Crazy Japanese Auction

Funky_MimizuFunky_Mimizu 631 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Is this for real? Anyone know about this record?

I have it, but over $1000?!

Someone fill me in...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=40963&item=4743036474&tc=photo

started at $7, ended over $1000?

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHOCOLATE-LIPS-Rare-Japanese-only-Funk-Soul-MINT_W0QQitemZ4758301700QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If anyone wants it, I'll sell my copy for $999.99! Seriously.

Peace...
FNM

Comments

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    It's called the Marcofunk Effect.

• It's called the Marcofunk Effect.

Who is Marcofunk?

And what's his secret?

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    Who is Marcofunk?

And what's his secret?

I dunno.

But his secret is deep pockets and very few brain cells.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    yeah that's weird, i see that record around a lot... there's some suss shit goin' down in that auction!!

peace.

• Who is Marcofunk?

And what's his secret?

I dunno.

But his secret is deep pockets and very few brain cells.

Damn I've seen his winning bid on ebay.. almost 90% of stuff he bid on!

Is this guy plan to buy every goddamn records ever released on earth??

There's a guy called Jason Peterali (or something like this), it's pretty the same way, he's an auction slayer.. he's famous out there?

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    That's some obvious shill bidding there. This Marcofunk guy is being taken to the cleaners left and right. Still, it's hard to feel sorry for him if he's paying.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    That's some obvious shill bidding there. This Marcofunk guy is being taken to the cleaners left and right. Still, it's hard to feel sorry for him if he's paying.

LOL

no tears shed for marcofunk... let him pay (and pay!)

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Not applicable to Marcofunk from what AP wrote a while ago, but I read a good piece about money laundering and ebay. If you need to clean cash then bogus transactions followed up with refunds from tied-in sellers is apparently foolproof. Cars and collectibles are main fraud areas.

• and the thing that is really sad is that it is from 1984.

• also i don't think that is shill bidding all the other bidders were modern soul loving french.

• yeah that's weird, i see that record around a lot... there's some suss shit goin' down in that auction!!

peace.

from over here it looks like that record is just unknown, and now people want it. the 1000 mark is already over right? wasn't that like a month ago?? i thought i saw this go for under $300 just like a day ago.

fuck the money, is it good?

peace,

• yeah that's weird, i see that record around a lot... there's some suss shit goin' down in that auction!!

peace.

from over here it looks like that record is just unknown, and now people want it. the 1000 mark is already over right? wasn't that like a month ago?? i thought i saw this go for under $300 just like a day ago.

fuck the money, is it good?

peace,

I guess if modern soul floats your boat, this record is probably nice.

I feel like an old man talking about hip-hop, but modern soul... all that shit sounds the same to me.

Peace...
    FNM