put the music where your mouth is... first BEAT THREAD of 2011

Comments

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    soulstrut needs to do another record. it's been too long since the last one.

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    damms said:
    dil withers said:
    heres a link to my first beat tape: www.fleecebeats.bandcamp.com

PEACE YA'LL.!

-dee
    I'll give it a listen. is your login name a nod to the Madlib album ?
    alright listening atm
    a great deal of your vibe reminds me of Kankick who's one of my 3 fav beatmakers ever.
    so Im really liking what I hear so far
    painted plaques is everything I like about this style

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    damms said:
    damms said:
    dil withers said:
    heres a link to my first beat tape: www.fleecebeats.bandcamp.com

PEACE YA'LL.!

-dee
    alright listening atm
    a great deal of your vibe reminds me of Kankick who's one of my 3 fav beatmakers ever.

kankick one of your top 3? wow. not hating. just amazed. s'all good!

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    jammy said:

kankick one of your top 3? wow. not hating. just amazed. s'all good!

absolutely. it takes time to really appreciate his craft which is quite ironical given how simple it might appear at first glance but most guys who are into beat-making know what I'm talking about

• damms said:
    damms said:

Yes, it is! Went by fleece for awhile, but felt that was more descriptive of the music I make so i switched it up.
    somewhat inspired by how slum village got their name from 'butter' by atcq..

alright listening atm

Thanks yo! kan kick is one of my favorite producers on the low, i really dig the way that he leaves so much space in a beat but switches it up, as well as the loops he flips and vocal snippets. & i appreciate the love on that track, it was somewhat overlooked by many i've showed the tape to but one of my favorites.

do you make beats? if you dig kankick, i know we come from a similar space if you do. i'm tryna hear something!

• Jamal said:

Holy SHIT man, this is so rad!! Beats are on point as well. Never heard anything quite like what you've got going on which is great. Where'd you get all that footage?! such a dope idea for a beat tape/compilation, i must add

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    dil withers said:

do you make beats? if you dig kankick, i know we come from a similar space if you do. i'm tryna hear something!
    nah not really. I just mess around with loops and occasional chops. nothing serious
    if u have some time to waste: http://soundcloud.com/chillhood

• Jamal said:

all 9:38 of this is fucking en fuego.

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    Jamal has some serious chopping skills

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    thanks guys.
    yeah Dil.. I gotta big ass dvd and vhs collection..

• EscalanteEscalante 197 Posts
    I lurk but never post...But here's a couple remixes off my ASR-X and one I did in Live...The remixes came straight off the ASR and ran the acapella over 'em and 2 tracked into Sound Forge. Not the best mix but you get the idea.

MVP (RTC Shogun Remix) by rtc shogun

Ms. Fat Booty (RTC Shogun Remix) by rtc shogun

Quality Control (RTC Shogun Remix) by rtc shogun

Live by rtc shogun

• EscalanteEscalante 197 Posts
    Jamal said:
    thanks guys.
    yeah Dil.. I gotta big ass dvd and vhs collection..

Damn...Really feeling these...

• Escalante said:
    I lurk but never post...But here's a couple remixes off my ASR-X and one I did in Live...The remixes came straight off the ASR and ran the acapella over 'em and 2 tracked into Sound Forge. Not the best mix but you get the idea.

MVP (RTC Shogun Remix) by rtc shogun

Ms. Fat Booty (RTC Shogun Remix) by rtc shogun

Quality Control (RTC Shogun Remix) by rtc shogun

Live by rtc shogun

all dope, quality control i enjoy the most. kudos.

*edit* 200th Post!!! ^^

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    I try to learn all this shit and this is far from beeing finished. Some feedback how to improve things would be helpful.

Gerald Wildenauer - Desire (work in progress) by finelikewine

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    glad i peeped. jamal is on fire in here. dig your style.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    Keep It Alive Kero One dL remix by Decades
    this one is actually a couple of years old, but a friend of mine asked me to get him a decent quality rip for him to play via miscrowave so i tidied it up and remixed it a little last week. free 320kb download
    DL and Bass Being Bad by Decades
    this one is also from a few years ago, but i just came across it again
    Love Thing remix by Decades
    and this one i made yesterday and wanted to hear it with some vocals on it and have been obsessed with this track lately so I decided i would give it a crack. Not convinced it works, but it helped me get the beat into some sort of arrangement

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

heres mine, i took a bit more of a simpler approach to the sample, Rock may i ask what the name of this track is that the sample came from? i am totally diggin how undocument flipped this...

Cityboy - Rockadelic Paul by dj_cityboy

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Jamal said:

I subscribed to your youtube channel man - i would cop a dvd of this stuff no question. very nice.
    Also, if you dont mind me asking, whats the kungfu joint at 1:02 in the video - im a collector but dont think i know that one

Escalante said:
    lot of great beats in the thread but really feeling this one -damn!

upskiboo those tracks are very nice imo
    also liked this a lot - lovely conti flippings

the_dL said:

• dj_cityboy said:
    Rockadelic said:

heres mine, i took a bit more of a simpler approach to the sample, Rock may i ask what the name of this track is that the sample came from? i am totally diggin how undocument flipped this...

Cityboy - Rockadelic Paul by dj_cityboy

The song is called "Take One Down".

Thanks for the compliment, btw. I like how you kept yours simple, and the drums have a real good sound to them.

There's a lot of great tracks in this thread! Let's keep it going...

^^ awesome man, for the track name and the compliment!

heres another track, more or less thrown together in the heat of the moment lyrics, beat and everything took about 3hrs to do in total, we were going to go back and redo the track completely, but we both liked the sound that we captured, simple loop again that has been used by many other people, i used this mainly for my love of the 3rd..

Cityboy & Johnny Quest - Neck Breaker by dj_cityboy

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    staxwax said:
    Jamal said:

I subscribed to your youtube channel man - i would cop a dvd of this stuff no question. very nice.
    Also, if you dont mind me asking, whats the kungfu joint at 1:02 in the video - im a collector but dont think i know that one

Thanks bro, that kung fu flick is called "evil Cult" if Im not mistaken..

here's another one

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    ah - ok - i think i know it as kung fu cult hero - starring jet li - guess i do have it, just couldnt remember that scene. keep em coming, great vids and beats!

heres a bit of an update to my Rockadelic track..i added some more to it and finalized it for the most part, i might revisit it to add a few more things and do another level check, but for now its done.

Cityboy - Rockadelic Words by dj_cityboy

• Trying to find an emcee aggro and crazy enough for this.

137-titoBEATSaggroAF1 by TITOBEATS

• JamalJamal 410 Posts

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    @ Jamal.. straight KILLIN IT with those vids/ tracks!!!!!!!!