Animals That are Evil.

Comments

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    NomoreGarciaparra said:
    Frank said:
    mrmatthew said:

What's evil about a preying mantis? They're most fascinating.
    Actually most cultures see them as a symbol for good luck.
    !

They just look like they are up to something. Something no good and evil.

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    mattB said:

maaad creepy

• delaspdelasp 21 Posts
    HOLLAFAME said:
    mattB said:

maaad creepy

wtff? is that an owl swallowing a rat?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    how can you hate on owls? they are among the coolest birds out.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Frank said:

No Zing, but this photo reminds me of this here:

Like, "That dude crazy!"
    Back to anthropomorphizing animals.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    delasp said:
    HOLLAFAME said:
    mattB said:

maaad creepy

Owls are among the only animals that can eat their prey whole - bones, feathers etc.

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    delasp said:
    HOLLAFAME said:
    mattB said:

maaad creepy

Owls are among the only animals that can eat their prey whole - bones, feathers etc.

...and the result becomes a jr. high science project:

I have mad respect for owls...but that picture is just eerie. The way the one guy is swaying back and forth and the other guy is yapping something with his beak...then the hungry fella goes to town.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    These will fusk you up. Glad I don't live in Austrailia.

want to see something nasty? google search images of leishmaniasis- plenty of gi's brought it back from the gulf.. and the shit is often untreatable and chronic....

• delaspdelasp 21 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    delasp said:
    HOLLAFAME said:
    mattB said:

maaad creepy

cool, personally owl's eyes look distinctivly different to me but that def does not make me think they are evil or bad, just nature doing its thing..

• delaspdelasp 21 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    want to see something nasty? google search images of leishmaniasis- plenty of gi's brought it back from the gulf.. and the shit is often untreatable and chronic....

damn, almost looks like it bruises and rots the skin at the same time.

• sakedelicsakedelic 247 Posts

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Did anyone mention this beauty yet?

http://animal.discovery.com/videos/river-monsters-fish-swims-up-urine-stream.html

*won't let me embed. Which is weird considering this animal is all about that.

Tabasko said:

http://animal.discovery.com/videos/river-monsters-fish-swims-up-urine-stream.html

Yeah I was thinking about that one.

Not quite as nasty but potentially even more damaging long-term is the parasite that causes schistosomiasis.

I've been testing for it the last couple weeks 'cause my stomach beens a lil iffy since Africa.....

• mattB said:

jeez..every owl here is doing something different from the rest yet equally scary!

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Tabasko said:

Yeah I was thinking about that one.

Not quite as nasty but potentially even more damaging long-term is the parasite that causes schistosomiasis.

I've been testing for it the last couple weeks 'cause my stomach beens a lil iffy since Africa.....

Make sure you get tested for Amoebiasis. You can get easily infected by eating fruit, salad or vegetable that hasn't been properly washed (in water containing bleach) or peeled. Symptoms can be severe, mild or entirely absent but the cysts will eat your liver. Causes about 100.000 deaths per year, probably way more as many victims are never diagnosed.

Camel Spiders:

They are actually a kind of Scorpion, and have a nasty bite, as many troops stationed in Iraq found out the hard way:

No wonder...

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    probably not as evil as it looks

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Show me an animal that kills for fun and/or an ego boost and/or greed and I will believe it's evil, until then, humans own that real estate.

A couple of weeks ago, I came home in the early evening and there was a cicada chilling on my porch. A few hours later, I go out there to wait for my girl to come get me and it is dead, gutted and jammed between planks. And oh yea, covered in black ants. It was creepy as f*ck, but I could not look away. From what I could tell, the ants were trying to pry it free. There were a couple that must have been look outs or something because they would break away from the group now and then and scurry around the perimetre in circles and then rejoin the effort.
    When I came home a few hours later, nothing, not a sign of any of them.
    Not evil, but chilling nonetheless.

bassie said:
    Show me an animal that kills for fun and/or an ego boost and/or greed and I will believe it's evil, until then, humans own that real estate.

I've seen plenty of cats kill for sport/fun.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    bassie said:

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    KILL ALL MOSQUITOS.

MOSQUITOS BRING NOTHING TO THIS EARTH.

KILL.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Wow, those four owls are beyond evil.
    In fact, after viewing that I now think large swaths of avian life could be filed under evil.
    Bats aren't evil IMO.

Other animals kill for greed and pleasure RE: Brutal chimpanzee insanity attacks.
    Also dolphins, notorious porpoise bullies and occasional killers.

• Options
    Horseleech said:
    bassie said:

It might seem that way, but there are other theories about their weird-ass ways.

NomoreGarciaparra said:
    Horseleech said:
    bassie said:

It might seem that way, but there are other theories about their weird-ass ways.

One could say the same about human behavior.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    button said:

Also dolphins, notorious porpoise bullies and occasional killers.

You don't know half of it...

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Do you guys think aversion to bugs is mainly a first world phenomenon? I couldn't imagine what it would be like to be born with arachnophobia in the tropics.

• Options
    button said:
    Do you guys think aversion to bugs is mainly a first world phenomenon? I couldn't imagine what it would be like to be born with arachnophobia in the tropics.