Flava's newest disgrace...

2»

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    batmon said:
    mrboogieman88 said:
    It's more the idea that the restaurant is taking marketing/advertising cues from KFC. I'm not saying open up a super up scale fine dining fried chicken place, I'm just saying maybe don't start your business by reminding me of some weak ass fried chicken place where the chicken is dry as fuck because it's been sitting in a warmer for 2 hours.

Is KFC money not green?

IF YOU CUT THEIR CHICKENS, DO THEY NOT BLEED?

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    though it sounds ridiculous, clinton is between mpls and chi and the next time i go to chi, i'm pickin up some of flav's chicken.

bassie said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    He has a culinary degree and restaurant experience

LOL - I'd like some more information about his "restaurant experience"

Clearly the man knows the culinary arts???his name is Flava. FLAVA!

• trzakhstantrzakhstan IA 198 Posts
    I will try to check this place out when I am there next week.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    You know what time it is...

open until?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I want a national commercial NOW!!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    batmon said:
    I want a national commercial NOW!!

I see it being like this:

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Apropros of the subject, I'd be much obliged if one of you folks would care to opine on the subject of halal chicken.

My works canteen has introduced 'halal only' chicken on they signature Thursday curry menu, at the behest of a small but influential cadre of muslim dudes.

Once this had been advertised thus, a larger cadre of atheists and non-specific theists decided this was worthy of teh boycott, notwithstanding their lust for the curry, said to be addictive and the subject of much drooling in the a.m. on the day of Thor.

Now some of these dudes - I estimate 10-20 per cent - are on the 'I aint eating no terrorist food' tip.
    The other 80-90 per cent are straight up, fully paid, leather elbow-patch rockin', 24 carat, weapons grade hardcore right-on dudes of impeccable left-leaning liberal credentials.

Dudes swear that halal equals cruel.

I don't give a damn either way especially, but would like to be able to convincingly argue the opposite p.o.v. of whatever faction I am discussing it with at any given point. Contrarian/provocateur-R. Please help.

By the way, this Flav dude is the one with the big clock, no?

That's got to chafe the raspberries.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    skel said:

Dudes swear that halal equals cruel.

Forcing religion on anything stupid enough to believe it is cruel :freeway:

General LoL. Skel FTW

In reference to a chicken, halal just means it was slaughtered in accordance with the methods approved by the Koran. That generally just means its throat was cut to kill it. I don't think that's really any worse than most non-halal methods of killing chickens for to eat. It's not like Jesus-fearing dudes are hugging their chickens to death.

• lol at "in iowa" and wtf to "has a culinary degree and restaurant experience" o_O

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    skel said:

I don't give a damn either way especially, but would like to be able to convincingly argue the opposite p.o.v. of whatever faction I am discussing it with at any given point. Contrarian/provocateur-R. Please help.

Chickens have a right to practice their religion of choice unmolested.

Buuuut...

Atheists have a right to eat un-enlightened chickens (I hear the supermarkets pump them frozen things with water to add weight, and therefor cost, maybe spirituality, and the burden of choice re: good vs evil weighs heavy on those poor chickens).

• Options
    Halal = kosher as far as slaughtering methods go.