Bush Official Charged With Voter Suppression (NRR)

Comments

• gruntgravel you sound like an irrational adolescent who thinks he knows it all. you'll find more folks who are on your wavelength if you

Here come the personal attacks. Bottom line, no one has yet explained how what was reported in the article was voter suppression. Just because you think it is and want it to be, doesn't make it so.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    gruntgravel you sound like an irrational adolescent who thinks he knows it all. you'll find more folks who are on your wavelength if you

Here come the personal attacks. Bottom line, no one has yet explained how what was reported in the article was voter suppression. Just because you think it is and want it to be, doesn't make it so.

No one can prove on an individual, case-to-case basis that it suppressed anyone's vote. But you cannot deny that these actions create the potential[/b] for massive voter suppression. However, I'm sure you will try.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Whoa.

This GruntGravel dude is a fucking idiot.

• Let's try using English.

If they had not jammed the vote lines more people would have voted. Agreed.

They did jam the lines, fewer people voted. Thus the vote was suppressed.

What part of this do you not understand?

Dan

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    gruntgravel you sound like an irrational adolescent who thinks he knows it all. you'll find more folks who are on your wavelength if you

PLease provide us with an alternate theory of why a political party that is hungry to win a political gain in a tightly contested area would use their money to hire a company to jam phonelines of organizations that are associated with the rival political party? They thought it would be a fun prank? You might possible have to connect some dots...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

The Rs also stepped up the voter suppression game. The Ds do not engage in voter supression.

I'm not a Bush fan in any way. But you don't really believe the D's don't engage in voter supression do you? Both parties would eat ur young for some votes. They both do some shady business on the regular.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    And you think people who can't see through this bullshit are capable of weighing in on the important issues of the day? Darwinism at its best!

This is exactly what I am talking about.

Racistrightwingrepublicanpowermongers and their flunkys (you my friend) belive that they are free to erect all kinds of barriers to voting.

Like you they see nothing wrong with creating a system that favors the educated upper class and puts the lower classes and the less educated at a disadvantage.

Like you they belive that they have privilage because they are superior.

Like you they see nothing wrong with only having people who look act and think like them vote.

Dan

• gruntgravel you sound like an irrational adolescent who thinks he knows it all. you'll find more folks who are on your wavelength if you

PLease provide us with an alternate theory of why a political party that is hungry to win a political gain in a tightly contested area would use their money to hire a company to jam phonelines of organizations that are associated with the rival political party? They thought it would be a fun prank? You might possible have to connect some dots...

It was definitely dirty tricks. I have said that all along, but it will be impossible, by definition, to prove it was voter suppression.

It was definitely dirty tricks. I have said that all along, but it will be impossible, by definition, to prove it was voter suppression.

ok. that doesn't really answer the question I posed though. Please to provide an alternate theory of why they would spend money on these practices and risk being caught even for "disturbing commerce".

The Rs also stepped up the voter suppression game. The Ds do not engage in voter supression.

I'm not a Bush fan in any way. But you don't really believe the D's don't engage in voter supression do you? Both parties would eat ur young for some votes. They both do some shady business on the regular.

I've never heard of it. For decades increasing access to the polls has been a hallmark of the democrats (minus racist southern democrats who have since changed partys). Decreasing access has been a hallmark of the republicans.

In recent years the Rs have taken this to extremes that should outrage everyone, but for some reason only outrage the far left.

Dan

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

I've never heard of it. For decades increasing access to the polls has been a hallmark of the democrats (minus racist southern democrats who have since changed partys). Decreasing access has been a hallmark of the republicans.

In recent years the Rs have taken this to extremes that should outrage everyone, but for some reason only outrage the far left.

Dan

I seem to remember reading points from the ACVR Legislative Fund report. Which discussed paid Democrat operatives. Which they also found were just a busy as Rep. ones in 2004.

The point is tho... I'm not hear to take a stand for the Republican party. Just to say it seems a little bias to stand there and point fingers, when the truth is both parties are a lil fowl in my opinion.

• And you think people who can't see through this bullshit are capable of weighing in on the important issues of the day? Darwinism at its best!

This is exactly what I am talking about.

Racistrightwingrepublicanpowermongers and their flunkys (you my friend) belive that they are free to erect all kinds of barriers to voting.

Like you they see nothing wrong with creating a system that favors the educated upper class and puts the lower classes and the less educated at a disadvantage.

Like you they belive that they have privilage because they are superior.

Like you they see nothing wrong with only having people who look act and think like them vote.

Dan

Answer the question! Fuck all your racism/classism hyperbolism. Truthfully, do you think people who cannot see through this bullshit are capable of weighing in on the important issues of the day? I hate to disappoint, but your classification of me does not fit. I answer to no single ideology.

