~Poast a Photo of You KILLING IT in Real Life~!

Comments

• bassie said:
    what was the name of the band??

monster magnet?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    bassie said:

monster magnet?

oh shit! lmho - if that was true!
    I DJed at an after-hours for a summer and played decidely non-MM music. This extremely drunk gal started kicking the booth and swearing at me because I wouldn't play Monster Magnet. It nearly came to blows lol
    Her very apologetic friend eventually led her away.

• crabmongerfunk said:
    bassie said:

monster magnet?

Ha! No, but Tom does look a bit like Dave Wyndorf.

The band was Angel Rot and I am the less awesome looking dude on the right, that's Tom 5 (OG guitarist for White Zombie) on the left. I used to have photos that featured me shredding more but an old girlfriend took them when we split. Now that I am older and way less cool, I kind of wish I had them back.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    crabmongerfunk said:
    bassie said:

monster magnet?

Ha! No, but Tom does look a bit like Dave Wyndorf.

The band was Angel Rot and I am the less awesome looking dude on the right, that's Tom 5 (OG guitarist for White Zombie) on the left. I used to have photos that featured me shredding more but an old girlfriend took them when we split. Now that I am older and way less cool, I kind of wish I had them back.

How unshred of her

• jjfad027 said:

HE FROLFS
    HE SCORES

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    2011:

Bonus 1990 Beat:

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    going for a swim when a bus with 30 australian bikinimodels pulled up for a photoshoot (true)

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    2011:

:beerbang:

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:

:beerbang:

here is video from that same show - you can see me at the beginning looking rather chubby and drunk:

• bump

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Lamont said:
    going for a swim when a bus with 30 australian bikinimodels pulled up for a photoshoot (true)

fuck I love australia for this reason...

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    2013 is going to be the year!

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts

landed that shit

• got hitched. Handful of strutters in attendance! Doc Delay on DJ duties!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

Oh snap. Post up you doin' flips off of shit or you're soft post!

Cuba, off the 3rd level of some lame tourist cruise up the river.

Eggplant Xanadoo said:

landed that shit

EGGPLANT XANADU

Poasting from my old stomping grounds in East Boston, no less. WTFusk?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Here I am playing my set at the NJ-NY-PA Soul Strut Spin Party at the crib back in March (2012):

In this 2nd photo, I'm on the right, faded like a high-and-tight, while Jonny was puttin' me up on the raer. This is at the 2011 WFMU party at Good Records NYC. That Gran Marnier was no joke, whew!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• what is it with this place and redheads?

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I think I kill it most in real life on rocks.

This summer I put up a new and mildly badass route in Killarney Provincial Park in Ontario. Three pitches and a stout 5.10 R. Dan Zack and Kevin Worthington, First Ascent. Very proud of this.

Last spring I climbed the Rainbow Wall, just outside of Vegas. Straight up the middle:

A highlight was the bivy at the base of the wall. Best room in Vegas. Seriously.

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    Big up DB Cooper...where you at now son?

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    These are from last winters trip to Battle Abbey, a back country cabin located in the Selkirk range, a 15 min heli ride south of Golden BC. All ski touring: skin up ski down. The cabin is in the top left of the first pick. I've been going back here as a worker and a skier on and off since I was 15.

The view from the summit of Mt Typee, the Battle Range. The ski down to the valley from here takes > 1hr , 4500ft drop

I'm going back out and the end of Feb with my Bro and 2 cousins and I can't wait. I've started getting my sorry ass in shape.... :-S

• WHAT UP

b/w

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    me in high school ::CHICK MAGNET::

from the time I was talked into taking part in a reenactment for a documentary about the whaling industry in 19th century America

Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    Big up DB Cooper...where you at now son?

North of NYC in Putnam County, NY. It's a lot more rural than Eastie. I miss the steak burritos at Restaurante El Buen Gusto in Day Square, though. And the seafood at Belle Isle Seafood just over the bridge in Winthrop. Bourdain stopped there in his Boston episode of No Reservations. Good stuff.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    found this in the ol' archive today:

from the time Jorge Ben showed up at the Brazilian Beat Brooklyn party at Black Betty. Life has been downhill ever since, really.