edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Ebay Seller:stopandcop???

Comments

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    yes

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Ebay Seller:

stopandcop???

Sigh... that Canadian is responsible for the first SoulStrut mix I ever heard. Memories.

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    Where can I pick up one of those mix CD's???

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    Ebay Seller:

stopandcop???

Sigh... that Canadian is responsible for the first SoulStrut mix I ever heard. Memories.

... and also responsible for the coolest ebay listings. He always got big bucks for his records.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    He has not been around for a long while it seems, anyone know the deal?

• DJing with Diplo, it seems....

• Options
    Gentleman's name is Rory, and he's making moves in the DJ circuit in Toronto. Not sure if he's dealing these days.

Francey Fitness (left) and Rory Them Finest at Big Primpin'

Primp and proper
    Squeezed through a sidewalk full of fashionable kids and into Stones Place for Saturday's Big Primpin' party. I wanted to see if the gay hiphop bash thrown by DJs Rory Them Finest ??? who DJs photographer Ryan Allan's That's A RAP exhibit closing party Saturday (August 13) at Xpace ??? Francey Fitness , Tuff Luv and Minuh Care was keeping its status as Parkdale's premier behemoth jam. And is it? Oh, fo' sho'. With their can't-miss selection of club bangers, Team Primpin' ensured no rug was left uncut. As if the music weren't already fucking hot enough, they had to go and call in Providence, RI's Certified Bananas , a cutting-edge DJ duo who seamlessly merge indie rock loops with Dirty South a cappellas (I'm generalizing), who rolled through and mashed that potato up real good.

K in Canada.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    PLAY WITH FUN is one of my favorite mixes. if you holler at him, make sure you get a copy of that too.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Rory is that dude... the OG Scat bossa heat library breakzzzz and ill stabzzz hommie!!!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    he's not really into the soulstrut "diggin' set anymore........but he has been a good guy in all my local run ins w/ him. Plus he's also into stuff like phoenix and tahiti 80, so he's a ok in my books.

Love him or hate him, he started the whole soundclip/html layout auction game. Hence he was rewarded handsomely.........you get what you put in. I did recall some silly e beef over people biting his layouts and feelings got hurt. This was around the crates list days.....

you can check him out at www.themfinest.com

he recently did a bunch of flyers for the rub, so that's probably the only soulstrut connection left. Oh plus he runs w/ mark's favourite pin up mr. p#ntz (no edit).

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Went to University with Rory. Real humble and nice guy. Check http://www.themfinest.com - that's his site/blog.

Dude is dude. Wish I kept in touch with him more.

Still have both his mixes, no-art-advance-copy steez. haha

I think he was just over in Japan with Diplo.