Buying records on ebay while drunk

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
How do you think I ended up with Placebo - ball of eyes?

Comments

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    drunk is far less dangerous than stony.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Almost ended up with a Les Baxter 10" for way too much and plus the p&p from Australia. Thankfully someone outbid me.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I once placed a 1499.00 US Dollar bid on one of beatdawg auctions. I meant to type in 14.99 USD, but logged into the US eBay. Europeans write 14,99 as 14.99. eBay.com doesn't read the , in 14,99, so I ended up bidding for 1499! And guess what. I won the auction!

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Drink Record Buying.

It's a crime.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    That's just about as dangerous as posting on a message board when completely drunk out of your mind and I've occasionaly fallen victim to both.
    Who doesn't know this deep feeling of shame you wake up with the next morning to face the ugly aftermath.

I thought about figuring out a way to hook up a breathalizer with my computer to deny access at a certain degree of drunkenness.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I thought about figuring out a way to hook up a breathalizer with my computer to deny access at a certain degree of drunkenness.

fortunately I don't think about going online if I'm actually drunk - I've got other things on my mind...

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    There's one dangerous store in Manhattan (on Avenue A I think) that's open all night. I stumbled in there once at 4AM and bought a $15 copy of the Arthur Brown LP which isn't too bad a price. Luckily their selection isn't too great because at 4AM they all looked great to me.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

Who doesn't know this deep feeling of shame you wake up with the next morning to face the ugly aftermath.

Oh yes, know it well!!!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    drunk one night

woke up to puke, couldn't get back to sleep circa 4 AM

went to check ebay

got in on a sick hip-hop auction with 2 minutes left. for $50 I got:

-og illmatic
    -adventures of slick rick
    -liquid swordz
    -doubles of "white lines"
    -doubles of "can i get a soul clap"

and at least 10 random singles, which I can't remember.

it was a good haul. yay serendipity.