The End of the World

AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
edited May 2011 in Strut Central
Apparently it's tomorrow. Had I known earlier, I wouldn't have shown up for exams this week.

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    you are killing me with the youtubes lately

• I, for one, don't believe that tomorrow is the end of the world. It might be the BEGINNING of the end, but not the END. While the Bible does give us indications of what's to come before that end begins, it states that "no man knows the hour." I'd hate to think that many could possibly experience a second Great Disappointment. As for me, I will continue to "occupy this space" until I occupy it no longer.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    CDC Recommends Preparing for All Disasters -- Even Zombies

• Options
    I'm not expecting any aliens, ghosts, endings of the world, or whatever.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Well I've been waiting a while now for the final sign to indicate that this time that is The One.

Visiting soulstrut tonight on the trail home tonight and finding out that Macho Man has tapped out for the last time while listening to a mixtape where Rick Ross compare himself to Tupac is as good a sign as I'll ever get. Have to say it takes a big weight of my mind about paying my mortgage, the importance of Lil B's 'gay' album to ternage girls and what lesbian alternative artists really think about Tyler's use of the word faggot. So in that respect I'm all for it being the one this time.

I for one welcome my new apocalyptic overlords.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    This was clearly a sign.

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    NorthernDealer10 said:
    I'm not expecting any aliens, ghosts, endings of the world, or whatever.

Soulone?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    There are billboards about it all over the Bay Area. A local priest is one of the big pushers for the idea that it's the Rapture, which is a popular concept amongst born again Christians. There are whole books about it. Everyone that's saved is going to heaven, everyone else is going to hell.

• motown67 said:
    There are billboards about it all over the Bay Area. A local priest is one of the big pushers for the idea that it's the Rapture, which is a popular concept amongst born again Christians. There are whole books about it. Everyone that's saved is going to heaven, everyone else is going to hell.

While I do believe in the Rapture, I also believe that it will come at the most unsuspecting of times. Even though there will be many worldly events that will point towards the eventual Rapture, the fact that this one man along with a few others have pointed to a specific date in the calendar puzzles me. And it saddens me to see that there are many people selling their possessions to prepare for this event. What are you going to do after you sold your possessions?! You can't buy a new house in Heaven.

And what if nothing happens on THAT DAY?! Not only will I be concerned with the people who now have little to no possessions, I will also be concerned for the many who wholeheartedly believe that come morrow there will be no more Earth. Will this fracture their faith?! Will it make them look deeper into the Word to gain a clearer understanding of what is to come before the Second Coming?! Will they enter a depression or commit suicide?! Will they be able to handle the retalliation of mockers and scoffers?!

All I can really do is pray for what is to come. I know not the day or the hour, but I know that after tomorrow there will be many who will need the kind of support that the Millerites never had in 1844.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    This generation shall not pass.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    is this Central Standard Time or what? I got some errands Im hoping to finish before midnight.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

• Options
    With any luck this ridiculous episode in the history of human stupidity will result in some cheesed-off believers abandoning their inane fantasies once and for all. I know more than a few former fundies who woke up as a result of being fed one lie too many.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    If this thing goes down, I'm glad I had souvlaki from the cart guy for dinner. That shit was good. Anyone got an ETA for tomorrow? I'd like to fit in an omelet in the morning if at all possible.

pretty sure I heard the hour would be 6PM Pacific time?

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    You know, I'm kinda hoping this shit is real just so idiots like this vanish from the planet.

keep a look out for a cloud the size of man's hand

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    WE'RE ALL F'N SCREWED!!!!!

what? oh. rapTURE. got it.

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    If this thing goes down, I'm glad I had souvlaki from the cart guy for dinner. That shit was good. Anyone got an ETA for tomorrow? I'd like to fit in an omelet in the morning if at all possible.

There will be omelet stations on the escalator to heaven...cash bar.

• Options
    funky16corners said:
    DB_Cooper said:

It's a naked ascent. Wallets and cash get LEFT BEHIND.

NomoreGarciaparra said:
    funky16corners said:
    DB_Cooper said:

It's a naked ascent. Wallets and cash get LEFT BEHIND.

I DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN A HEAVEN WITH A CASH BAR

• It's supposed to start at 6pm in each time zone, one hour at a time ... cause you know, when god created Earth, he also set up time zones.

How about THIS GUY???

TheeeCasualMale said:
    It's supposed to start at 6pm in each time zone, one hour at a time ... cause you know, when god created Earth, he also set up time zones.

How about THIS GUY???

Oh snap! I've been seeing those ads, but I assumed they were for a novel that was using the whole idea as a fictional premise. That's just sad.

• Options
    DB_Cooper said:
    TheeeCasualMale said:
    It's supposed to start at 6pm in each time zone, one hour at a time ... cause you know, when god created Earth, he also set up time zones.

How about THIS GUY???

Oh snap! I've been seeing those ads, but I assumed they were for a novel that was using the whole idea as a fictional premise. That's just sad.

I like how they peg the crucifixion as having happened on April 1st, 33 AD.

Has Christinsanity been one big April Fool's Day gag all along?

• day said:
    You know, I'm kinda hoping this shit is real just so idiots like this vanish from the planet.

Agreed, however I took a break from the darkroom today to grab one last big mac, just in case.

:roar:

• just wondering, but if these people who were so convinced that today was the rapture find themselves still here tomorrow, will they think it's because they were wrong, or that they weren't "chosen"?

NomoreGarciaparra said:
    funky16corners said:
    DB_Cooper said:

It's a naked ascent. Wallets and cash get LEFT IN YOUR BEHIND. GOD DIDN'T GIVE YOU AN ASS-CRACK FOR NOTHING.

neil_something said:
    just wondering, but if these people who were so convinced that today was the rapture find themselves still here tomorrow, will they think it's because they were wrong, or that they weren't "chosen"?

Those people clearly don't do a whole lot of thinking.