• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    These as well.
    Attached files

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    InnerSpace said:
    Horseleech said:
    Reynaldo said:
    According to Jazzdisco.com, parts of Lift Every Voice were recorded in May 1969 and March 1970; Moon Rappin' was recorded in December 1969.

http://www.jazzdisco.org/blue-note-records/discography-1969-1970/

Read closer - the '70 session cuts are only extra cuts on the CD.

Some place claim a 1970 release and others '69, I'm believing the '69.

Good call. I concede. But I honestly might start a thread about the amazing Blue Notes from 1968 and 69. Two incredible years for them.

I have an issue of Down Beat from spring 1970 that has an ad for the new LP's from Blue Note/Solid State/World Pacific Jazz (all distributed by Liberty/UA). Both Moon Rappin' and Lift Every Voice were featured along with a few others.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts

Horace Silvers output was quite strong throughout his recording career.

Can't understand why people keep shrugging off the Blue Note 70s as terdery. There are not more or less terds on 70s Blue Note as an on any other label that size.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    disco_che said:

Can't understand why people keep shrugging off the Blue Note 70s as terdery. There are not more or less terds on 70s Blue Note as an on any other label that size.

yep, nonsense. I'd say the 70s blue note releases probably mean more to me in a private mind garden capacity than the 60s/50s stuff. Fancy Dancer, Music Is My Sanctuary, Astral Signal, Street Lady and the like, such enjoyable records, such inventive production techniques. Yes it's pop but there's no need to be dismissive of it.

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    Gene Harris-Tone Tantrum