Your Shit List

Comments

• Options
    Urban runoff.

But, most off ALL when Harley D deuces at night in hard-to-find areas. Examples are in the ivy, in oak tree litter, and on steep slopes.

C'MON guyyyyy!!! I can't even find that $h*t with my homemade LED Deuce Finder 2000...much less get it with my notquite-wideenough English muffin bag.

;)

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Mississippi drivers...always gummin up the works on Memphis streets with their slow-ass, lane drifting, no blinker using, red light running dipshit selves. Mississippi plates=shitty driver

neighbors that leave their dogs outside in the rain and freezing weather. Fuck you.

The many, many people I've encountered after the Ben Weasel incident at SXSW that have defended hitting women because "if women claim to be equal to men, then they should have to be able to/ have to take a punch from a man" SERIOUSLY. At first I was shocked...flabbergasted at the couple responses like that, but there are more stupid people in the world and within my social circles that feel that way. Fuck 'em.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    People that can't figure out self-checkout.

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    people who describe someone elses character or personality as 'bubbly'. it doesn't mean anything and it's a stupid word.

influential people who talk about things as if they are an expert, but are so badly ill informed. other people believing them and spreading the same bullshit, thinking they are now an expert, when they are just plain wrong.

politicians who live in a fantasy world from everyone else and waste our taxes, get in the way of progress, and meddle in our lives to make it more difficult.

lack of understanding and education in the scientific method, the nature of evidence, logic, and reason.

creationists

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    People who refer to themselves as "quirky" like it's something hip to be proud of.

This word pops up 29 times in the Chicago Reader online personals. I'm surprised it didn't turn up more than that. I'd consider that a warning sign, since "quirky" doesn't return phone calls on time.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Oh, and enforced ads on youtube videos.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    The many, many people I've encountered after the Ben Weasel incident at SXSW that have defended hitting women because "if women claim to be equal to men, then they should have to be able to/ have to take a punch from a man" SERIOUSLY. At first I was shocked...flabbergasted at the couple responses like that, but there are more stupid people in the world and within my social circles that feel that way. Fuck 'em.

Damn, really? I was glad that I never was a fan of that band after seeing that. I even spent the time to read the guy's "apology" on his website after hearing what went down and, reading it, actually made the situation look worse. So "in the spirit" of that, I will post the apology and add to my shit list people who "apologize" while doing nothing of the sort, i.e. I am sorry what I did made you feel those feelings. And, yeah, punching a chick in the face -- how punk rock.

I want to apologize to both the club owner and audience member involved for my actions during our show at SXSW on Friday night. While their actions were outside of my control, my regretful reaction is wholly my responsibility. Whatever my feelings are about fans crossing the line like that, I wish I could have that moment back and deal with it in the same spirit as I did the preceding 60 minutes. Since I can???t, an apology is all I???ve got and I sincerely hope those people will accept it. Up front, I wish to say that I am sorry to the fan and any others who were involved. As a husband, father, and a musician on the public stage, I understand that it is my duty to always take responsibility for my actions in a socially acceptable way, and most especially in the face of confrontation.???

What a dick.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    soulone said:
    Urban runoff.

But, most off ALL when Harley D deuces at night in hard-to-find areas. Examples are in the ivy, in oak tree litter, and on steep slopes.

C'MON guyyyyy!!! I can't even find that $h*t with my homemade LED Deuce Finder 2000...much less get it with my notquite-wideenough English muffin bag.

;)

poasts i can't understand. wth?

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    JusMe said:
    people who cant seem to figure out how to use ATMs

i work for a company that installs ATMs and the best was last week there was an unhooked ATM sitting on the lift of a truck and a woman came up and tried putting her card into the machine. the techs just watched her and finally after her third try she turned and asked what was wrong with the ATM?...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    jaymack said:
    soulone said:
    Urban runoff.

;)

I think he's talking about his dog shitting where he can't find the turdpile.

• Options
    jaymack said:

Sorry for the ambiguity.

Urban runoff:
    Water that runs off rooftops, roads, parking lots, and sidewalks that tends to pick up gasoline, motor oil, heavy metals, road salts, trash and other pollutants as it channels into storm drains and other watercourses. Sometimes the runoff is warm and the can cause thermal pollution. Fish and other organisms may be shocked, even killed, by sudden bursts of hot water.

Elusive Harley D. Deuces:
    Harley D is and dog and we are furry companions. We have fun together and walk around a lot. Since this is a shit list I thought it would be appropriate to mention his, sometimes intentional, elusive pooing. This is where he goes off onto some super steep slope, or dense ivy patch, or pile of camouflaged oak leaves and acorns to doo-doo. And at night and in front of this group of granny that call themselves, "The Friends Of The Arboretum." Naturally, I have my LED lamp and English muffin baggy, but doesn't stop me from occasionally steppin' in it or being eluded by it.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    jinx74 said:
    JusMe said:
    people who cant seem to figure out how to use ATMs

i work for a company that installs ATMs and the best was last week there was an unhooked ATM sitting on the lift of a truck and a woman came up and tried putting her card into the machine. the techs just watched her and finally after her third try she turned and asked what was wrong with the ATM?...

