Options

11/2/2010 (Lamprey Eel is toast)

Comments

• Unlike the right, who are almost as nutty, the reptilians are utterly powerless.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    lamprey eel said:

Two years ago, a thread about Obama's electoral victory goes on for pages and pages with near orgasmic glee and is considered to be of great importance.

Uh, it was.

I'm not calling for dude to get banned. He has a right to his own crackerrific opinion, but ignoring someone who's clearly trolling a predominantly left leaning msg board is good advice IMO.

Now go vote.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    funky16corners said:
    Unlike the right, who are almost as nutty, the reptilians are utterly powerless.

I don't fear the power of the Lamprey Eel....his posts will not harm me in any way.

• Rockadelic said:
    funky16corners said:
    Unlike the right, who are almost as nutty, the reptilians are utterly powerless.

I don't fear the power of the Lamprey Eel....his posts will not harm me in any way.

Yeah, I wasn't talking about the board, but rather how it's effected by external politics.

funky16corners said:
    Rockadelic said:
    funky16corners said:

Yeah, I wasn't talking about the board, but rather how it's effected by external politics.

We're apparently not on the same page....

Rockadelic said:

I'm talking about this site.....

Where the Lizard People Conspiracy theorists out number the Right wingnuts and I'm considered a "Conservative Republican".

• Options
    I don't get the Lizard People reference and I'm not sure I want to.

Are they Doors fans?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    BobDesperado said:

Are they Doors fans?

Read up on your read-ups

• Options
    DJ_Enki said:
    BobDesperado said:

Are they Doors fans?

Read up on your read-ups

Oh, Icke. That guy's fucked in the head.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    RAND PAUL, BITCHES

• Reynaldo said:
    RAND PAUL: BITCH

There you go. All better.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Ok, so the dems got whupped. Any way you look at it, 'obama's katrina' is still a really shitty metaphor.

• I'm excited. By my lights, to hear them tell it, the jobs will pick up pretty quickly... more jobs = more money coursing through my shop. My taxes will go down. I'm a small business owner! That is what these guys are talking about every day. I will surely benefit. This is a great opportunity for the Republican Party to gain my allegiance. I'm excited.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    You Americans are a finicky bunch. REP's are on the TV all talking about how Americans are showing they don't like how things have been for the last 20 months. 8 years have been forgotten.

I mean shit, the Russ Feingold loss blows my mind.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    DOR said:
    You Americans are a finicky bunch.

You have a gift for understatement.

• Options
    I was impressed by something teabagger darling Marco Rubio said in his victory speech. (Yeah, really.)

He warned his party that now they have to deliver, to live up to their rhetoric.

Given their history I say there's no way they'll be able to do that.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    lamprey eel said:
    Angle is going to win, by the way

If I lived in Nevada, I would probably have voted for Candidate X over Harry Reid. But Sharron Angle was LOONEY TUNES. Totally unelectable. In the Christine O'Donnell camp.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    The real story of this election should be how the GOP fumbled on the 1 yard line when tea baggers screwed the pooch in the senate. The should have easily taken that house too but they couldn't help themselves. The split in the GOP will become a major story by the early spring. Dudes are ready to flex but they will be facing the status quo who hold all the cards in DC. Should be quite interesting.

The other development of note is the Dems holding the west, especially latino voters, and conservative parts of the Northeast. This spells deep trouble in 2012 if the economy bounces back. it's going to come down to Wisconsin and Ohio and probably Michigan.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    J - If it hadn't been for the Dick Army distorting the issues in the first place, this would have been a closer election instead of a GOP wave. Given what Obama had to work with, the ADD/myopia combo of the majority of Americans is astounding. He didn't completely solve the greatest economic collapse in our lifetime in less than 2 years? Well, throw the bum out. Still, what's even more astounding is how (I apologize in advance to SS's female quotient for this phraseology) massively pussy the Democrats are.

The fact that folks on this board are actively debating the Burgeoning Sharia Storm shows how far down the poisoned well folks have fallen.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Feingold is a major loss, by the way; the man seldom failed to stand up for his ideals. Really, the Dems have no one left to fill his condom.

• LOL at GOP message this morning- We're in power, but we don't actually have the power to do anything. Dudes, you wanted the ball? You got it. Enjoy it. Best to not fuck it up.

• Options
    gareth said:
    LOL at GOP message this morning- We're in power, but we don't actually have the power to do anything. Dudes, you wanted the ball? You got it. Enjoy it. Best to not fuck it up.

But they will. It's what they do.

BobDesperado said:
    gareth said:
    LOL at GOP message this morning- We're in power, but we don't actually have the power to do anything. Dudes, you wanted the ball? You got it. Enjoy it. Best to not fuck it up.

Imagine if you ran a company and your workers divided in to two groups.

And they came to you as the owner of the company and each side said they couldn't get their work done because the other group wouldn't co-operate with them.

How long would it take before you fired every damn one of them and hired people who will get the work done.

These politicians need to find some common ground and get SOMETHING accomplished....NOW.

We're their boss and we're accepting this lame excuse....and as long as they keep us pointing fingers at one another they will never have to actually DO THEIR JOB!!

I blame every last one of them.....R and D alike.

• Get ready for two years of subpoenas and gridlock in congress, all brought to you by The Party of No.

Maybe it would've been better if McCain would've won in '08, maybe America didn't bottom out under Bush, and we all know there is no recovery until you hit rock bottom.

• i almost completely agree Rock.

seems like the dems acquiesce to republican agenda MUCH more than vice versa

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    BobDesperado said:
    gareth said:

And they came to you as the owner of the company and each side said they couldn't get their work done because the other group wouldn't co-operate with them.

How long would it take before you fired every damn one of them and hired people who will get the work done.

These politicians need to find some common ground and get SOMETHING accomplished....NOW.

We're their boss and we're accepting this lame excuse....and as long as they keep us pointing fingers at one another they will never have to actually DO THEIR JOB!!

I think the current Congress got quite a lot done despite the constant GOP obstructionism. It wasn't enough to dig us out of the hole yet, but I wasn't expecting magic tricks.

The teabagger wave will flatten out because it's a movement without a brain.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    BobDesperado said:

should be interesting to see what happens with the Teabaggers who made it in - the whole movement is fairly vague & actually having to stand for policy positions might be what finishes them

Leeches idea about a Palin / Rubio ticket in 2012 is looking possible though - good thing Rock didn't take his bet ;)

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    BobDesperado said:
    gareth said:

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Or you would get rid of one of the groups who you most agree with and start building from there.

Rockadelic said:
    BobDesperado said:
    gareth said:

• Fuck it, us californias did the right thing.
    Except for a ballot measure to save the state parks not passing and if course 19 (which never had a chance)
    I can honestly say I was surprised and proud of the D turn in Cali, especially from my Latino brethren.

Hell to the yes. And remember, Pelosi was public enemy number one for those fucks.

• Options
    Soulhawk said:
    BobDesperado said:

should be interesting to see what happens with the Teabaggers who made it in - the whole movement is fairly vague & actually having to stand for policy positions might be what finishes them

Leeches idea about a Palin / Rubio ticket in 2012 is looking possible though - good thing Rock didn't take his bet ;)

I saw Rubio's victory speech last night and while I don't agree with him about much he's an impressive dude. He'd be a fool to accept a second banana slot with Bible Spice, who is one of the country's biggest dipshits.