap, we use to run fishing wire across a street with cans on the end so that cars would pick it up and drag them.

The best trick, that never worked too well was a tight line of fishing wire across the street with an egg taped at windshield level. It was like a floating egg. Nobody ever smashed it. They all slowed down in time. This was at night too. I think this one has good potential for what the fuckness on the driver's part.

Sorry for all the iPhone typos.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    As someone who is usually on two wheels, one of the things I fear is fishing line tied across the street.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    falling out of low level branches in a tree and act like it was a real fall to see who would stop.

then we'd run into the woods.

• SaracenusSaracenus 671 Posts
    I totally forgot about this until I read some of your posts.

When I was barely a teenager I got packed off to science camp in the high plains desert of Eastern Oregon (round Fossil, OR for the locals). It was co-ed but the girls A-Frames were on one side of the camp and boys were on the other (the A-Frames had no doors and we were sleeping in wooden bunk beds in sleeping bags).

I don't know who started it (probably it was us boys) but we got into a prank war with the girls. You know the standards stuff, we would saran wrap the girls toilets around dusk, they would put a trail of honey from an ant hive to our bunks (red ants suck in the middle of the night). We would put honey on the toilet seats, they would come through with pots and pans banging at 3:30 am to wake us up. All in good fun.

Yep, I didn't have game then and I certainly don't have it now. Thanks the gawds I married a fellow science geek.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    fart spray in the club