Holy shit, this is hilarious. A video accompaniment would be awesome.
    Is it ok if I don't use self checkouts because I don't want to, although I know how to use them? I feel since I don't wear a supermarket/dept store smock that I shouldn't have to check myself out. Plus finding codes for produce is annoying.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    i hate writing experimentals. i especially hate analyzing spectroscopic data.

/scientist problems.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    soulone said:
    jaymack said:

Sorry for the ambiguity.

Urban runoff:
    Water that runs off rooftops, roads, parking lots, and sidewalks that tends to pick up gasoline, motor oil, heavy metals, road salts, trash and other pollutants as it channels into storm drains and other watercourses. Sometimes the runoff is warm and the can cause thermal pollution. Fish and other organisms may be shocked, even killed, by sudden bursts of hot water.

Elusive Harley D. Deuces:
    Harley D is and dog and we are furry companions. We have fun together and walk around a lot. Since this is a shit list I thought it would be appropriate to mention his, sometimes intentional, elusive pooing. This is where he goes off onto some super steep slope, or dense ivy patch, or pile of camouflaged oak leaves and acorns to doo-doo. And at night and in front of this group of granny that call themselves, "The Friends Of The Arboretum." Naturally, I have my LED lamp and English muffin baggy, but doesn't stop me from occasionally steppin' in it or being eluded by it.

Hah my first thought were bikers riding on dangerous roads

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    People who think they are funny.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Disco 7"s if there is a 12" version.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    Space invaders

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    white_tea said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

Damn, really? I was glad that I never was a fan of that band after seeing that. I even spent the time to read the guy's "apology" on his website after hearing what went down and, reading it, actually made the situation look worse. So "in the spirit" of that, I will post the apology and add to my shit list people who "apologize" while doing nothing of the sort, i.e. I am sorry what I did made you feel those feelings. And, yeah, punching a chick in the face -- how punk rock.

I want to apologize to both the club owner and audience member involved for my actions during our show at SXSW on Friday night. While their actions were outside of my control, my regretful reaction is wholly my responsibility. Whatever my feelings are about fans crossing the line like that, I wish I could have that moment back and deal with it in the same spirit as I did the preceding 60 minutes. Since I can???t, an apology is all I???ve got and I sincerely hope those people will accept it. Up front, I wish to say that I am sorry to the fan and any others who were involved. As a husband, father, and a musician on the public stage, I understand that it is my duty to always take responsibility for my actions in a socially acceptable way, and most especially in the face of confrontation.???

What a dick.

I'll put in the whole new tendency of 'non-apologies' that actually just blame others and don't take any responsibility at all.

Such as:

"Liberty star Cappie Pondexter apologized Monday for insinuating on Twitter that Japan was to blame for the destruction of last week's earthquake and tsunami.

Over the weekend, Pondexter tweeted: "What if God was tired of the way they treated their own people in there own country! Idk guys he makes no mistakes."

And then:

"u just never knw! They did pearl harbor so u can't expect anything less."

In one exchange with an offended reader, she used a derogatory term for Japanese people. After facing mounting criticism, Pondexter backtracked.

"I wanna apologize to anyone I may hurt or offended during this tragic time," she tweeted Monday. "I didn't realize that my words could be interpreted in the manner which they were. People that knw me would tell u 1st hand I'm a very spiritual person and believe that everything, even disasters happen 4 a reason and that God will shouldn't be questioned but this is a very sensitive subject at a very tragic time and I shouldn't even have given a reason for the choice of words I used."

In other words it wasn't her fault - it was the fault of the people who interpreted her comments the way they did. Real spiritual.

• Any local radio commercial with local written jingle, doesn't matter what city.

ESPN seeming more like TMZ every day.

Tennessee Ernie Ford.

My neighbor's girlfriend's broken down car parked outside my house for weeks.

And cell phone oglers walking into me.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    white_tea said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

What a dick.

I'll put in the whole new tendency of 'non-apologies' that actually just blame others and don't take any responsibility at all.

Such as:

"Liberty star Cappie Pondexter apologized Monday for insinuating on Twitter that Japan was to blame for the destruction of last week's earthquake and tsunami.

Over the weekend, Pondexter tweeted: "What if God was tired of the way they treated their own people in there own country! Idk guys he makes no mistakes."

And then:

"u just never knw! They did pearl harbor so u can't expect anything less."

In one exchange with an offended reader, she used a derogatory term for Japanese people. After facing mounting criticism, Pondexter backtracked.

