Animals That are Evil.

buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central
I consider myself very pro animal/nature/wildlife, but lets face it, some of the creatures on this planet have evolved into quite the assholes. Here are some:

Baboons

- Stealing people's lunches from out of their cars then going to kill each others babies out of some petty revenge

Racoons

- Rabid, mean

Ants

- Swarm things and eat them alive, crawl on my shit

Ok, that's a start, feel free to add on.

Comments

• chrisflyerchrisflyer 275 Posts
    Ohio Boy Tackled By Deer While Playing Football
    WINTERSVILLE, Ohio (KDKA) ???

A boy in Ohio was playing football with friends over the weekend and was tackled by a deer.

The incident happened Saturday when Brandon Hiles, 7, went to retrieve a ball that had rolled into the woods in Wintersville, Ohio.

"The deer started charging at me and then it hit me in the back of the leg and then I flipped over," Hiles said.

His friend Wyatt Pugh, 9, stepped in.

"I saw that the deer was attacking him so I hurried up, grabbed a stick and started beating it hard as I could," pugh said. "I was swinging like I had a sword in my hand."

The deer eventually backed off and Brandon was able to get away. He suffered bruises and a gash during the incident.

Mary Ann Pugh, Wyatt's grandmother, called 911. The dashboard camera inside a Wintersville Police cruiser caught the deer on tape as it walked off.

Pugh says she's seen the deer before. She has named him "Devil Deer."

"He's a very ugly, aggressive deer. You can throw rocks at him and he just looks at you," she said.

The patrolman tells KDKA's David Highfield he believes the deer was gearing up for a fight with another buck and that Brandon inadvertently got in between them.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

also see:

Trapdoor Spider

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

CITY SQUIRRELS!

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts

• covecove 1,566 Posts

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    There should be a whole separate discussion about ants that are evil.

You've got the yellow crazy ant that will be firmly in control of Christmas Island before long.

Army ants are unstoppable killing machines.

And of course, fire ants are incredibly invasive and destructive, and not even bodies of water can save you because HOLY SHIT THEY MAKE UNSINKABLE RAFTS OUT OF THEMSELVES!

• sakedelicsakedelic 247 Posts

• delaspdelasp 21 Posts
    sakedelic said:

hahaha kangaroo jack-ass

• delaspdelasp 21 Posts
    some may consider eagles/birds of prey assholes but i think they are smart. if you got to eat then you got to eat.

the ost to this vid is ill.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    no animal is evil.

• delaspdelasp 21 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    no animal is evil.

word, unless you fake the funk...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    no animal is evil.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    DOR said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    no animal is evil.

A few minutes later...

funny gifs

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    delasp said:
    some may consider eagles/birds of prey assholes but i think they are smart. if you got to eat then you got to eat.

the ost to this vid is ill.

fuck if i'm ever going up into the mountains for a hike. i don't want to be found dead with tevas on my feet.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    edith head said:

also see:

Trapdoor Spider

that shit is crazy. like something out of a sci-fi movie indeed.

that one ant looks like a podling from the dark crystal.

• Cassawary.
    The one at SF zoo scared the shit out of me.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    mrmatthew said:

What's evil about a preying mantis? They're most fascinating.
    Actually most cultures see them as a symbol for good luck.

Botflies are evil. The females of some species capture mosquitos and attach their eggs onto them before releasing them again. When the mosquito lands on a mammal, the hatched botfly larvae senses the body heat and lets itself drop onto the host wher it digs into the sting canal from the mosquito or travels to an inviting haircanal or big, open pore. There it begins to dig in. The bot fly larvae doesn't suck blood, it chews away on the host's flesh. They grow to the size of up to an inch long and about a quarter inch thick, the top end that is burrowed deep into the host's skin has jaws that gnaw away on tissue while the tail end shits and breathes on the skin surface.

There's a species in West Africa that deposits it's eggs on the ground where they can smell that mammals often rest. Our three dogs all were affected at various times with usually 1 to 3 larvae, the smallest of our dogs though almost died from it once because it came down with over a hundred larvaes spread over the entire hind part of her body. I noticed the infestation on a Saturday or a Sunday and couldn;t reach the vet. I had noticed her behaving strangely, being overly tired and licking herself like nuts but at first couldn't see anything through the thick fur. When I saw what it was, I shaved half her body with my hair clipper and began extracting the larvaes like you would squeeze out a pimple, I had given her valium and pain killers because our house keeper Amadou who helped me hold her down told me that the removal would be excrutiatingly painful. He said even grown men would often cry like children during the procedure because the larvae have rows of shark thorns that hold them firmly in place. It was fucking digusting. I had to mark each hole with a black eding to be able to distinguish empty holes from full ones since the whole skin quickly became swollen and oozing wound fluid. Some of the larvae would rapture when I squeezed and maggot guts would splatter into my face and eyes. It took me 3-4 hours to be done and Amadou who had grown up in the bush of Sierra Leone and seen a lot of hard shit in his life was shook afterwards. The dog looked like someone had blasted her behind with a shotgun. I think I had consumed a half bottle of rum to keep my hands steady and to stop myself from puking. Fucking botflies that's some genuinely evil shit.

