March Finds

BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
edited March 2011 in Strut Central
Here's a few things I've picked up the past few days. Nothing major. A few nice drum braeks though.

The Tim Tukker is sealed. I don't know anything about that dude. Is it anything special that I shouldn't open it or is it just a sealed turd?

Comments

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    some
    Attached files

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    more
    Attached files

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    A few more things I just picked up from a spot close to my house.

• leonleon 883 Posts

• 50 Cents a piece.

The 2 singles are Keni Burke "Rising To The Top" and First Choice - "Let No Man Put Asunder" (mixes by Frankie Knuckles and Shep Pettibone).

*edit* don't know why the first 2 are smaller, but they're in full on my blog brucegeetz.blogspot.com

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Jamal said:
    some

Finds, now in CINEMASCOPE

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

got this a little while ago, but never got around to posting it.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    the_dL said:

Great record.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    mostly march (a few february) purchases.

99 cent ebay find.

found this today. semi-local private rock with horns. check out this smoking cover of eleanor rigby...
    http://www.mediafire.com/?rksou91hlwmnozo

Attached files #2.jpg" style="max-width:300px" />

Attached files #3.jpg" style="max-width:300px" /> #2.jpg" style="max-width:300px" />

Attached files #4.jpg" style="max-width:300px" /> #5.jpg" style="max-width:300px" />

Attached files #2.jpg" style="max-width:300px" /> #2.jpg" style="max-width:300px" />

Attached files #4.jpg" style="max-width:300px" /> #3.jpg" style="max-width:300px" />

Attached files #2.jpg" style="max-width:300px" /> #2.jpg" style="max-width:300px" />

Attached files #3.jpg" style="max-width:300px" />

Attached files #5.jpg" style="max-width:300px" />

Attached files #4.jpg" style="max-width:300px" /> #3.jpg" style="max-width:300px" />

Attached files #3.jpg" style="max-width:300px" />

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    One-off A&M oddity: Calypso-rock song about the Pacific coast sinking into the ocean. Both sides have steel drums.

I found a handful of Fania singles and Ecuadorean 45s yesterday afternoon.

Garage rock w/ open drums

...and some 16mm reels which I presume is a vacation film of a man's travels to Iceland and Asia circa 1989. This was only a quarter of the stash I found at the thirft store. I'm guessing this guy was cleaning out his collection? http://rickrayfilms.com/

• good day at the flea market. a handful of these are doubles i will add to my trade list.

[

crazy flea market finds, what pressing is the grant green? and holluer if you want to flip the sun ra

Cosmophonic said:
    the_dL said:

Great record.

definitely feeling it, was well worth the $20 or so it cost me!

• the_dL said:
    crazy flea market finds, what pressing is the grant green?

mal waldron "the call" is actually an ebay find- such a great record, top marks! but yeah, pretty hot for the flea market here.i think that grant green is a nm og, but i can never really tell with blue note. its up on my trade list if you're interested...

:

• Found sealed copies of 10 different albums on Carole King's tax scam label, Tomorrow Records. Goliath (great prog-ish album), Maverick (psych), Tom Ed, The Newborn, Former Members of N.Y. Rock Ensemble, Johnny Gibson, Joey Dee, and Hot Ice.

Also found these:

Can - Ege Bamyasi Okraschoten OG
    Penumbra - In Touch
    Bill Reddie - Empathy (PINA related)
    The Moments - Greatest Hits (the earlier Stang label)
    Jazz Rock Fusion - a cassette on the Contessa label (various artists tape with some Ahmad Jamal funky action along with some others) (this one is ungooglable to my knowledge and I love it)

Not a bad Saturday and everything was $.75 per.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Rock where do you live? You consistently pull the best looking shit -- there's nothing you've thrown up over the past couple of months that I wouldn't have purchased myself. Mad jelly over here.