"I wanna apologize to anyone I may hurt or offended during this tragic time," she tweeted Monday. "I didn't realize that my words could be interpreted in the manner which they were. People that knw me would tell u 1st hand I'm a very spiritual person and believe that everything, even disasters happen 4 a reason and that God will shouldn't be questioned but this is a very sensitive subject at a very tragic time and I shouldn't even have given a reason for the choice of words I used."

In other words it wasn't her fault - it was the fault of the people who interpreted her comments the way they did. Real spiritual.

phony apologies suck...

anyone who apogizes with "I'm sorry if you had a problem with that" is a dick... adding "IF" to an apology leaves people with that moral loophole that maybe they didn't do anything wrong...

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    "friends" who borrow money with no intention of ever paying it back.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    White people who say hip-hop isn't what it used to be in that snooty, dismissive manner, who are still hanging onto their "4 elements" litmus test as their feeble bridge to justify hating on "ghetto" black folks having fun with their own music. Seriously white people, how does your interest in hip-hop lead you to hate on more blacks than it manages to endear to you? Plaese to go back to the drawing board.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    patronizing white people who think they are different from other white people

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    white people

• I'm on my own shit list cause I'm a whitey.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    people

People who bring me bad news with a smile.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Soulhawk said:
    Okem said:
    the new poasters on ss.

shit is an fuckin' embarrassment

Soulhawk said:
    patronizing white people who think they are different from other white people

Yes and yes.

Furthermore:

- Tom Skilling. Yeah, still. I was even kinda happy when his brother caught that case, which is very unlike me.

- Parents who refer to one of their kids as "a surprise" or "an accident" right there in front of the kid

- Dudes who say "I love women"

- Chicago-style hot dogs. Shit's like gnawing on a forearm that's got a salad on top.

- People who relish their image of themselves as "straight-talkers" to such an extent that they can't be bothered with manners or tact. "Hey, I speak freely and bluntly--I tell it like it is, no sugar-coating, and will not hesitate to call someone on their bullshit. I'm a truth-teller." Oh, I'm glad you said something--I had you mistaken for a juvenile, self-involved fuckhead who is unable to naviagate with any grace the nuances of adult social interaction. My bad.

- Authors who put their very lengthy and involved acknowledgements at the front of the book, on some tacky, in-love-with-my-process shit

- Off-beat b-boying executed with great dramatic flair during inappropriate songs. I understand that dudes are, you know, just pumped to be dancing, man, but come the fuck on.

- jellyfish

- Dave Eggers

- Parents who give their kids affected, fucked-up names, followed closely by parents who give their kid a normal name but then use some fucked-up diminutive. Your kid's name is Joseph and you're calling him "Seffy?" Cripes.

- Mis-pressed Jamaican 45s that are supposed to have the version on the b-side but instead have some old bullshit

- Dudes who refer to barbecue as "'cue"

- Dads posted up in the gangster stance at the school playground, trying to look thuggish ruggish while tending a Hello Kitty backpack. Grow up already, folk.

- As previously discussed, people who, in response to "What kind of music do you like?" answer "I like good music."

- All those shitty, boys-club/barfly beatnik/Bukowski (both actual and -inspired) books that effete dudes aspiring to some imagined vitality are always trying to tallk to me about. I'd like to compile it all into one monolithic shitty book--entitled Ham Jazz, perhaps--and feed it to a fucking woodchipper.

- Grown-ups who still think that pimp culture is at all romantic or cool or funny. "Funny hats, yo! Check my goblet, son!" You're suckers, every one of you.

- People who call me "Jim"

- All these white dudes in my neighborhood who seem to have married Asian women mostly as the extension of some personal aesthetic. Through no fault of my own I've ended up talking to a number of these fuckers, and the details of relationship clearly mean less to them than the fact that they're now allowed to take their shoes off in a restaurant. Any restaurant.

- Any person in a record store who's not me

- Me

People who call me "Jim"

This doesn't bother me, but looking back on my college years, this was really popular with my college professors, for some reason. Seems like every other teacher was all too willing to change my slave name from "James" to "Jim."

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    pickwick33 said:
    People who call me "Jim"

This doesn't bother me, but looking back on my college years, this was really popular with my college professors, for some reason. Seems like every other teacher was all too willing to change my slave name from "James" to "Jim."

I wouldnt call that act on "my shit list" but i dont like when someone who doesnt know me call me Dave.

My name is David, you can call your doorman or some little kid a shortened version of their name, but show me full respect when addressing me. You wouldnt call your Boss or authority figure by anything but their proper name.
    Its a subtle inferiority type move. Your noyt seeing me as a whole. Youve turned my shit into cutesy shortened version because you see me as that.
    I dont refer to myself as Dave Walker. My voicemail aint Dave Walker. Only my momma and my old school folks call me Dave.

Get it right bitch.