• Options
    Frank said:
    mrmatthew said:

I haven't seen one for years and years. Amazing and beautiful creatures. The (sub)urban legend when I was a kid was that they were protected by law and there was a fine of $50 if you killed one. It didn't seem like enough.

The brown ones looked sharp, too:

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    NomoreGarciaparra said:
    Frank said:
    mrmatthew said:

I haven't seen one for years and years. Amazing and beautiful creatures. The (sub)urban legend when I was a kid was that they were protected by law and there was a fine of $50 if you killed one. It didn't seem like enough.

I've seen many different species in Africa but just last fall a large green one about 5 inches long ended in our bedroom here in Brooklyn. I have some pictures somewhere of young ones hatching from their eggs just next to our terrace back in Guinea. They look like shrimp and they descend from the egg that's usually attached to twigs in a bush on fine strings, then they land someplace and quickly fold into a mini mantis and only about 1 or 2 hours old they're already hunting for small lice and shit. Fascinating stuff!

• Options
    Frank said:
    NomoreGarciaparra said:
    Frank said:
    mrmatthew said:

I've seen many different species in Africa but just last fall a large green one about 5 inches long ended in our bedroom here in Brooklyn. I have some pictures somewhere of young ones hatching from their eggs just next to our terrace back in Guinea. They look like shrimp and they descend from the egg that's usually attached to twigs in a bush on fine strings, then they land someplace and quickly fold into a mini mantis and only about 1 or 2 hours old they're already hunting for small lice and shit. Fascinating stuff!

It is. I feel bad for a lot of kids these days here in America who don't seem to get to know nature very well, if at all.

• coldgritzcoldgritz 71 Posts
    Frank
    Botflies are evil.

Proof positive (warning not safe for the squirmish):
    http://www.snopes.com/horrors/insects/wormeye.asp
    and for those interested, a brief youtube search will turn up some nasty videos of people removing them from under their skin

Also

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candiru
    The victim underwent a two-hour urological surgery to remove the candiru. Dr. D. Scott Smith, Chief of Infectious Diseases at Kaiser Permanente, described the candiru as having spikes to assist it clinging to its host.[16]
    some horrific stuff right there

I took a class in Parasitology in college and it was full of nasty shit like this. Interesting as hell but terrifying to say the least.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Botflies are evil. The females of some species capture mosquitos and attach their eggs onto them before releasing them again. When the mosquito lands on a mammal, the hatched botfly larvae senses the body heat and lets itself drop onto the host wher it digs into the sting canal from the mosquito or travels to an inviting haircanal or big, open pore. There it begins to dig in. The bot fly larvae doesn't suck blood, it chews away on the host's flesh. They grow to the size of up to an inch long and about a quarter inch thick, the top end that is burrowed deep into the host's skin has jaws that gnaw away on tissue while the tail end shits and breathes on the skin surface.

There's a species in West Africa that deposits it's eggs on the ground where they can smell that mammals often rest. Our three dogs all were affected at various times with usually 1 to 3 larvae, the smallest of our dogs though almost died from it once because it came down with over a hundred larvaes spread over the entire hind part of her body. I noticed the infestation on a Saturday or a Sunday and couldn;t reach the vet. I had noticed her behaving strangely, being overly tired and licking herself like nuts but at first couldn't see anything through the thick fur. When I saw what it was, I shaved half her body with my hair clipper and began extracting the larvaes like you would squeeze out a pimple, I had given her valium and pain killers because our house keeper Amadou who helped me hold her down told me that the removal would be excrutiatingly painful. He said even grown men would often cry like children during the procedure because the larvae have rows of shark thorns that hold them firmly in place. It was fucking digusting. I had to mark each hole with a black eding to be able to distinguish empty holes from full ones since the whole skin quickly became swollen and oozing wound fluid. Some of the larvae would rapture when I squeezed and maggot guts would splatter into my face and eyes. It took me 3-4 hours to be done and Amadou who had grown up in the bush of Sierra Leone and seen a lot of hard shit in his life was shook afterwards. The dog looked like someone had blasted her behind with a shotgun. I think I had consumed a half bottle of rum to keep my hands steady and to stop myself from puking. Fucking botflies that's some genuinely evil shit.

Jesus.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Frank said:

Still have scars on under my shoulder blade where I had two small ones taken out. Extracting them wasn't so bad but they're f***ing painful when they start shifting under your skin, like being jabbed with a needle. Thought they were infected bites until my friend said she could see something moving. So glad I couldn't actually see them. Poor doggie!

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Brown recluse spider.
    Look up what a bite can do, then proceed to not sleep for months.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    through my tenure in the midwest, I found on several occasions, briwn recluses in my bathroom. Fuck those things.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    double postatration

• man is a bad animal