Amy Winehouse RIP ?

13»

Comments

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I'd like to chime in in praise of Doc's piece. I saw it last month and immediately sent it to my wife, who is a big Amy fan. She re-read it again when she heard the sad news, then shared it herself.

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    bassie said:

damms said:
    that's unfortunate she didn't let or find anyone to help her fight her demons

It's not for someone else to do.
    help was the keyword
    now if you believe every addiction can be beaten solely with will power...

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    damms said:
    bassie said:

damms said:
    that's unfortunate she didn't let or find anyone to help her fight her demons

It's not for someone else to do.
    help was the keyword
    now if you believe every addiction can be beaten solely with will power...

Sensitive topic. In a different age, Miles Davis recalls in his autobiography how his father locked him up in a barn for days against his will until he had gone through all the colours of heroin withdrawal. That was before Kind of Blue and the other great sides.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    It is sensitive; people have strong opinions and different personal experiences with/connections to the topic. I don't think this is the right forum to pursue it.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    bassie said:
    It is sensitive; people have strong opinions and different personal experiences with/connections to the topic. I don't think this is the right forum to pursue it.

fair enough

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    bassie said:

please recommend a good forum

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    This really isn't the proper forum for recommending forums, Gary.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Gary said:
    bassie said:

emotionalbacon.blogspot.com

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Gary said:
    bassie said:

Go ahead. I am speaking for myself.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    R.I.P. I didn't realize she was so young. The glass-half-full part of me kept waiting for her to clean up. But like many have stated before me, I'm not surprised.

My pilates instructor played Winehouse tribute songs this evening. Nothing like planks during Rehab.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Almond said:

My pilates instructor played Winehouse tribute songs this evening. Nothing like planks during Rehab.

Intentional or not, that post was *&^%ing hilarious.

• And the verdict is in, Ms. Winehouse drank herself to death or as the coroner stated, "death by misadventure."

For more details, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/26/amy-winehouse-dead-singer-alcohol_n_1032344.html

R.I.P.