First record you listened to in 2011

2»

Comments

• see avatar!

• axefoley said:
    Just finished moving to my new (solo) spot a few hours ago, 15,000 lps is no joke. Yikes.. I got shuggie inspiration info on the portable right now.. Gotdamn it feels good to be sitting on the couch

congratulations man!

• i was away for the weekend - does this count?

Tavasco

• Ball Of Eyes, I finally got it New Years Eve of 2010 of all times but didn't have a chance to play it till yesterday.......was very surreal

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    wyzewayz said:
    Ball Of Eyes, I finally got it New Years Eve of 2010 of all times but didn't have a chance to play it till yesterday.......was very surreal

Hey Wyzeways,

That's great, mane!!! I hope to make that happen one day. Maybe one of our fellow 'Strutters (who has doubles) will help make my dream come true. ;-P

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• well big stacks, after this post, you'll be the first person i think of if i ever run across a double!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    wyzewayz said:
    well big stacks, after this post, you'll be the first person i think of if i ever run across a double!

Hey Wyzeways,

My uncle played the LP for me decades ago, but of course, he wouldn't part with his copy. I've wanted a copy ever since. I'm willing to do business too for those who have that extra copy.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts

When I bought it I despised it, now I think it`s brilliant. How tastes can change...

• amphibious said:
    axefoley said:
    Just finished moving to my new (solo) spot a few hours ago, 15,000 lps is no joke. Yikes.. I got shuggie inspiration info on the portable right now.. Gotdamn it feels good to be sitting on the couch

congratulations man!

Hahaha thx B*n!

• Inspired by that Sextant art thread. Always a great and interesting listen. Even over the years I find new and fresh angles in this record.

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    from 2010 to 2011 I was listening to the Black Renaissance tune. That little female whimper call towards the end is one of the best things I ever heard in my life

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts

I needed some rock & roll to shake up the hangover a bit.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    PrimeCutsLtd said:

THIS RIGHT HERE.
    From the nineties, when the Fat Possum label was introducing the punk and alt-rock crowd to the blues.
    Junior Kimbrough, T-Model Ford and R.L. Burnside got all the attention, but this release by Elmo Williams & Hezekiah Early was overlooked. Great album that was mixed 100x hotter than most blues records.

• T. Rex's Electric Warrior. I forgot how much I loved "Cosmic Dancer."

• Just got this nice one in the mail, and I was def bumping it early on New Years:

That snare on Smokey Feeling always makes me

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Haven't yet set up my turntables since moving last week, but cd-wise...I've been listening to Nirvana's In Utero like crazy the past 2 weeks.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Actually considering only unpacking classical records for a while, at least long enough to learn me something about a genre I know very little about.

• First Goodwill find of 2011! The day after New Years!

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    BruceGeetz said:

Good call! This was the 2nd record I listened to in 2011.

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    I'm pretty sure it was this:

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    First full LP:

• The first two records that I picked up in 2011.

and then this,