Soundblaster help needed!

edubedub 715 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
So, I moved my SB Platinum Live Drive (with the front panel) to another computer.I have my turntables/mixer hooked up through the AUX2 inputs in the panel, but I can't find the settings in the volume window, so there's no sound coming through.I vaguely remember someone asking a similar question a long time ago, and I think I might have even answered the question back then; alas, I can not for the life of me figure out the method to get the thing working.Anyone got a solution?

Comments

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    this is not meant to be patronizing, but have you installed the sound blaster drivers? My SB has a stand alone mixer that has more settings than the windows standard, and that can fuck it all up.

hope that was of some help

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/index.php?skip=1

use the kxproject drivers. you'll get much better latency and they're much more flexible.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    i have a soundblaster platinum, and it doesnt work, bleh...it just makes crazy noises when i play music in anything besides winamp or itunes...shits garbage.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    shits garbage.

hmm, now my computer won't boot up (the same reason I switched to a different computer). It jsut puts out a series of beeps, and sits there with a black screen.

I'm thinking it might be a bad card that's fucking everything up, since it happens with two different computers.

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    shits garbage.

hmm, now my computer won't boot up (the same reason I switched to a different computer). It jsut puts out a series of beeps, and sits there with a black screen.

I'm thinking it might be a bad card that's fucking everything up, since it happens with two different computers.

could be a bad card, you checked your connections? SB's can be a bitch to install sometimes, although I would call em garbage