A New Low

MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central
We were getting rid of some old crap today so we stopped by the Goodwill. To my surprise there was a whole network of dudes going through the cd selection, bringing them to a central laptop and copying the music free of charge. This really bothered me. Was it the tepedness of the selection. Or, the fact that they felt the music was not worth the dollar price. Does music really have no value?

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I think the main shitty thing about it is that those CDs are being sold to help the underprivileged and those Jack-offs decided to not buy them therefore reaping the benefit from them without helping anyone.

• why pay when you can get it foe free? will they not be able to enjoy it as much because they didn't pay for it? it's art. they will be able to absorb and appreciate the music just as anyone else. that said, i wouldn't do it. but i think i would look at myself as being a little more careless in spending a few dollars. plus it's a respect thing, a decorum thing. all that

curious as to how old these folk were..?

• escoeescoe 113 Posts
    i work @ a goodwill. we ALWAYS have slime balls like this come in. if its not someone trying to haggle the price (which has been reduced by 90% already) its douchbags tryin to pull a lame scheme and get it for free. i mean really who goes outta their way to rip off a charity?

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Why would you even need to go to the goodwill to do this?
    Cant you just pull it all of the web these days anyway?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    mrmatthew said:
    Why would you even need to go to the goodwill to do this?
    Cant you just pull it all of the web these days anyway?
    The neighbor must have learned how to lock the wifi

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Goodwill is ripping off musicians buy selling used cds.
    If someone wants the music they should buy the new cd so the artist can get their royalties.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    im just surprised they were able to get away with it.

id rather give my money to any thrift store other than goodwill. something about a thrift store that has custom logo bags, touch screen cash registers and employee uniforms, along with tons of BRAND NEW BUILDINGS to replaced rented buildings in stores kinda bothers me. wheres my money ACTUALLY going?

thats how it is around here anyway. the salvation army stores and independents all have shitty old buildings, donated/blank bags, and old fashioned cash registers. that kinda makes me feel like my money is going towards the cause more than the image the store is trying to uphold.

plus i hate clean fancy thrift stores anyway. the messier/shittier the better.