• The point is tho... I'm not hear to take a stand for the Republican party. Just to say it seems a little bias to stand there and point fingers, when the truth is both parties are a lil fowl in my opinion.

i agree with this. and to say this is anything new. i'm sure power hungry politicians have been doing it for years. it just seems that the republicans are a little more polished at these tactics.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Fuck all your racism/classism hyperbolism.

Class and race are pretty integral to this issue so it'd be hard to separate them entirely

Truthfully, do you think people who cannot see through this bullshit are capable of weighing in on the important issues of the day?

At least as capable as you are.

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    Answer the question!

How's this for an answer:

from the article:

"Since charges were first filed in December, the RNC has spent more than $722,000 to provide Tobin, who has pleaded innocent, a team of lawyers from the high-powered Washington law firm of Williams & Connolly. The firm's other clients include Bill and Hillary Clinton and former Housing Secretary Henry Cisneros."

Not only is this an illegal practice that actively annoys residents and discourages political participation, but the RNC is already spending MAD SCRILLA to keep this in check. Votes cannot be quantified - but illegal practices, like the calling onslaught can be.

• Fuck all your racism/classism hyperbolism.

Class and race are pretty integral to this issue so it'd be hard to separate them entirely

Truthfully, do you think people who cannot see through this bullshit are capable of weighing in on the important issues of the day?

At least I know on what day to show up at the polls fucker!

I know when to vote.

when yes, but your ability to see through the bullshit and be capable of weighing in on the important issues of the day is highly

I know when to vote.

when yes, but your ability to see through the bullshit and be capable of weighing in on the important issues of the day is highly

Funny, I think the same about your cognizant abilities.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

I know when to vote.

you're confusing 'cognizant' with 'cognitive', moron.

p.s. I'm back from Tibet, batches.

Bottom line gg: if those in power were spending millions to do whatever they could to actively prevent your specific race/class/age group/district from exercising your right to vote, you would feel differently about this. Think about it.

I know when to vote.

Thanks Professor Dick! I can't believe I typed that incorrectly, there so fucking different. I am embarrassed.

I know when to vote.

Thanks Professor Dick! I can't believe I typed that incorrectly, there so fucking different. I am embarrassed.

you are confusing there with they're = they are, that would be the correct use. Now let me go work on my cognizant abilities.

Doesn't even know the difference between "they're" and "there"???

I'm beginning to think this guy isn't smart enough to deserve the right to vote.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

I'm beginning to think this guy isn't smart enough to deserve the right to vote.

He should be arrested, tortured, and then released on his own recognitivity.

• Thanks Professor Dick! I can't believe I typed that incorrectly, there so fucking different. I am embarrassed.

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

ummm.... what?

Anyway dude- vague threats aside, all anybody here is trying to do is show you that when you allow the rights and freedoms of others to get stifled you're putting your own at risk too

I just hope you learn this lesson sooner rather than later

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Even if the Dems have done the same the point is THIS guy got caught and the Rep are defending him. They claim he didn't do anything, but it looks like they are deffending a guy who tried to interfear with peoples phones on the day of the vote. It was a premeditated action that had a speciffic goal. So no matter what the other side is doing, if you get caught you should pay.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

He should be arrested, tortured, and then released on his own recognitivity.

---

killin'

Answer the question!

Fuck all your racism/classism hyperbolism. Truthfully, do you think people who cannot see through this bullshit are capable of weighing in on the important issues of the day?

Yes.

I hate to disappoint, but your classification of me does not fit. I answer to no single ideology.

It is clear from all that you have said that you believe that you are superior to others and thus deserve more privilege.

You think because you can "see through this bullshit" that you deserve to vote.

You think that others who cannot "see through this bullshit" do not deserve to vote.

I would call that an ideology of supremacy and domination.

• Answer the question!

Fuck all your racism/classism hyperbolism. Truthfully, do you think people who cannot see through this bullshit are capable of weighing in on the important issues of the day?

Yes.

I hate to disappoint, but your classification of me does not fit. I answer to no single ideology.

It is clear from all that you have said that you believe that you are superior to others and thus deserve more privilege.

You think because you can "see through this bullshit" that you deserve to vote.

You think that others who cannot "see through this bullshit" do not deserve to vote.

I would call that an ideology of supremacy and domination.

wofie-

Give one example of an instance where I state that I think I am superior or believe that some people do not deserve to vote. You cannot, because I never said or implied any such thing. I know my worldview does not jive with yours, but is it necessary to resort to false generalizations and totally misconstrue my point. Again, I do not think what was discussed in the article equates to voter suppression. I do not agree with those kinds of tactics and think they are immoral, but they do not rise to the level of voter suppression. No ones right to vote was infringed on. I bet more people on this board agree with me, but are too scared to speak out. If you do not walk in lock step with a certain ideological bent around here...watch the fuck out!