Any solo Zeppelin filed?

white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central
You guys file any solo Page, Plant, Bonham or related? All I have is the main studio albums and just wondering if there is anything else that's essential. A few years ago, I bought my dad the album Page did with Alison Krauss, but that's as close as I got.

Comments

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    The (unused) Jimmy Page soundtrack to Lucifer Rising is pretty cool, but not as good as the Bobby Beausoleil.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I wouldn't mind a copy of the LP with "big log" on it, but I never look for it.

The only thing I have besides the group lps is the lord Sutch with page/bonham.

On second thought I have lots of stuff with page as a session dude...

• Yardbirds...

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Robert Plant did a cool song with Alexis Korner called Operator. I couldn't youtube it. It's on this record.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I don't see why someone would consider any of the stuff they did before LZ as solo records, so...

No.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I had a cassingle of Robert Plant and the Honeydrippers doing "Sea of Love."

I lost it.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    How about some Bonzo braeks ?

John Bonham Outtakes

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    bull_ox said:
    I don't see why someone would consider any of the stuff they did before LZ as solo records, so...

No.

And I wouldn't count anything they did afterwards as part of a band, either (like the eternally-lame Honeydrippers). So, double no. And as far as the actual solo rekkids...not into filing copies of "In The Mood" or the soundtrack to Death Wish II.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Not feeling 29 Parms?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

fuck yeah.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts

came across this a year ago or so..never seen or heard of it before

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    ive got most of it but dont recommend most of it.

the first few solo plant records are quality recordings. phil collins drumming good.

the firm is no good. (take the guy who sang "alright now" and team with jimmy page, and results...... are the most tepid of tepid - why?)

joahn paul jones is now in them crooked vultures which is ok but mostly too busy and noisy for my tastes.

coverdale/page is the absolute worst. no i dont own it!

pre zep page/yardbirds is of course all great.

there are better Bonham drum tracks from earlier albums by the way. i used the drums from "ramble on" on my last ablumm.

speaking of rambling, i am. so ill stop.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:

came across this a year ago or so..never seen or heard of it before

Please to ask DB Cooper: http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/69460/

• mateomateo 163 Posts
    not solo, but the no quarter unleded mtv record is killer i think...